food dehydrators, anyone use for weed?

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
duke
Respected Member

food dehydrators, anyone use for weed?

Post by duke »

hi all i been using this type of thing a cheap old food dehydrator for drying the portion of my harvest that is used for oil rather than smoking due to growing in drobes ive limited air drying space at correct temp and rh for drying as they always full of growing plants! and rather than have lots of slow drying leaves hanging about pop the lot in the dehydrator set to 45c and overnight its dried to around 10% moisture content perfect for extraction methods,
well since then ive dried and smoked a few early buds and tbh with pracrice ive cut and dried within 24hrs a better than any street weed quality i could find i just stole 6 medium buds from my tangie scrog chopped them up and in the dehydrator and by tommorow 8am a bit will be in my pipe!
dont get me wrong im patient in life but only if i have weed,that bit i been working on getting more patient at for 40 odd years,still not got there yet!
does anyone use this thing for dog treats? yes me inbetween drying weed!peace :bye:
also if i can do it and make it smokable why cant the dealers? theirs is shite here and often mouldy,yuck! :sick: :i agree: :barmy:
like this one,cheap as chips! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193916604374 ... SwnclfrhTh
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 3):
Marcus (Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:14 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:33 pm) • Greenfingers (Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:35 am)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: food dehydrators, anyone use for weed?

Post by Marcus »

Hi Duke...

Yes and no.

I have one of these...https://www.sousvidetools.com/food-dehy ... dehydrator

I have used it in the process of fermenting my dope, or 'cob curing' ... viewtopic.php?f=89&t=13702
I pop the cobs in there for an hour or two every now and again to slow the fermenting process, saves me leaving the things overnight and stinking up the house.

Not tried it on fresh dope yet, BUT... The way it seals the flavour into the cobs, I;m going to try and dry a zip fast and hard next time I harvest using the dehydrator. I really think it will work. Fast dry and vacuum seal it, straight in the fridge. :idn: I need to try it.

Will I lose terps??? DUnno, but I shall sacrifice a zip to the gods of experimenting. (I shall also be cob curing more dope... It's just so nice.)

Makes good beef jerky, the dog loved it but we lost the little fucker a couple of months ago, so I only use it for drying mushrooms at the moment.

Kiwi fruit and fresh pineapple are fantastic snacks in there too. The wife likes small tomatoes dried in there and then smothered in olive oil in one of my used and empty dope jars. :oik!:

:bye:

:dance:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:37 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

duke wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:01 pm
hi all i been using this type of thing a cheap old food dehydrator for drying the portion of my harvest that is used for oil rather than smoking due to growing in drobes ive limited air drying space at correct temp and rh for drying as they always full of growing plants! and rather than have lots of slow drying leaves hanging about pop the lot in the dehydrator set to 45c and overnight its dried to around 10% moisture content perfect for extraction methods,
well since then ive dried and smoked a few early buds and tbh with pracrice ive cut and dried within 24hrs a better than any street weed quality i could find i just stole 6 medium buds from my tangie scrog chopped them up and in the dehydrator and by tommorow 8am a bit will be in my pipe!
dont get me wrong im patient in life but only if i have weed,that bit i been working on getting more patient at for 40 odd years,still not got there yet!
does anyone use this thing for dog treats? yes me inbetween drying weed!peace :bye:
also if i can do it and make it smokable why cant the dealers?theres is shite here and often mouldy,yuck! :sick: :i agree: :barmy:
like this one,cheap as chips! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193916604374 ... SwnclfrhTh
duke i been growing a few yrs as ewe know..... to date ive found no better method of drying dope than laying it all out on trays / tubs about 2 inchs thick / 4 inchs.... and i poke it wit a stick daily toss the flowers about a bit like....room temp no fans just the dope gassing away like marlon brando`s armpits in appolcallypse now see.... that way all tha chlorophyl disappears bang tidy......... my dope takes at least 12 days before its puffable !!! i like to gass my dope off tho ? :idn: give our love to tina bach. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
duke (Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:46 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:13 pm
Hi Duke...

Yes and no.

I have one of these...https://www.sousvidetools.com/food-dehy ... dehydrator

I have used it in the process of fermenting my dope, or 'cob curing' ... viewtopic.php?f=89&t=13702
I pop the cobs in there for an hour or two every now and again to slow the fermenting process, saves me leaving the things overnight and stinking up the house.

Not tried it on fresh dope yet, BUT... The way it seals the flavour into the cobs, I;m going to try and dry a zip fast and hard next time I harvest using the dehydrator. I really think it will work. Fast dry and vacuum seal it, straight in the fridge. :idn: I need to try it.

Will I lose terps??? DUnno, but I shall sacrifice a zip to the gods of experimenting. (I shall also be cob curing more dope... It's just so nice.)

