6" Clip on Fan RAM AIR

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews

6" Clip on Fan RAM AIR

Post by Guest »

I have used these fans since day one of being an indoor grower and I did buy another one to help get more air circulated around my beloved tent.

After using these for almost 2 years now, I will say one thing, Noise!!! Every fan is noisy and every fan makes noise to a certain degree right? But after a while these seem to get slower in RPM/Rev's and also develop a intermittent cluncky noise. One plus point is they sound a little like an old noisy freezer. So must be my fishing bait, right? 😉

I did last night (which is what gave me thge idea about this very review) take the front covers off and yes I did catch my finger on obe blade! They are only plastic, so as long as they don't chew up any foliage we are all good. This ssemed to have relieved some of that noise and also makes things more breezy in the room. Plus I can clean the blades of dust and debry more easily. A bonus.

Only thing that will attract me to buy more again is the price. 12-16 UK pounds they seem to have ranged from.

I would give this little fan:
  • 9/10 for price
  • 6/10 for performance
On the whole I wouldn't rule these out completely. If something came along that was cheaper or the same price with better performance, I'll be straight in there.

Happy Growing Folks.

:dance:

:rock:

:thanks:

:bye:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
The Shanchez (Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:52 pm) • grownnotflown420 (Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

wutang
Known User

Re: 6" Clip on Fan RAM AIR

Post by wutang »

Agree man. They don't last long. Bearings are pants. Otherwise decent when they work. The lads have advised me to go for an eco fan which I will do once my amazon vouchers come in :)

Peace
Wu
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Guest (Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:29 am)

grownnotflown420

Post by grownnotflown420 »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:42 pm

I have used these fans since day one of being an indoor grower and I did buy another one to help get more air circulated around my beloved tent.

After using these for almost 2 years now, I will say one thing, Noise!!! Every fan is noisy and every fan makes noise to a certain degree right? But after a while these seem to get slower in RPM/Rev's and also develop a intermittent cluncky noise. One plus point is they sound a little like an old noisy freezer. So must be my fishing bait, right? 😉

I did last night (which is what gave me thge idea about this very review) take the front covers off and yes I did catch my finger on obe blade! They are only plastic, so as long as they don't chew up any foliage we are all good. This ssemed to have relieved some of that noise and also makes things more breezy in the room. Plus I can clean the blades of dust and debry more easily. A bonus.

Only thing that will attract me to buy more again is the price. 12-16 UK pounds they seem to have ranged from.

• 9/10 for price
  • 6/10 for performance
On the whole I wouldn't rule these out completely. If something came along that was cheaper or the same price with better performance, I'll be straight in there.

Happy Growing Folks.

hey man,

how long would you say they lest before performance degrades? Noise isn't an issue for me as the groom is fekin noisy anyway lol
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

Trex

Post by Trex »

story of my life these damn clip on fans .

I outright stopped buying em , if i put them on oscilkate they would last a month maybe two , if left in one position 3-4 months .

it wasnt rhino brand but some hardware store type . if they could just up the quality as they can be quite useful in tight areas .

Grapefruit Banner Pheno Finder Journal

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Post by Guest »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:57 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:42 pm

• 9/10 for price
  • 6/10 for performance

Happy Growing Folks.

hey man,

how long would you say they lest before performance degrades? Noise isn't an issue for me as the groom is fekin noisy anyway lol
A few months maybe. I've used mine for over a year now, continuously too.

They work, I would grumble if someone gave one out as a freebie. Thing is they're so bloody expensive these days just for a small clip on fan.

I have a big cyclone one but thats quite noisy. Just massive, 3 time she size of these.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
grownnotflown420 (Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:30 pm) • Trex (Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:56 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

wutang wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:50 pm
Agree man. They don't last long. Bearings are pants. Otherwise decent when they work. The lads have advised me to go for an eco fan which I will do once my amazon vouchers come in :)

Peace
Wu
wutang yh i just fooked one up was make a slight noise so opened it up no bearings just copper sleeves....LOL

think there cheaper at cpc electrical
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Guest (Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:11 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”