Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

taking cuttings the faultless way !!! a bit of piss.

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis

Re: taking cuttings the faultless way !!! a bit of piss.

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:46 pm
How long did it take for the roots to start showing @GMO ???
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
GMO (Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:47 pm) • Captain Beefheart (Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:47 pm
GMO wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:46 pm
How long did it take for the roots to start showing @GMO ???
I think it was about 8 days this time
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Guest (Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:44 pm) • Captain Beefheart (Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Captain Beefheart wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:45 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:I've got some going using the bad method. Let's just hope they root. I'll post a pic on her once they're done. Good or bad lol.
I see no reason why they wont rik Bach,here's mine now a few days in and i know that all 6 will root/ survive as by now any failures would have wilted see misted once a day

great googly moogly!
Well they're under the T5 happy enough, with another auto seedling. No wilting although I'm using the zip lock bags so you said not to touch them for 3 weeks?

Nice to see a different method. I seen those planters in aldi or lidl somewhere, I wish I grabbed myself one now.
Aye rik had mine from pound stretchers last misting thus morning now its time they make roots i just keep the prop humid now spraying the lid and floor healthy batch seeImage

great googly moogly!

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Guest (Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:13 am)

Post by Guest »

Well my cutting are coming up to around 2 weeks old and they still haven't shown any roots. One has started to go mouldy :lol: Others are yellowing off and dying.

I think I best get some seeds popped and try and another time.

Cutting's were shit and it was late in flower and I didn't know where to cut.

Oh well. I will try try again.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
KD (Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:10 am) • Captain Beefheart (Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:36 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:40 am
Well my cutting are coming up to around 2 weeks old and they still haven't shown any roots. One has started to go mouldy :lol: Others are yellowing off and dying.

Deffo don't give up mate. My Jiffy plugs got ruined in the flood so I filled tiny yogurt pots with Coco and did 4 cuttings. It was only after I'd sealed the bags and tidied up I realised I hadn't dipped them in anything to help them root or cut the outer layer away. Took 2 weeks but out of the 4, 1 flat out died, 2 didn't have any roots showing out the side where I'd cut holes so I took it apart to find the tinyest roots starting to grow, and the last one... We'll see for yourself...

The last one is my new mum maybe. Might just grow her out though. Haven't decided yet
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 2):
Guest (Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:30 am) • Captain Beefheart (Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:36 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

DIY.Rik wrote:Well my cutting are coming up to around 2 weeks old and they still haven't shown any roots. One has started to go mouldy Others are yellowing off and dying.

Well rik don't give up ewe will crack the process im assure maybe get to pound stretchers and get a prop heres the thors hammers all 6 have roots and are healthy but I'm slinging a few as I'm gonna root a few others mixed flavours are nice see ImageImageImageImage

great googly moogly!

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
KD (Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:19 am) • Guest (Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:31 am)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

That prop looks handy as fuck! Could do with one of those myself I reckon. No poundlands out here though :(
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Captain Beefheart (Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:42 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

Those cuttings look lovely and green capt how often did you spray them, when I've used a spray the leaves end up looking terrible before they root out and start feeding. Ps I've rooted a couple of cuts using the bags it worked great
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post:
Captain Beefheart (Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:21 pm)

Post by Guest »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:45 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:Well my cutting are coming up to around 2 weeks old and they still haven't shown any roots. One has started to go mouldy Others are yellowing off and dying.

Well rik don't give up ewe will crack the process im assure maybe get to pound stretchers and get a prop heres the thors hammers all 6 have roots and are healthy but I'm slinging a few as I'm gonna root a few others mixed flavours are nice see ImageImageImageImage

great googly moogly!
I think I did them far too early. Too busy and by evening comes I've been too lazy and tired. I have some more beans cracked in some water over 24 hours in the soil already so we'll soo if they shoot.

I actually checked each one before binning. One had one root showing, so could have used it but some of the leaves were all mouldy so it would have been a nightmare.

Could be old big zip locks at back of cupboard picked up some spores over the years.

Yeah maybe I'll try a different method. For now, I have my heart set on a Dutch Passion Euforia. I did the Auto and it was and AMAZING smoke. Suited myself perfectly, especially for anxiety. Lovely jubbly. Thanks Bach. Wilko here I come.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Captain Beefheart (Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:21 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Wrh wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:53 am
Those cuttings look lovely and green capt how often did you spray them, when I've used a spray the leaves end up looking terrible before they root out and start feeding. Ps I've rooted a couple of cuts using the bags it worked great
first off theire in coco jiffy`s which i presoak with a mild feed cf 1 ph`d at 6 ish...so this will help as soon as they make a root they got summit to chew on see,i mist them the day they go in heavilly then i wait until the leafs are almost dryish just a few droplets of water on them usually about every 2 days....dont forget to keep the jiffys wet tho they can dry out a tad after say 4 / 5 days then i use a srynge to wet them with a little solution cf1 ph 6ish just to keep them wet see,after say 6 days stop misting + anything thats pert will make it anything floppy bin it :oik!:
DIY.Rik wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:36 am
Captain Beefheart wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:45 pm

I think I did them far too early. Too busy and by evening comes I've been too lazy and tired. I have some more beans cracked in some water over 24 hours in the soil already so we'll soo if they shoot.

I actually checked each one before binning. One had one root showing, so could have used it but some of the leaves were all mouldy so it would have been a nightmare.

Could be old big zip locks at back of cupboard picked up some spores over the years.

Yeah maybe I'll try a different method. For now, I have my heart set on a Dutch Passion Euforia. I did the Auto and it was and AMAZING smoke. Suited myself perfectly, especially for anxiety. Lovely jubbly. Thanks Bach. Wilko here I come.
well rik i can jest tell ewe will crack it no problem,good luck :oik!:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Wrh (Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:39 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”