Liquid Oxygen Growth Technology Review

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
bigbadbillybob
Known User

Re: Liquid Oxygen Growth Technology Review

Post by bigbadbillybob »

oh aye, and the ph rises by auing airstones by remove the co2 from the water.i t depends on the carbonate hardness level of your source water too tho.

Aeration will not in itself cause high pH. Tap water often has excess CO2 in it that lowers the pH, aeration speeds up the process in which CO2 leaves the water and helps raise the pH to where it actually is. If your tank water has stayed at a consistent pH for a few days, aeration will not change the pH of your water.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post (total 4):
Nanook (Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:11 pm) • Grower88 (Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:34 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:55 am) • 2-Scoops (Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 pm)

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

I'm not gonna use H2o2 just yet I ain't quite gave up that easy lol

Iv now added in a powcan water pump 1500L/H to keep things moving instead of a stone hopefully I don't get that pond smell again

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

No expert but would like to add a couple of points that I have noticed since using H202.
  • H202 is good for prevention but is not as good as Pythoff at curing Root Rot (Pythium) at least from my experience.
  • H202 is not 'compatible' with all additives for example it will kill all the benefits of using CannaZym.
ON the plus side it is very cheap, it dissipates quickly, and it saved my last grow long enough for me to order the Pythoff.

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

Grower1988 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Iv now added in a powcan water pump 1500L/H to keep things moving instead of a stone hopefully I don't get that pond smell again

yes mate, this is what i would do too, unless you have bacteria or other issues.
even if you stick it on a cheap timer to come on for say 15 minutes every couple of hours, it will be fine.

And yeah, Minty is right the H2O2 will kill all the bacteria, its basically the same chemicals as used in bleach, so it will kill the beneficial bacteria, as well as the nasties, so is only really meant for a fully sterile system.

i dont use it, never have done, same with pythoff, because if your system is working right, and you have a chiller for full hydro, or your res temp is under 23/24 degrees, you shouldnt need it.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:22 am)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:16 am
Grower1988 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 pm

yes mate, this is what i would do too, unless you have bacteria or other issues.
even if you stick it on a cheap timer to come on for say 15 minutes every couple of hours, it will be fine.

And yeah, Minty is right the H2O2 will kill all the bacteria, its basically the same chemicals as used in bleach, so it will kill the beneficial bacteria, as well as the nasties, so is only really meant for a fully sterile system.

i dont use it, never have done, same with pythoff, because if your system is working right, and you have a chiller for full hydro, or your res temp is under 23/24 degrees, you shouldnt need it.
I use charge in my coco and dynamyco when I transplanted. If I added liquid oxygen to my res would it harm my plants or just kill the beneficial stuff ? I’ve found I get a little slime on my air line and limescale in my res so I’ve been told liquid oxygen would stop this and I really need my drip system set up as I’m flipping to flower today and it’s too hard hand feeding now. Thanks
These users thanked the author Gward20 for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:05 am)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

the ecothrive charge is an organic additive, so effectively the charge in your coco is beneficial bacteria.
if you add H2o2 to your res it will kill the beneficial bacteria, within the charge. therefore you would have been as well not using the charge at all.

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

Do you think it would be worth adding the liquid oxygen just so I can set the drip system up ? My plants are 5 weeks into veg and I only added charge when filling the pots, I haven’t added non since. I just don’t want to get slime and limescale in my res again.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

What strength is that @Nanook 17.5% ? Why i ask i have a liter of 12% hydrogen peroxide and im wondering dosage to use that at. Cheers mate. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Grower88 (Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:04 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nanook wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:46 pm
I use it more for cleaning tbh bulls than oxygen in coco. just fire some in every so often :D Why are you aerating coco water?
More added oxygen around the roots = quite possibly faster growing plants

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

2-Scoops wrote:What strength is that [mention]Nanook[/mention] 17.5% ? Why i ask i have a liter of 12% hydrogen peroxide and im wondering dosage to use that at. Cheers mate. :)
Sure it's 11 something suggest 1 ml so 0.5ml should be OK?

These users thanked the author Grower88 for the post:
2-Scoops (Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:01 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”