Oscillating fans

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
ncrypta.core
Known User

Oscillating fans

Post by ncrypta.core »

Hey guy,

I’m probably posting in wrong section if so sorry. I’ve just checked my grow and noticed the Oscillating fan stop working so had to find a temporary solution and used an over sized fan, my thought is would anyone recommend a brand I should go for when picking a new clip on fan I’m in a 75x75 so can’t have to big btw.

Thanks in advance
NC
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:19 pm) • Keeno (Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 am)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: Oscillating fans

Post by Captain Beefheart »

1 x 6 inch clip on would do ewe in that space bach. £10 on ebay. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
ncrypta.core (Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:17 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I'd grab one of these and either hang from the roof or tilt it on the floor ... either way point it at the wall/floor/roof and you'll have some nice airflow going on.

https://www.hydroponics-hydroponics.com ... p762/s4607?
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
ncrypta.core (Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:44 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Be careful with clip on fans, not all clip on fans have the clip facing the correct way.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
ncrypta.core (Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:45 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Marcus wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:17 pm
I'd grab one of these and either hang from the roof or tilt it on the floor ... either way point it at the wall/floor/roof and you'll have some nice airflow going on.

How loud are they, mate?

I am looking for a new fan. I need one that can give good airflow, but needs to be quiet. I've looked at tower fans - but they take up floor space. I've looked at clip on fans, but either too small or too large - and expensive.

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:53 pm
Marcus wrote:

How loud are they, mate?

I am looking for a new fan. I need one that can give good airflow, but needs to be quiet. I've looked at tower fans - but they take up floor space. I've looked at clip on fans, but either too small or too large - and expensive.
It's not too loud, when it was alive, I could hear it gently whirring away in the next room at night but no cause to keep me awake. The front spins and that's where most of the noise comes from, but I took my front off mine and slung it in the bin.

Lasted a couple of years only got slung 3 weeks ago when I managed to book a slot at the local tip.

I know a few on here use them. Mine was a maxifan ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAXIFAN-FLOO ... 3171418176

Probably all made in the same factory and just go to a different sticker sticker and box packer in their final moments.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:12 pm) • ncrypta.core (Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:46 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Marcus wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:04 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Marcus wrote:

How loud are they, mate?

It's not too loud, when it was alive, I could hear it gently whirring away in the next room at night but no cause to keep me awake. The front spins and that's where most of the noise comes from, but I took my front off mine and slung it in the bin.

Lasted a couple of years only got slung 3 weeks ago when I managed to book a slot at the local tip.

I know a few on here use them. Mine was a maxifan ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAXIFAN-FLOO ... 3171418176

Probably all made in the same factory and just go to a different sticker sticker and box packer in their final moments.
Thanks, mate.

The one I am using atm looks a bit like these...
Image but the style is different. It takes too much space on the ground and is too noisy if I don't use a variac, and not strong enough if I do use one. Also, if any of the fan touches the metal poles of the tent, then you can hear it downstairs (and probably next door too.)

Also, as it's on the floor, it more than likely is cooling the roots more than anything else. My tent is in my bedroom - right next to my neighbour's wall.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Marcus (Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:13 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:12 pm
Marcus wrote:
The Aspie Toker wrote:

How loud are they, mate?

Thanks, mate.

Image but the style is different. It takes too much space on the ground and is too noisy if I don't use a variac, and not strong enough if I do use one. Also, if any of the fan touches the metal poles of the tent, then you can hear it downstairs (and probably next door too.)

Also, as it's on the floor, it more than likely is cooling the roots more than anything else. My tent is in my bedroom - right next to my neighbour's wall.
I had mine hung from a ratchet hook just away from the wall and inbetween my plants and CMH. I've also run it on the floor, but I still needed a ratchet hook to keep it upright, it can full over on a squidgy tent floor on carpet. As can I. :oik!:

Buy one and if it's no good I shall buy it off you as I need a new one. :bye:

I'm so confident you'll like it. The front spins like some voodoo majick.

No psyence, it's all majick!

:dance:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:27 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Marcus wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:17 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:12 pm
Marcus wrote:

Thanks, mate.

I had mine hung from a ratchet hook just away from the wall and inbetween my plants and CMH. I've also run it on the floor, but I still needed a ratchet hook to keep it upright, it can full over on a squidgy tent floor on carpet. As can I. :oik!:

Buy one and if it's no good I shall buy it off you as I need a new one. :bye:

I'm so confident you'll like it. The front spins like some voodoo majick.

No psyence, it's all majick!

:dance:
My tent is short on space. The CF takes up room - which also affects the light as I cannot get the light past it.
There's little room on the other side of the tent - which is against a wardrobe - so more chance of contact which will mean more noise.

Most fans I've looked at don't seem to have a hook or handle to attach to so you can have it hanging. I have weeks to decide as my tent is coming down soon and won't be growing until next month.

I've also looked at the Monkey fans, but I've seen bad reviews - as well as good - so undecided about them.

Return to “Product reviews”