Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Nutrient burn?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Nutrient burn?

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:33 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:04 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:20 pm
Wow, https://www.indicanutrients.com/product/the-messiah/

They make a lot of bold claims there.

Sorry man, but with the medium and these nutes I really think you;re gonna be pissing in the wind.

Just gonna have to read the plant and see how she handles them.

:idn:

She still looks overwatered and underfed to me this morning. :idn:
They all make bold claims those dirty rascals trying to get our £/$ Advanced is number 1 at that

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:24 pm

They may well make a lot of claims bro, I got asked to trial them, for free, so nothing to lose. The guys at indica have hooked me up with ALOT of freebies so least I can do is actually run them

We'll see how it goes, the messiah you linked is what I'm using bro, it does say it can be used in either soil or coco tbf but I know I'll have to supplement calmag
You could tell guys at Indica ferts you`ve switched to coco ferts cus the soil ferts are wank in my current medium :lol: Seriously though if you do stick with dirt ferts then use calmag like your saying. 8-)
Yea you're right I guess lol! I'll see what happens next feed the take it from there
Out of interest how often do you feed them ferts ? Why i ask is in coco i feed daily and a plant that size would be getting at least 1.5ml per liter of A&B and closer 2mls, but that`s feeding on a daily basis, what im getting at is you may need to give more ferts if feeding every 3 to 4 days in that 60/40 medium cus ferts will soon become depleted within your medium even though its still soggy wet, but dont jump in like a crazy horse to start with, try 1.5ml a ltr as said and see how they getting along after a few feeds.

Oh yes whilst its still fresh in my head summink about rh, i`d let it be atmo till you get plants back feeding cus by getting rh up your slowing down medium from drying quicker, i think its a better idea getting temps up close to 30c for a few weeks so plants sweat it out and drink more wetness from medium atmo, just till roots have come round and spread good and proper and medium is drying out a wee bit quicker, in doing this it should naturally raise rh a wee bit all be it minimal but yes dxont sweat rh too much just yet or at all tbh.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
grownnotflown420 (Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:10 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

What you have there is a Mg deficiency. Probably because you're running RO water but it could be PH. My guess is the base feed you're using doesn't have enough Mg to support healthy growth when using RO water. I've had this many times before as I'm an RO grower too. It's early stages but left to progress you will take a hit in the weight dept as it will also affect the uptake of K and Ca. Either buffer your water with a small amount of CalMag, add some municipal water or swap to a base feed suitable for RO water. Good luck buddy!!

PS, Plagron works OK with RO but needs buffering, I've also used Vitalink, Canna, Ferro, BioBizz & House & Garden and all have needed CalMag to stabilise things. I've recently moved over to Terra Aquatica Tri-Part as they specifically say their soft water micro has plenty of Ca and Mg for use with RO. After many years of trial and error and heard it all before I was skeptical to say the least but it actually does! No more buffering and everything is lush and healthy. But, of you want to use RO, make sure your feed can provide enough secondary macros and micros.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
grownnotflown420 (Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:51 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:35 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Post by Guest »

This looks more like a deficiciency to me. Burn is a darker colour apparantly. I did myself mistake this similar thing on my plant for nutrient burn. When I should have been giving them more.

Hope you figure it out. My plants always end up looking tired. Still produces nice smoke though. We all learn along the way
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
grownnotflown420 (Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:51 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:51 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

grownnotflown420

Post by grownnotflown420 »

Thanks all, I have a plan for moving forward so all good for now
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post (total 2):
seymore_budz (Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:50 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:51 pm)
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:54 pm
grownnotflown420 wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:
They all make bold claims those dirty rascals trying to get our £/$ Advanced is number 1 at that

You could tell guys at Indica ferts you`ve switched to coco ferts cus the soil ferts are wank in my current medium :lol: Seriously though if you do stick with dirt ferts then use calmag like your saying. 8-)
Yea you're right I guess lol! I'll see what happens next feed the take it from there
Out of interest how often do you feed them ferts ? Why i ask is in coco i feed daily and a plant that size would be getting at least 1.5ml per liter of A&B and closer 2mls, but that`s feeding on a daily basis, what im getting at is you may need to give more ferts if feeding every 3 to 4 days in that 60/40 medium cus ferts will soon become depleted within your medium even though its still soggy wet, but dont jump in like a crazy horse to start with, try 1.5ml a ltr as said and see how they getting along after a few feeds.

