food dehydrators, anyone use for weed?

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Re: food dehydrators, anyone use for weed?

Post by JJ »

Nope here ,cobb also, low temps for ferment

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

I'll be following this. Have looked at the herbs now dryer which tbh looks like a food dehydrator with different stickers.

If it works for a quick fix in-between harvest when sort I will be looking for a dehydrator
These users thanked the author Point 5 for the post:
duke (Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:52 am)
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

The herbs now machine is supposed to work at much lower temps and cycle clockwise and counter. Don't take that as an endorsement it's just what I've read up on them. They also had some manufacturing issue or shipping issue 10 12 months back not sure what that was about.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
duke (Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:50 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

sageridder wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 am
The herbs now machine is supposed to work at much lower temps and cycle clockwise and counter. Don't take that as an endorsement it's just what I've read up on them. They also had some manufacturing issue or shipping issue 10 12 months back not sure what that was about.
I spoke with them about when if ever they would be selling in the UK. Apparently there's a power supply issue Iver here and they were dealing with supply issues too.

I've seen Pete use them amd they seem to rate it but not sure if these people were sent one free to show off?
These users thanked the author Point 5 for the post:

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Salutations,
Point 5 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:00 am
...power supply issue...
It's strictly coïncidental but i happen to have been reminded about assymetric failure modes in 3-Phase systems recently, which resulted in measuring only 66.5 Volts AC on power outlets that remained part-functional after the local power-distribution network went defective. Apparently, there are electric motorized machines that burn-out during similar events, the remedy being to turn it OFF to prevent further risks of damage... That means ratings (especially those of inductive devices) can matter significantly more than consumers are likely to expect; the motors would have over-heated from an under-voltage power supply if put to use.

To make it brief, better rely on power supplies capable of total self-extinction once an under-voltage condition is detected!

As for ordinary single-phase systems for which the appliances are usually rated, there's simply no light at all to begin with while a lot more than the available 66.5 Vac of a failing 3-Phase system would require anyway (100~240).

Relatively little energy is involved in low-temperature drying and i recall kitchen stoves may still have their display active when part of a larger 3-Phase system goes down, though my advice remains to avoid using it. My point being that perhaps power users should keep it in mind when installing expensive material: e.g. think of failure modes right at the conceptual stage!

Good day, have fun!! Image
These users thanked the author Egzoset for the post:
Vaporist of Borg.

Return to “Product reviews”