Makes good beef jerky, the dog loved it but we lost the little fucker a couple of months ago, so I only use it for drying mushrooms at the moment.

Kiwi fruit and fresh pineapple are fantastic snacks in there too. The wife likes small tomatoes dried in there and then smothered in olive oil in one of my used and empty dope jars. :oik!:
hi marcus i honestly only tried it out of desperation one really bad day and was very surprised,not the first time because i went to bed and forgot all about it for far to long,had temp to high etc ,
but after experimenting i found something strange and maybe not new to some but all new to me,dry at the setting 25c for 12 hours then switch of the dryer for the day and turn it on again overnight at 45c and by morning its just about spot on dry for toking and has very little hay/chloro taste,def less than the aforementioned dealer weed ive never seen such green wet vegatation offered for sale with a straight face :fight:
im still fussy about my weed i suppose and as you know theres nothing quite like your own aye?
let us know how you get on with the dryer,i love mine and so do the mutts any leftover bits of meat dry into treats which keep ages if they dont find them....cheers :barmy:
:bye:

:dance:
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Marcus (Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:45 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm
duke wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:01 pm
also if i can do it and make it smokable why cant the dealers?theres is shite here and often mouldy,yuck! :sick: :i agree: :barmy:
duke i been growing a few yrs as ewe know..... to date ive found no better method of drying dope than laying it all out on trays / tubs about 2 inchs thick / 4 inchs.... and i poke it wit a stick daily toss the flowers about a bit like....room temp no fans just the dope gassing away like marlon brando`s armpits in appolcallypse now see.... that way all tha chlorophyl disappears bang tidy......... my dope takes at least 12 days before its puffable !!! i like to gass my dope off tho ? :idn: give our love to tina bach. :oik!:
hi capt yes i used to have a simple set of racks when i had me big pair of sheds going but the drobes leave little room and i cannot dry anywhere but in the drobes or out in my sunroom in the back garden because of close nosey types around here :ak:
but i tell you the dryer is a godsend for anyone making a lot of medicinal oil like me saves room for hanging my smoking weed in drobes then see,so many carbon filters running its a killer all for something we should not have to hide! :bang head:
anyhow thanks and happy birthday again,i think i said that a few times over the years capt! :bye:
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Captain Beefheart (Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:56 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

fair cvomment duke if its a goer great.... i pferfer the tossing of the dope slower dried for pipeing see....but making oil duke i`d not bother drying the produce i`d wash it fresh imho...that way your getting pure raw THC/CBD/CBN..... tbh if i was making oil i`d not dry my canna !!! uncle dewi told me this in 1980. :idn: im not the oil man but surely fresh living glands are better than dried ones....for medicenal dope. :idn:
duke (Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:00 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:56 pm
fair cvomment duke if its a goer great.... i pferfer the tossing of the dope slower dried for pipeing see....but making oil duke i`d not bother drying the produce i`d wash it fresh imho...that way your getting pure raw THC/CBD/CBN..... tbh if i was making oil i`d not dry my canna !!! uncle dewi told me this in 1980. :idn: im not the oil man but surely fresh living glands are better than dried ones....for medicenal dope. :idn:
hi capt there are ailments where folk use the stuff wet straight of the stem but for our needs and the solvents are not suited to wet extractions or you end up with a right milky starchy mess,ask me how i know? an expensive lesson ended up making fudge out of it which tina named "slurmgoo" tasted fecking awful!!!!!!!!
but yes only 10% moisture needed or there abouts for the best extraction :naughty: strength and smoothly smokable as well,peace

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Duke bach I'm fully with ewe....but I washed my fresh trim last hash run and it made me a few of the cleanest temple balls to date...where as when I dry the flower then wash it...it comes out with a less sticky + a dryer hash....tbh I rather the fresh washed stuff as its full of terps this grow ill wash all materials fresh.ImageImageImage

great googly moogly!

duke (Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:46 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

hi capt for getting stoned they look perfect! i miss the freedom of only growing for smoking sometimes but have found the tangerine dream 2014 pheno makes both excellent smoke and medical cannabis oil as clean and pure almost completely see through and has just the right density at room temp for making salves ointments and potions,tina loves my skin cream says its better than any branded stuff :clap:
id love to sit and get stoned with you one day,mmmmm.enjoy your balls! :i agree:

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Salutations,

Black & Decker (Toshiba) AC028A2CA combo oven with "Air Fry" can go as low as 40.6 °C (105 °F) for 90 minutes:

{ Please DELETE external image link if judged as misplaced/SPAM }

How does this sound??

Good day, have fun!! Image
These users thanked the author Egzoset for the post:
duke (Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:24 pm)
Vaporist of Borg.

Return to “Product reviews”