Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Does organic grown really weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert grown weed.

Cannabis research, studies & results
Trex

Re: Does organic grown really weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert grown weed.

Post by Trex »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:34 pm
Quick question...

Would you live on meat grown in a lab?

Or an animal that had been force fed steroids all it's life and kept in a cage?
How bout , fresh beef raised on HAY , no gmo corn ,no steroids fuck all , like i get from the Amish here .

Trex

Does organic grown really weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert grown weed.

Post by Trex »

Marcus wrote:
Trex wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:07 pm
Marcus wrote:
Quick question...

How bout , fresh beef raised on HAY , no gmo corn ,no steroids fuck all , like i get from the Amish here .
We only eat free range organic meat here.

Grass fed beef though, seeing as we got all these fields. :oik!:

i grow 100% of all my vegetables n fruit from april to october . we can it and store it all , i buy my range grazing beef and chicken from amish , i rely on stores for just simple things .

cant stand store bought food , theres not much nutrition in it .
im just about to reboot my indoor coco lettuce growing under 2-60w hlg led .

You are what you eat afterall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko
These users thanked the author Trex for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:32 pm) • MrNice (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:43 pm)

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Re: Does organic grown really weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert grown weed.

Post by camkush »

Marcus wrote:
Quick question...

We dont feed them steroids we inject a pill that goes between the skin and dissolves slowly behind the ear of the cow. Good ole FDA doesnt make us use natural hormones either.. synthetic hormones are allowed. Fucking weird but ehh i like steak :)

Grass fed free range cattle does taste better to me though.
These users thanked the author camkush for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:32 pm) • MrNice (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:44 pm)
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Ukbudz

Post by Ukbudz »

All I can go on is my own experience and ultimately i would say it depends on the grower. Ive grown my roadawg cut in coco and in organics using biotabs and old-timers. I would bet a penny to a pound in a blind taste test no one could tell, as i couldn't and I've ran her a good few times. Only time she ever tasted different was when my mate ran her in his room and some phenotypical variations came out that I've never seen before, mainly in the taste and smell.

I'll be going back into coco myself after this last no till run and I can honestly say I won't be any less happy with my weed, I'll be more unhappy with messing about with ph and ec again :sick:
And also I'll miss watching my critters run around and funghi develop .

Obviously this just my 2p and some people will swear they can taste the difference :idn:
These users thanked the author Ukbudz for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:28 pm) • ohlordyeah_420 (Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 pm) • Josh (Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:04 pm)

Trex

Post by Trex »

2-Scoops wrote:A quote from Harvard Medical School site, don`t know what or iff its a klegit thing, but it was the Harvard dragged me in :D
According to USDA data, organic foods have fewer pesticide residues than conventionally grown produce. But the amounts for both types of produce are within the level for safe consumption. And it's unclear if the pesticides used in organic farming are safer than nonsynthetic pesticides used in conventional farming. "The verdict is still out about pesticides and fertilizers as far as the long-term impact on health. There are so many other variables in the environment. It's hard to say it's the pesticide on the peach that was the primary cause of a health-related issue," says McManus.

Similarly, we don't have enough information yet to know if the lack of hormones and antibiotics in organic animal products makes them healthier than conventional animal products.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... go-organic

Quoted from this page:
– While organic nutrients may increase the smell and taste of buds, chemical nutrients may increase the potency.
Its still on "may" nowt in stone
whats labelled in stores as irganic is complete b.s as proven by many . Pyrethrin is labelled organic and embeds itself in plant tissue , its cancerous and causes a whole host of health ailements .

The only organic imho is if you grow your own .
I develloped my own organic fertilizer . i get pure organic materials from my local feed mill here . make my own potting soils and built my garden soils its been about 18 yrs now .

organic labelled fertilizer/pesticides/herbicides only needs 5% organic material to get certified , its fucking insane and we are seriously getting fucked over and sick , the food supply is completly contaminated .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Trex for the post (total 4):
MrNice (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:59 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:28 pm) • Guest (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:42 pm) • Ukbudz (Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:20 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Wow didnt have to wait long guys good debate .......................................... :clap: :clap:

With reguards to the weed I know im no howard marks and have only been doing this for just under 2 yrs now but one thing sticks out

The seed or the cutting if there not A1 to start off you wont get good shit Ive seen peeps pop loads of seeds to find that one plant that stands out

good genitcs is a must for best bud in my book

Yeah cant remember who said about the snake oil comp but yes they should all be using the same cuttings to make it a fair comparison too late now plus we cant do the cutting thing its a taboo

Mr marcus will be pulling up a chair on your grow Bro :clap:

:Stoned:
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 3):
Trex (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:03 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:29 pm) • Josh (Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:04 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

about 10 weeks and ill let ya know :oik!:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 4):
2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:29 pm) • Marcus (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:33 pm) • Guest (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:42 pm) • Josh (Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:05 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

GMO wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:13 pm

about 10 weeks and ill let ya know :oik!:
Hey GMO

Is this ya hippy soil grow ?.................. you hav link to ya post on what youve done :clap:
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
GMO (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:20 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

MrNice wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:18 pm
Hey GMO

Is this ya hippy soil grow ?.................. you hav link to ya post on what youve done
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8640

left 2 are coco, middle 2 are GHO living "veganic" soil and the right 2 are synthganics
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:21 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:29 pm)

Trex

Post by Trex »

MrNice wrote:Wow didnt have to wait long guys good debate .......................................... :clap: :clap:

With reguards to the weed I know im no howard marks and have only been doing this for just under 2 yrs now but one thing sticks out

The seed or the cutting if there not A1 to start off you wont get good shit Ive seen peeps pop loads of seeds to find that one plant that stands out

good genitcs is a must for best bud in my book

Yeah cant remember who said about the snake oil comp but yes they should all be using the same cuttings to make it a fair comparison too late now plus we cant do the cutting thing its a taboo

Mr marcus will be pulling up a chair on your grow Bro :clap:

:Stoned:
yes ,genetics indeed ,selecting seed from the biggest toughest strongest producing plant is #1!! A good ripened seed is equally as important .

notice how 98% of canna seeds breeders sell us grey/brownish undevelloped seed , were almost doomed from the start !

Ive had my Tomato,Green/Red Pepper, lettuce ,
cucumber,garlic stock and seed saving for 10 years now . They adapt to my weather and other env. conditions etc

These days , breeders are pollen chuckers .
Imagine buying Beefsteak tomato seeds and end up having cherry tomatoes lol , its exactly whats going on in the canna industry . Its become such a rip off and suckers keep buying n buying lol Sucker born every minute i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Trex for the post:
MrNice (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:34 pm)

Return to “Cannabis science and research”