AC Infinity 4" with built in auto control

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews

AC Infinity 4" with built in auto control

Post by Guest »

I've had this quiet, economical and robust little fan for a few months now. I failed doing an unbox video on here despite filming it. Never the less I'm here to say the plus and minus. I thought id give it go, maybe I didn't research as much like i used to, but im always willing to give it a go.

I will say before a proceed, I would only ever buy one if I could connect it to a different program/control unit. Here's why and hopefully some people can point out where to get equivalents or manufacturers pick up opinions from users of their equipment, then improve for future use?

I set this up and after days leaving it on the auto setting I noticed at the prime temperature 🌡 and humidity 💧, the fan would turn off. I looked at various ways to program and trick the controller into running continuously but the only way I could find was to put it in alarm mode. This would run in a pre set humidity or temperature, of which you can pre set the fan speed from 1 to 10. Then when the temp/humidity went over the pre settings programmed by the user it would go straight to 10, going slowly through the settings.

It all works really well, its quiet, efficient and it well powerful enough for my needs. At full speed, its very quiet.

However, when it runs at full speed, i.e. goes over the pre set temp/humidity the alarm woild go off and all hell would let loose in the land of paranoia. I'd be wandering down to the shed, feeling like every neighbour is watching me! Then trying to figure out how to switch the alarm off. As we all know as growers, running our fans is important. So, I just took the decision to open up the unit and remove the pesky alarm, which now lays in my electronics odds and sods draw.

I suspect there is a way to turn it off but there was no button combination or setting i could find anywhere. But here I'm left with a product I've had to partly destroy to get it to work how I want it to.

It states it the instructions you can use an alarm function in different modes, which may mean you could eliminate the alarm sound. But I couldn't find a way.

Whichever way, either a sleaker programmed interface needed or more info on program and controls?

Happy with one half of the product, just not the controller.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:44 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Smelierjoint

Re: AC Infinity 4" with built in auto control

Post by Smelierjoint »

Cool little read that diy rik mate, I like the sound of the controller with alarm feature. Yea can see why that might get on your xixs a bit.
These users thanked the author Smelierjoint for the post:
Guest (Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:50 pm)
Sj.

Pass da duchi to dee left hand side :pass:

Re: AC Infinity 4" with built in auto control

Post by Guest »

Smelierjoint wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:47 pm
Cool little read that diy rik mate, I like the sound of the controller with alarm feature. Yea can see why that might get on your xixs a bit.
Cheers man, I'm trying to build on my writing a bit ✍ lol

Oh yeah it gets on your tits and it means that there is actually better and more accurate controllers out there, which is ashame as the actual fan unit is excellent.

Return to “Product reviews”