Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: 315 Watt Maxibright Daylight CDM Ballast

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:48 pm
I dunno capt, my CDM was cheap as chips - I have 9 :o
aye Japanese imports :lol: all im saying nanny they hype the bulbs up as if they gonna grow the most resin dripping weed ever seen to mankind..........where as infact they simply do not or they do not out perform standard HID ive seen it with my own eye balls and smoked the produce........ dont believe the hype its a load of bollox imo. :oik!: im old school my butty grows with them jumped on them like a wippet on a rape charge he did,., now he thinks differently. :lol: hes gone back to HID :idn:

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

apt personally I think you cant beat HPS DE floor area.... cost and efficiency tho I think led and cdm are well infront - as is plasma. The problem is you gram per square meter - you wont beat hps
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

a box of swan vestas + a pie tray bach is all thats needed :lol: a simply HID will do is all im getting at to get a chuff. :oik!:

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Okay guys nice discussion here but let me say something too..
Ballasts run slightly cooler than nornal digi 600 ballasts. I say that from running two of the ballast next to each other.
Something else very important. A single cdm light can't be compared to a 600w light BUT will produce better than 400w. Also CDM lights are always better when u have a few running. For example 3 of these lights are perfect coverage for my 2x1 m tent. If i was to run hps in there...2 x 600 will be waste. I won't even mentioned running 3 x 400w or 250w as it will hot as hell.
Mine never switched off in the summer too. Also my buds were almost touching the light ans had no light burn ot anything.

My conclusion is old time growers will always say hps for the win cause of results and cost but if you ever work with a few of these and see better final product and better cost in the long term you will make up your mind. I am truly impressed by the lights. But ad I like to experinment and from what I've heard these lights produce extraordinary results if mixed with hps so I'd do that next. Two of these CDMs on a side of a 600w hps in the middle.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Very fair review bulls, thank you :)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Bulls wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm
Okay guys nice discussion here but let me say something too..
Ballasts run slightly cooler than nornal digi 600 ballasts. I say that from running two of the ballast next to each other.
Something else very important. A single cdm light can't be compared to a 600w light BUT will produce better than 400w. Also CDM lights are always better when u have a few running. For example 3 of these lights are perfect coverage for my 2x1 m tent. If i was to run hps in there...2 x 600 will be waste. I won't even mentioned running 3 x 400w or 250w as it will hot as hell.
Mine never switched off in the summer too. Also my buds were almost touching the light ans had no light burn ot anything.

My conclusion is old time growers will always say hps for the win cause of results and cost but if you ever work with a few of these and see better final product and better cost in the long term you will make up your mind. I am truly impressed by the lights. But ad I like to experinment and from what I've heard these lights produce extraordinary results if mixed with hps so I'd do that next. Two of these CDMs on a side of a 600w hps in the middle.
aye nice post bach........... i heard mixing HID + LED was the real deal....... :lol: it made no difference to me infact before long i`ll be slinging another HID in the chamber + use the led for veg + rooting cuts. :idn: horses for courses bach ennit. :puff puff:

Smokey

Re: 315 Watt Maxibright Daylight CDM Ballast Review

Post by Smokey »

Great thread very interesting indeed

Cheers guys
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Return to “Product reviews”