Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Under lighting

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
KD
Known User

Re: Under lighting

Post by KD »

sir-scrogalot wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:55 pm
KD wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:33 am
You know the tops of the leaves are where the photosynthesis happens right? Cause plants evolved to process light coming from above right? Ask NorthernScrogger on Instagram, I promise you... It does nothing but waste money
Leaves will turn to the light, they will turn to receive the most intense source of light they can find. When running a two tier scrog lighting pointing upwards to the lower section of the scrog massively increases par in that area, its a way of improving penetration right through the canopy. If it was a 1 net scrog then you're right it won't do much as everything below the net is cut away, however on a 2 net scrog under lighting makes a big difference, for example in a 2ft x 4ft space it could be the difference between 2_3 ounces of Lower popcorn trim becoming quality bud. You could honestly be look g at 20% or more improvement In end product. Not to be sniffed at.
Is that talking from experience?

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Plants do photosynthesis from the underside of leaves so there could be some benefit from under lighting will be interesting to see.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post:
sir-scrogalot (Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:00 pm)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

it can only help with better bud formation :idn: ......... good stuff and im following on :thanks:

worth a read https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-ca ... ields-n779
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post:

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

KD wrote:
You know the tops of the leaves are where the photosynthesis happens right? Cause plants evolved to process light coming from above right? Ask NorthernScrogger on Instagram, I promise you... It does nothing but waste money
Photosynthesis happens INSIDE leaves and stems in cell structures called chloroplasts.

A quick google sorts that one out. :running-around:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:

sir-scrogalot

Post by sir-scrogalot »

KD wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:31 am
sir-scrogalot wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:55 pm
KD wrote:
Leaves will turn to the light, they will turn to receive the most intense source of light they can find. When running a two tier scrog lighting pointing upwards to the lower section of the scrog massively increases par in that area, its a way of improving penetration right through the canopy. If it was a 1 net scrog then you're right it won't do much as everything below the net is cut away, however on a 2 net scrog under lighting makes a big difference, for example in a 2ft x 4ft space it could be the difference between 2_3 ounces of Lower popcorn trim becoming quality bud. You could honestly be look g at 20% or more improvement In end product. Not to be sniffed at.
Is that talking from experience?
Well yeah, Iv ran under lighting before with good results. This run I'm doing now isn't to determine if it works or not, it's to determine if full spectrum light or pure 660nm Deep Red is better for the purpose.
Take a look at my new blog - www.grow-life.blog

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Ive got a DR8 on a grow at the moment had an idea that more Deep red would help just another mrnice crazy idea like me grounding a plant and my moon growing stage lol

I like to play around
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
sir-scrogalot (Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:20 pm)

sir-scrogalot

Post by sir-scrogalot »

MrNice wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:06 pm
Ive got a DR8 on a grow at the moment had an idea that more Deep red would help just another mrnice crazy idea like me grounding a plant and my moon growing stage lol

I like to play around
I have a feeling deep red will be better too but previously I used an old full spectrum 50w panel, that went well so I'm optimistic for both tests. I also want to look at blue for side lighting
These users thanked the author sir-scrogalot for the post:
MrNice (Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:24 pm)

sir-scrogalot

Post by sir-scrogalot »

My biggest issue right now is how I'm going to mount/suspend the lights from underneath

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

sir-scrogalot wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:22 pm
MrNice wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:06 pm

I like to play around
I have a feeling deep red will be better too but previously I used an old full spectrum 50w panel, that went well so I'm optimistic for both tests. I also want to look at blue for side lighting
ok no heard of that blue for side lighting

Was thinking of blue light in the morning then switch to full deep red from midday try mimic sun through the day cycle got a sunset strip aswell can chuck in need a few more timers aswell

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

sir-scrogalot wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:27 pm
My biggest issue right now is how I'm going to mount/suspend the lights from underneath
Ive side bolted mine to my Ish150 so all hanging from one light can send you pic for a laugh if you lik
mrnice handy work lol
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
sir-scrogalot (Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:25 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”