Making Canna Butter

ILlegalyGrowing

Re: Making Canna Butter

Post by ILlegalyGrowing »

Diggin into edibles myself recently and read through this just to come up with the question, did you make an iso thread/post? Lol. I like the coconut oil method better just bc you can use it with a lot more IMO. But was curious why hmr thought it tasted like shite? What flavor were you getting ? Plant? Literal shite? Just curious

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

Add Sunflower Lecithin 1 teaspoon per cup of oil or butter it will make the thc bind to the fat better giving you a more potent oil or butter. I'd also suggest a silicon lidded box to decarb in allows decarb at lower oven temp so better control I use a digital probe thermometer in the box to stay on point temp wise.
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Need to get on this. cocunut oil sounds good too. I just want some potent butter or oil. @Sage what's your dercarb process? Are you using a fan oven?

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

I put it in a box like the one I linked to with a temp probe in the box inside an element heated oven.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

ooooh oooh that smell......... !!! :lol:

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

the coconut oil was better than the butter flavour wise. the taste is a bitter acrid plant matter taste really. Im sure theres a way of doing it better than we did! I'd love to learn properly.
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Ghost_In_A_Jar

Post by Ghost_In_A_Jar »

We have this a go today. Smells just like it does any other time I have cooked with it, so we’ll see if it works in some brownies this week.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Ghost_In_A_Jar wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:22 pm
We have this a go today. Smells just like it does any other time I have cooked with it, so we’ll see if it works in some brownies this week.
Butter or coconut oil?

Ghost_In_A_Jar

Post by Ghost_In_A_Jar »

Butter.... I'll give it a shot with some coconut oil next time. I only made it with the trimmed sugar leaf that I had left over, so not expecting miricles. To be fair, if it gets me slightly more stoned than I am at all other points of a normal day, it's a winner!

Ghost_In_A_Jar

Post by Ghost_In_A_Jar »

Just thought I’d update on this…
I made the brownies with 50g of butter in place of the butter in the recipe.
1st night,
Ate 1 brownie. After about 50 mins, nice bit of a buzz. Thought I’d eat 2 more, just for the hell of it.
Woke up on the sofa in the early hours. Probably peed on the dog. I don’t know, at that point I just wanted bed.
2nd night,
Banged straight in with a triple brownie and ice cream combo.
Didn’t really do a lot for about the first 90 mins.
Then got a bit giggly and felt pretty damn good.

Haven’t had any since and they are now in the freezer awaiting an unsuspecting friend/relative to pop round or for when I feel like I want an extra kick over the weekend.

Pretty sure I could have done a better job and probs got a better/stronger result by using some bud or keif in the mix, but for a first attempt, I’m pretty impressed.

So next time I make a batch I’ll use 150g of the butter. So I should only need 1/3 the amount to get the same result….right?

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates, Edibles, Extracts & Paraphernalia”