Cheapo Oil Heater

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
flip
Known User

Cheapo Oil Heater

Post by flip »

This review is for a super cheap (£20) oil heater from Screwfix I added to my groom as autumn set in.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/freestanding ... 500w/8833p

Despite its size, this thing packs out a fair bit of heat. I had it on at half power constantly, and it kept the tent at a comfortable 25oC (when combined with the heat produced by the lights).

Running costs appear relatively low as well. The whole groom (with the heater) was costing about £1 a day to run (estimated from how much the eleccy bill went up!)

Because I am in the loft, I feed the extract out under the duvets covering the tent, to provide some extra warmth and no just loose all the heat. This has worked really well.

The heater itself is relatively small in size, great for the 75x75cm tent I have. I point a fan at it to make the most of its potential and create some convection heat.

Overall, it has been reliable and totally fit for purpose, so for £20 an amazing piece of kit!
These users thanked the author flip for the post (total 3):
grownnotflown420 (Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:02 pm) • GMO (Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:37 pm) • uncleT (Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:41 pm)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

grownnotflown420

Re: Cheapo Oil Heater

Post by grownnotflown420 »

plug a smart plug with electricity monitoring in then you can get the exact electricity cost, if you're bothered that is. I have prepay electric so I'm more eager to keep an eye on usage

If you wanna be real specific you can plug every electrical item in your groom into a smart plug and work out costs for each item. This is what I do then have a raspberry pi pulling the data from all plugs and displaying it on a nice local web page for me.

I picked up 4 smart plugs for like £14 off amazon
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post (total 2):
uncleT (Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:41 pm) • wutang (Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:33 am)
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

Return to “Product reviews”