Green Hand Organic Soluble Fulvic Acid - Foliar Application

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I'm going to playing with a few Green Hand Organic products in coco. I will document them as I go in topics like this one. After talking to @GHO in detail about some products I realized it's easy to see a label and think that product is better suited to a certain style of growing, in this instance soluble fulvic acid. Being in coco I need to supplement certain things along the way. After a read of the description of this product, it looks like it could do a number of things that could be beneficial for my coco growing. It's easy to get stuck in our ways.

A quick look at what makes up this product:

Fulvic Acid concentration 70%
Total Nitrogen (N) (as organic) 2.5%
Total Phosphorus (P) (water-soluble) 0.1%
Total Potassium (K) (as organic) 6.9%
Sulfur (S) 3.9%
Magnesium (Mg) 1.8%
Calcium (Ca) 1.0%

At a glance, this could supplement a number of things that can only help my plants along the way. I will be using this topic to do a ongoing test with this product. @GHO was kind enough to send me 200g of this stuff. At 0.5ml per liter, it's going to go a long way.

For this first bro-science experiment I'm literally going to foliar feed the plants and watch what happens. I'll take pictures of before and after. The product increases nutrient uptake. Growing under LED im feeding more Canna Coco A and B base nutrients than I would under HPS. I've got 6 cloned plants under a very powerful grow light. I've been riding the boundary between light stress and not. I want to see if these plants will indeed make use of the high levels of base nutrients I'm using currently and make them more available to the plants. The calcium and magnesium content of the product may also mean I do not need to supplement these 2 plants compared to the other 4 next to them. I dislike having to add the cal-mag products available to coco growers so this could be another benefit to the experiment.

To start this I've mixed 1g into water as I don't have scales that go below 1g. I've mixed thoroughly and will allow to sit. I will add this in an hour to 2 liters of water which will go into a spray bottle I've got. I'll give 2 plants a good foliar feed, take pictures before and see what happens.

The soluble fulvic acid from Green Hanf Organic can be found here for further reading - https://www.greenhandorganic.com/buy-no ... ulvic-acid
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 7):
FX (Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:29 pm) • Sage (Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:15 pm) • Guest (Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:13 am) • MrNice (Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:56 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:42 pm) • chillbert42 (Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:39 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:06 pm)

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
IMO
Known User

Re: Green Hand Organic Soluble Fulvic Acid - Foliar Application

Post by IMO »

Hmm interesting I think I have been having a nutrient uptake problem or a lack of calmag caused by the increased metabolism brought on by leds
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:55 pm) • chillbert42 (Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:39 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

IMO wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:54 pm
Hmm interesting I think I have been having a nutrient uptake problem or a lack of calmag caused by the increased metabolism brought on by leds
Its a different way of growing with LED and a learning curve. The LED lights are far better in every way than HID in my opinion. Having a few extra tools on our belts to make the most of the LED's can only be beneficial. My issue was that I've been looking at organics as organics, coco as coco, hydro as hydro if that makes sense. I didn't think to look at other products that could do the jobs I've been doing with purely coco or hydro-based things. My eyes have been well and truly opened after a couple of conversations with @GHO. Ill be playing with a number of products in the near future for this reason.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
IMO (Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:47 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I have marked out half the scrog that's under the 720w custom light. The space inbetween the 2 yellow and green wired is the part getting treated.

Above is a picture of both sides of the scrog that's under the 720w light.

I'll update in a day or 2 to see if there is any difference.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
chillbert42 (Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:39 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:08 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

A truly great product is fulvic acid. So is it for sale and how much ?
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:34 pm) • chillbert42 (Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:39 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:27 pm
https://www.greenhandorganic.com/buy-no ... ulvic-acid

£11.49 plus shipping for 200g, can get bigger amounts. Its a dilution of 0.5g per liter so goes a long way. @GHO said id not need more than a liter for everything up in the loft so it doesn't need a heavy foliar either.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:44 pm) • FX (Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:31 pm) • Guest (Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:14 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Keeno wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:36 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:27 pm
https://www.greenhandorganic.com/buy-no ... ulvic-acid

£11.49 plus shipping for 200g, can get bigger amounts. Its a dilution of 0.5g per liter so goes a long way. @GHO said id not need more than a liter for everything up in the loft so it doesn't need a heavy foliar either.
Yes I've just looked thanks m8. Tbh i can`t be arsed mixing it, call me a lazy git i really am. I know its more bang for your buck if your buying the dry ferts, additives etc etc . In all honesty your just paying for extra water in the pre-mixed stuff and bottle. Maybe I'm barmy cus i know all that yet I'm more interested in the pre-mixed 1ltr of fulvic. Think i will sling in an order next week for a liter of the stuff which looks fairly priced in itself.

