Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Does anyone have experience with dehumidifiers?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Benjic93

Re: Does anyone have experience with dehumidifiers?

Post by Benjic93 »

Mustang92 wrote:some doors are standard size and come frame & door and some doors are made to fit because they need to be and that would be pain in arse.

just guessing on @ Josh's awesome suggestion mate,

i'm guessing aircon is british for a/c window unit(dehumidifier is just a shite a/c unit). the air passing through a/c unit would drop in humidity plus your also drawing that same air that is already lower humidity, similar to how a recirculate button on car for colder air works. I don't see why you couldn't run exhaust fan with carb filter 24/7 and a/c unit on a humidity switch so it ain't on constantly.

It also looks like shed is on cement floor, most cement floors are like sponges for moisture. Concrete sweating usually occurs when warm air comes into contact with a cooler concrete slab and it causes the concrete floor to sweat. ... After a humid night, water vapor in the air will come into contact with the cooler concrete floor and will condense into morning dew or wet walls.
@Mustang92 yeh cheers mate, tends to be early morning the concrete slabs are sweating. So I crack the shed door open and leave it open throughout the day until the evening.

Think it might mainly be from when temp drop on the outside my oil fill rad kicks in so got air will be getting sucked from the tent straight into the shed.

It is concrete flooring but I have the tent on an old shag rug to keep the coldness slightly away lol.

One of the main reasons for hunting a dehumidifier was to try and avoid the walls from sweating. Would it fuck the concrete in the long run? Havnt bought a dehumidifier yet. In 2 minds whether the price tag will actually make a difference in the tent or if I'm throwing money down the drain. Have plenty of air movement within the tent itself.

Carbon filter is on 24/7 and plan was to stick the dehumidy on my inkbird so it's on or off depending on RH

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hey buddy, I just recirculate my aircon (no extraction) and I run my carbon filter 24/7, just have my fan sitting on top sucking air through. I don't extract the filtered air either

Main reason I started growing like this was because my aircon couldn't keep up with extraction, I was blowing all my cold air right out the window. I like this way much better, saves on leccy too.

Keep in mind though, if you have bigger buds or a strain that isn't mold resistant, still a great idea to run a dehumidifier at lights out

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:43 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:41 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Josh wrote:Hey buddy, I just recirculate my aircon (no extraction) and I run my carbon filter 24/7, just have my fan sitting on top sucking air through. I don't extract the filtered air either

Main reason I started growing like this was because my aircon couldn't keep up with extraction, I was blowing all my cold air right out the window. I like this way much better, saves on leccy too.

Keep in mind though, if you have bigger buds or a strain that isn't mold resistant, still a great idea to run a dehumidifier at lights out

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I'll steal this idea for when I get my own place, thanks man. In the meantime I'll either just buy a dehumidifier or push to the finnish

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Josh (Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:02 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Benjic93 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:19 pm
Would it fuck the concrete in the long run?
I can`t see why it would, although i don`t grow surrounded by concrete walls I've grown indoors in same room near on ten years and when i used the bigger bedroom i grew in their about same time and theirs no problems with dodgy walls, ok as said not concrete but i presume plaster is like a sponge too, i never get wet walls they are painted matt white.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Benjic93 (Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:45 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:41 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:19 pm
Would it fuck the concrete in the long run?
I can`t see why it would, although i don`t grow surrounded by concrete walls I've grown indoors in same room near on ten years and when i used the bigger bedroom i grew in their about same time and theirs no problems with dodgy walls, ok as said not concrete but i presume plaster is like a sponge too, i never get wet walls they are painted matt white.
Cheers @2-Scoops I havnt ended up buying a dehumidifier yet, I can't part with that much ££ yet lol.. luckily we've had really nice weather so I've had the shed open abit for a while. Decided to push it until the end. Chopping in the next few days. Going to try squeeze another grow in before winter comes and just see if I'll need one then or be abit more organised and sort something out.
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:57 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”