Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Fantastic

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
machiavelington

Fantastic

Post by machiavelington »

Ok sorry for title and possibly misleading you but it is all about fans and control of them
so my sms twin 4.5amp controller has stopped controlling, which lead my to open my boxed fan up i got used as a 5" to find out its some unkown brand 4" lol great i got it to replace a 4" ruck 100L i was using back then
so now i am left with those 2 4inchers and a vents tt ive used as a intake fan
what i want to do is grab a systemair stl 1.5 or 3 amp transformer based controller in a week or so, but i am unsure about running 2 fans off 1 do they have to be same brand and range ? And could i say run a 4" intake and a 6" out , of the same brand like the radair for example ?
the unkown fan in the box
thanks for any info on this macha :puff puff:
These users thanked the author machiavelington for the post (total 3):
Mrs Beefheart (Mon May 03, 2021 11:06 pm) • Keeno (Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 pm) • Herbalist (Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:30 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Fantastic

Post by Keeno »

I've not used them controllers or fans so can't comment. Maybe email the controller manufacturer and see what they say.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
machiavelington (Fri May 07, 2021 8:33 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I shall presume that the speed controllers send out variable voltages, so I'm going to say yes you can if the controller can take the extra current and if you wire them in parallel.

But I'm with Keeno and I'd probably email the manufacturer.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Fri May 07, 2021 8:06 pm) • machiavelington (Fri May 07, 2021 8:32 pm)

machiavelington

Hi and thanks for replays peeps, i have been emailing about got some replys and not for others
the fan in pic i found out is an airteq wk inline pro seems quieter than my older ruck 100L but similar cfm so i am currently debating what to do and what to get
thanks mach
These users thanked the author machiavelington for the post:
Keeno (Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm)

machiavelington

So i am kinda trying to work out what controller to get. and if to even do that or just get a 5" ec fan(hydrolab) with its own speed control,
i am about to move from my 90 cm sq x 1.5m tall tent ive had for long time to a 1m sq x 2m tall tent and a 300w LED before the years out
so i want to get my ventilation system uptodate for that.
controllers i was looking at mainly are The Control Freak Fusion Controller 4amp to use with my current stuff or any ac fans
and The RAM HIGH POWER AIR-PRO 2 controller + a ram 5" inline looks good and the fans to match are not ec but they look good and are at my kinda of price i also have a 5" rhino pro and duct as i thought i had a 5" fan, but i am unsure how the ram would work with my ruck or airteq 4" fans
What would some of you guys do ? i dont have loads £ but can say spend 200 on ventilation

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”