Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Budget insulation around the tent?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions

Re: Budget insulation around the tent?

Post by Guest »

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BNIB6.html

I used this stuff too in my build. Fairly cheap and audio insulating too.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
MrNice (Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:12 pm) • Benjic93 (Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:42 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:22 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:50 pm

Do they keep the heat in pretty well? Or would you recommend that aswell as a back up
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Guest (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:36 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:43 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:

Do they keep the heat in pretty well? Or would you recommend that aswell as a back up
Easiest fix is to just run auto`s under a 600hps on 24/7 lighting, sorted, no need for owt else, i would think that should keep room warm enough, obviously im not totally sure on that, but im near as dam it sure cus those lights kick out some serious heat. :nice:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
MrNice (Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:10 pm) • Benjic93 (Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:53 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:23 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:52 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
DIY.Rik wrote:

Easiest fix is to just run auto`s under a 600hps on 24/7 lighting, sorted, no need for owt else, i would think that should keep room warm enough, obviously im not totally sure on that, but im near as dam it sure cus those lights kick out some serious heat. :nice:
Thats the last resort for me. They kick out heat but also kick out a huge leccy bill. Especially if running 24/7. I ran them for 24hr the other day to get an idea of environment and it sat at around 24c I think. That was with temps outside being around 5c. Hopefully it won't go to far into the minuses.
Stickylemonz (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:23 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

2-Scoops wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:
DIY.Rik wrote:

This is what I was gonna have to resort to, due to cold weather but honestly that stuff does the job mate them boards! I wish I saw them that rik mentioned as would have saved a fair bit of money lol! But hey ho it does sort itself out tbh only time heater comes on is when lights go out. But where I veg in groom and flower in tent it only completely dark for 6 hours in box/groom so been okay on leccy so far! But having two hps running isn’t cheap lol,, hope you sort this mate
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post:
Benjic93 (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:33 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Stickylemonz wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:26 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:

This is what I was gonna have to resort to, due to cold weather but honestly that stuff does the job mate them boards! I wish I saw them that rik mentioned as would have saved a fair bit of money lol! But hey ho it does sort itself out tbh only time heater comes on is when lights go out. But where I veg in groom and flower in tent it only completely dark for 6 hours in box/groom so been okay on leccy so far! But having two hps running isn’t cheap lol,, hope you sort this mate
Yeh man I love what you've done with your set up! Looks great and alot of effort 👌 yeh thanks man, if I go for the boards then I have a better chance of running photos instead of autos. I just need to get my ass in gear and sort it.
Stickylemonz (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:58 pm)

Post by Guest »

Benjic93 wrote:
DIY.Rik wrote:

Maybe just use for your floor? That's what they are designed for, but they seem to work well for me so far. Gets too hot in there now really, but I got some tweaking and more work to do yet.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Stickylemonz (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:59 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Stickylemonz wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:26 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

Yeh man I love what you've done with your set up! Looks great and alot of effort 👌 yeh thanks man, if I go for the boards then I have a better chance of running photos instead of autos. I just need to get my ass in gear and sort it.
Yeh I have same problem @DIY.Rik mine is so hot atm it at 33 lights on I defo gotta sort it… I think I’m gonna have to take out one of the hps and use a old blurple I can borrow of mate… don’t really want to but I need to!!

Thank you mate! Yeh defo took some money to do! Been broke because of it tbh but atleast it done now! I defo need to start to save for led for summer as I’m gonna be totally fucked haha if I’m stuggling in winter haha

Also mate it takes time! So don’t stress! Took me a while to decide what to do tbh! Hence why now I’m gonna run out of smoke because took me so long but hey ho shot happenes haha
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:40 pm) • Benjic93 (Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:46 pm)

Post by Guest »

In summer the YBS insulation stops some of the heat in the summer. That was my idea, much like why they use it for loft builds.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Stickylemonz (Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:29 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:55 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:

Thats the last resort for me. They kick out heat but also kick out a huge leccy bill. Especially if running 24/7. I ran them for 24hr the other day to get an idea of environment and it sat at around 24c I think. That was with temps outside being around 5c. Hopefully it won't go to far into the minuses.
Room insulated or not during winter months I still would think you will prolly still need a heater of some sort in their for dark periods growing outside and those fuckers eat juice as well man, i use a 600 watter oil filled rad growing indoors and red dot thingi on leccy box is always flashing like mad. A bit ying n yang`y in it cus both cost fortunes.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Guest (Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:18 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”