Oh yes whilst its still fresh in my head summink about rh, i`d let it be atmo till you get plants back feeding cus by getting rh up your slowing down medium from drying quicker, i think its a better idea getting temps up close to 30c for a few weeks so plants sweat it out and drink more wetness from medium atmo, just till roots have come round and spread good and proper and medium is drying out a wee bit quicker, in doing this it should naturally raise rh a wee bit all be it minimal but yes dxont sweat rh too much just yet or at all tbh.
I overwatered too which I don't think helped, so letting it dry out then will be feeding every 3 days,

I've just dug the oil rad out and thermostat, it's only a small space as u can see in the pics so should be fine, I'll crank temps to 30 and let the pots dry.

Recon 2l of feed at 1.5ml/l fert and 1ml/l calmag is enough?
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 pm)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
grownnotflown420 wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:

Scoops, thinking about your point regarding rh,

How about if I chuck my dehumidifier in there? Pull the rh down to 40ish%? I feel like this pot has been wet for WAY too long now
2-Scoops (Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:54 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
grownnotflown420 wrote:

I overwatered too which I don't think helped, so letting it dry out then will be feeding every 3 days,

I've just dug the oil rad out and thermostat, it's only a small space as u can see in the pics so should be fine, I'll crank temps to 30 and let the pots dry.

Only one way to find out mate and if its not enough you`ll be able to tell cus things are getting worse plant will be losingh its green eating itself. Tbh if thery mine i`d prolly risk giving more but best see how it reacts to 1.5ml and you`ll know pretty quick cus its mineral base ferts so pretty much instant if roots arent too cold and plant is taking it up. But yes after a few feeds iff its improving and plants growiong you can upp it slightly no sweat. It`ll get their mate im sure. What`s N.P.K amounts say on back of bottles just out of interest and is it A&B ?
grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:11 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
grownnotflown420 wrote:

How about if I chuck my dehumidifier in there? Pull the rh down to 40ish%? I feel like this pot has been wet for WAY too long now
Humidity well It`s summink ive never sweated about really myself i just let it do it`s thing. But i think just by slamming that rad in their close to pots will help briong roots ropund and dry it out quicker, your extraction will do rest mate. My rads stuck in middler between both pots, here like this i think i gotta pic uploaded already. Its a 400watter and stats turned to 3/4 and i just let temp/environment controller and extractor do rest of work, seems to work a treat although night temps past few nights have been 18c no sweat really at that but i just slowed extraction on climate control thingi down which should raise night temps up a bit Image
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
grownnotflown420 (Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:20 pm)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:34 pm
grownnotflown420 wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:

Only one way to find out mate and if its not enough you`ll be able to tell cus things are getting worse plant will be losingh its green eating itself. Tbh if thery mine i`d prolly risk giving more but best see how it reacts to 1.5ml and you`ll know pretty quick cus its mineral base ferts so pretty much instant if roots arent too cold and plant is taking it up. But yes after a few feeds iff its improving and plants growiong you can upp it slightly no sweat. It`ll get their mate im sure. What`s N.P.K amounts say on back of bottles just out of interest and is it A&B ?
grownnotflown420 wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:

Humidity well It`s summink ive never sweated about really myself i just let it do it`s thing. But i think just by slamming that rad in their close to pots will help briong roots ropund and dry it out quicker, your extraction will do rest mate. My rads stuck in middler between both pots, here like this i think i gotta pic uploaded already. Its a 400watter and stats turned to 3/4 and i just let temp/environment controller and extractor do rest of work, seems to work a treat although night temps past few nights have been 18c no sweat really at that but i just slowed extraction on climate control thingi down which should raise night temps up a bit Image
Here's the breakdown my dude for the ferts, it's one part not a&b

Plant nutrient content (w/v %)

Nitrogen (N) 9%

Phosphorus 5% (as P2O5)

Potassium 16% (as K2O)

Calcium 1.53%

Sulphur 1.57%

Magnesium 0.23%

Iron 0.16%

Zinc 0.02%

Manganese 0.01%

Boron 0.01%

Copper 0.001%

Molybdenum 0.001%

Sweet man, the rads in and temps up to 29 no problem so fingers crossed 🤞🤞

Also nice plant man, love it, what was your end yield on that?!
2-Scoops (Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:57 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Plenty of N.P.K in those ferts mate. Oh yes remember to get a run off reading next feed.

Don`t know yield mate it`s still growing at 49days in bloom its on here in grow section. Theirs 2 plants in 110cm x 55cm floor space, its only a small space so i reckon i`ll get at least 5 oz a plant maybe a bit more, im impressed though atmo how its going.

Image thats more or less both plants 8-)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:34 pm
grownnotflown420 wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:

grownnotflown420 wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:

So I fed the plants this morning, I went for 2ml/l base feed and 1ml/l calmag and within 12 hours they both seem fuller and more alive, we'll see how they look in the morning 🙏🙏

Thanks again so much man
2-Scoops (Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:30 am)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”