Then again how many liters does the dry mix of 200g fulvic acid make @GHO to a similar ratio as the pre mixed bottle. At end of shift i must barmy dismissing the dry mix cus i know it should or prolly will go much further than the pre-mixed bottle used at similar mix ratio ? Cheers bud :thanks:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:06 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I'm the same tbh @2-Scoops. Convenience and easy, I think us coco growers are all a bit like it tbh :lol:. But after talking to @GHO I realized as you say, I'm paying through the nose for the bottled stuff. I'm hopeful if used right this stuff will replace my need for Epsom salts and cal-mag, could be wrong but reading a bit it's doing the same thing with more goodies in it. I'm paying £7-£15 for 500ml to 1l of bottled stuff with a few goodies in it. I'm not sure about the dilution rate of the bottled fulvic from gho but the powder will make up 400 liters for the same price as what I'm paying for 500ml to 1 liter. It's opening my eyes a bit tbh, I want to play with a few products from him, used in the described method and also in other ways. I'm racking my brains for things we do in coco and hydro and looking at ways to change what we use from these overpriced flashy bottles to alternatives.

The stuff was easy to mix, I put it in a small jug, bit of water, mixed for 10 seconds, left it sat for an hour, 10-second mix and put it into a spray bottle, jobs a goodun.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:34 pm) • Guest (Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:14 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:33 pm
Keeno wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:06 pm
I'm the same tbh @2-Scoops. Convenience and easy, I think us coco growers are all a bit like it tbh :lol:. But after talking to @GHO I realized as you say, I'm paying through the nose for the bottled stuff. I'm hopeful if used right this stuff will replace my need for Epsom salts and cal-mag, could be wrong but reading a bit it's doing the same thing with more goodies in it. I'm paying £7-£15 for 500ml to 1l of bottled stuff with a few goodies in it. I'm not sure about the dilution rate of the bottled fulvic from gho but the powder will make up 400 liters for the same price as what I'm paying for 500ml to 1 liter. It's opening my eyes a bit tbh, I want to play with a few products from him, used in the described method and also in other ways. I'm racking my brains for things we do in coco and hydro and looking at ways to change what we use from these overpriced flashy bottles to alternatives.

The stuff was easy to mix, I put it in a small jug, bit of water, mixed for 10 seconds, left it sat for an hour, 10-second mix and put it into a spray bottle, jobs a goodun.
Yes I'm a big fan of fulvic acid but the pre-mixed stuff that i used got a bit pricey per liter for my likings so i ditched it, but am a big fan of this stuff especially with hydroponic growing more so humic acid for dirt growing, not that you can`t use in either but tis how i see it.

:thanks:
It's mixed at 0.5g per liter. 200g pack makes 400l. For any similar product bottles, you are looking at an average of £10 per liter no matter what it is, probably a lot more unless buying 5-10 liter a time. And none of us are buying that sort of amount.

So £10 a liter of bottled x 400 liters... £4000. Mad right?
The powder makes the same amount for £12ish.

I'm just testing but looking at the numbers I'm almost angry at myself for buying some of the stuff I have been.
So at what ratio do you mix this dry fulvic with water too and then how much of that do you add per liter ?
I literally added 1g to 2 liters as I don't have scales that go below 1g. I first put the 1g into a small jug, didn't measure the water as it's just to dissolve the powder. Mixed, left to sit for an hour, mixed again, and added water to the desired amount. Piece of piss tbh.

Im going through my endless bottles of shit today, looking at labels to see what's in there, and looking for powder alternatives.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:46 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Keeno wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Yes I'm a big fan of fulvic acid but the pre-mixed stuff that i used got a bit pricey per liter for my likings so i ditched it, but am a big fan of this stuff especially with hydroponic growing.

So i see the mix ratio of the dry stuff is 5gram (1 level T-spoon) per liter, so to my reckoning the 200gram dry mix should be enough for 5 into 200 is 40 so that should make 40 liters not 400 or is my math way out here ?

The bottled stuff 1000ml used at 5ml per liter should make you 200 liter of mix. Has my math gone crazy am i tripping or not here @Keeno ? I'm just not sure on strength difference between the dry and wet stuff.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:07 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”