Omega metal halide lamps 600watt

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
bigbadbillybob
Known User

Omega metal halide lamps 600watt

Post by bigbadbillybob »

Heres me review on omega 600 watt metal halide lamps.
I have a box with many lamps in it, i buy them at about 6 at a time. I used to use the powerplant ones,sunmaster and lumatek ones, and ive also have some lumenlite cheapos. i bought some omega ones for a change a few grows back.

and the ill get straight to the point shall i?

Dont waste your money on these, they are shit shyte, crappola garbage.
i bought 4 of these 2 grows ago, and now have one left, which keeps going off every couple of hours, the other 3 are in the bin.

the issue is that they are cheaply made Chinese shit, with zero quality control. the main bulb, inside the lamp cracks, every time, hairline cracks but cracks none the less. this lets out the gas, which should be getting ignited by the electricity.

therefore it wont work, and it doesnt, and it goes in the bin, and you wish you had shelled out another few quid, instead of being a stingy twat buying the cheapest brand naame ones on fleabay, you dolt!!

The other ones listed above are far better, just dont but a bloody omega.
I should have known really, i bought 4 of thier ballasts, and sent 3 of them back within a week when they didnt work.

SO probably just best avoiding anything with OMega on it yeah??
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
Minty (Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:25 pm)

chronicthehemphog

Re: Omega metal halide lamps 600watt

Post by chronicthehemphog »

I've not had any issues with mine (up to now :idn: ) omega black digital ballast, omega black 600w MH and omega 600w Dual spec, only on first grow and can only compare to cheap Chinese blurple LEDs but it's all been spot on (only let down by the cheap euro reflector) reads above claimed lux through my meter and spectrum looks good on the app on my phone (not sure how accurate that is but it's all I've got to go off 🤷🏼‍♂️) just hope I've not jinxed myself now 🤦‍♂️😂
These users thanked the author chronicthehemphog for the post:
Minty (Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:26 pm)
A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better :Stoned:

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

Are you sure it isnt a LUmii black, i dont think omega do black ballasts, they are usually green.

thier metal halide lamps suck tho, im sure of that

chronicthehemphog

This is the kit I have, got the MH bulb separate and like I said thus far all has been spot on (well apart from the cheap reflector) but for under 70 notes I can't complain really :idn: just my personal experience but like I said I'm only 1 grow in and MH has only had 2 weeks at 18/6 and 2 weeks at 12/12 and rest of kit has had about 10 weeks so can't say about longevity but ballast is silent and adjustable (250w, 400w, 600w and "super lumens" 660w) both bulb's have performed above claims on the box's (only cheap lux meter and phone spectrum app so not sure on accuracy) but my widow seems to be enjoying it :idn: I'm not dismissing what you're saying but so far I'm impressed with mine (we shall see 🤷🏼‍♂️)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

Yeah, those are the same ballasts as i bought , which went tits up.........................time will tell, come back in a year and i will guarantee your metal halide has shit itself. ill be surprised if your ballast hasnt too to be honet
you said you are on your first grow, so its only 2 weeks old........

ive still got one of the omega ballasts left and its still working (been about a year), but one working out of 4 i bought is hardly a glowing recommendation and isnt good odds in my book..

if you're happy with your kit , then thats fine......me , i wouldnt touch any of thier stuff after my experiences of them.....

chronicthehemphog

Approx 10 weeks old, just done a review 👍
I really do hope that maybe from when you got yours to when I got mine they may have updated/ tweeked them a bit but time will tell, it seems really well built and solid 🤷🏼‍♂️ guess time will tell

Return to “Product reviews”