Norseman’s Review on the Mighty from Storz & Bickel

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Norseman
Known User

Norseman’s Review on the Mighty from Storz & Bickel

Post by Norseman »

I received the Mighty free of charge directly from Storz & Bickel  for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

The Mighty
It is made by Storz & Bickel and most people know about this company thanks to the Volcano Vaporizer which is a desktop unit that from what i have heard delivers big time on flavor and good vapor besides from a nice experience.

This time around it is all about The Mighty, one of their pocket sized vaporizers. Pocket sized is maybe not exactly true since it is a big bulky device that measures 140 mm x 80 mm x 30 mm.

It is made out of medical grade plastic and it has these cooling fins integrated in the design to help keeping it cooler to hold and from my experience it is really working good since I never got it so hot that it got uncomfortable. It is designed to be used with dry herb and concentrates.

It has a lot of competitors on the market but I am not sure if any of them actually can measure up to the standard of the Mighty to be honest. It is a powerful device that is really simple to operate. It got an LCD screen that shows the temp in either Fahrenheit or Celsius depending on your preferences.

The standard factory temp setting is 180°C or 356°F and it has a booster temp at 195!C or 383°F. The temp is however possible to set between 40°C - 210°C or 104°F - 410°F. You adjust the temperature with the + or - buttons to a preferred temp. To switch between C and F you simultaneously tap the plus and the minus button to do the change.

The boost setting increases the temp with 15°C or 27°F regardless if you have the temp set at 140°C or higher. And to use the boost function you just press the fire button twice quickly and on goes the boost. On the display you will see two sets of temps, the upper one shows the actual temp and the lower shows the desired one.
On the screen you can also see the battery status. When it reaches the set temp it does vibrate twice to let you know that it is ready to use.

To get the mighty powered up you just need to push the orange button for approximately half a second or so and then it is operational. This device doesn’t come with all kinds of nifty add-ons. The most nifty one is being able to change between C and F and to change the temp settings and the boost of course. Besides that there isn’t much else to talk about.

On top of the device you find the so called cooling unit and on that you have the mouth piece. The mouth piece can be swiveled so when it is in use you got it upwards and when not in use it sits directly above the cooling unit. Beside it you have a locking function for the cooling unit and when you pull it to the side you can detach the cooling unit and get access to the filling chamber.

The filling chamber is made out of steel and it is where you place your dry herb or the dosing capsules this device comes with. It is also possible to use the Mighty with liquid such as oil and other concentrates. Once you filled the chamber with your preferred stuff you just put the cooling unit back onto the mod and start it up and let it heat up to your desired temp.

You can also use the dosing capsules with liquid and concentrates but in those cases you need to use a liquid pad that you place within the capsule, you add the concentrate and close the capsule and drop it into the chamber and put the cooling unit back on and you are ready to start vaping your favorite concentrate.

If you are using the Mighty with dry herb you need to make sure to grind it up real good, that way it is easier to pack the herb and it also make the heat up of the herb more even and the end result will become much better.

It uses two intern high performing Lithium Ion batteries that you unfortunately can’t change out yourself and in the case that the batteries need to be changed you need to send the Mighty back to Storz.& Bickel for the replacement. Even with the batteries fully drained you can use your device thanks to pass through charging that allows you to continue to use it without having to interrupt your session and wait for the batteries to get fully charged again.

Since it is possible to take everything apart it is a breeze to clean the Mighty. You just take everything apart and put the parts in some Isopropanol and let it dissolve the dirt from the parts and you rinse them in some fresh water and let them dry up and everything is in perfect working order again. The brush that it comes with is also perfect to use to get around here and there when you clean it. When you clean it be aware of taking the O-rings off the parts you soak in Isopropanol or they will dry out and break.

The mighty does also come with a lot of extras such as the grinder, the dosing capsule unit that holds 8 dosing capsules and it can also be used to fill the capsules in an easy way, extra screens, a cleaning brush and of course some spare O-rings.

I must say that I have enjoyed the time I have had with the Mighty. It has performed extremely good without any issues what so ever and the flavor I have gotten out of it is really good. You can actually taste the weed and the vapor production is also good.

If I should complain about something it gotta be its size. For a pocket sized vaporizer it is on the big side and the fact that it can’t stand alone is another thing that I find somewhat annoying. The last thing is the price that I find to be a bit steep to be honest.

Assessment
Despite its size and its high price I must say that it is a highly competent device that I have enjoyed a lot and I know I will continue to do so. It is real easy to use and changing any settings is a walk in the park. The flavor and the vapor production is also really good and something I have enjoyed tremendously.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you don’t mind shelling out around $350 for a dry herb vaporizer I will definitely say go for it. You won’t be disappointed.

Pros
Build quality
Good flavor
Good vapor production
A lot of extras in the package
Easy to load
Smooth airflow
Dosing capsules
Ease of use
Pass through charging

Cons
Not really pocket friendly due to its size
That it can’t stand alone
$350 is a bit high

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: Total height is 33 mm
Colors: Black

Package includes
1 x Mighty Vaporizer
1 x Power Adapter
3 x Spare Screens
1 x Drip Pad
1 x Filling Aid
1 x Plastic Grinder 59 mm
1 x Magazine with 8 Dosing Capsules
1 x Cleaning Brush
Spare O-rings
Manual

You will find it here
The Mighty

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram
These users thanked the author Norseman for the post (total 2):
The Irishman (Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:29 pm) • anova.330 (Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:44 pm)
In the Silence lies the Power

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
The Irishman
Known User

Re: Norseman’s Review on the Mighty from Storz & Bickel

Post by The Irishman »

I've had mine for a while now, smashing wee device and love mine. However I find myself choosing the bong over the mighty quite a bit. Feel the airflow is a little restricted for my liking, feel like your sucking a snooker ball through a straw at times lol if I could get the same hit I get from the bong of the mighty id choose the mighty all day long. Its a way nicer cleaner hit it just doesn't have that thump behind it for me unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author The Irishman for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:44 pm) • Norseman (Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:49 pm)

Norseman
Known User

Post by Norseman »

Thanks for your input.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

nice one Norseman you ever get like a metalic taste when using vaporizers....?

think it must be the pot that heats up giving off the metalic taste
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Norseman (Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 pm)

Norseman
Known User

Post by Norseman »

Thanks @Mr Nice As of yet i can't say that i ever gotten a metallic taste when i have used vaporizers. Maybe you are vaping your weed to hot or something.
These users thanked the author Norseman for the post:
MrNice (Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:41 pm)

Norseman
Known User

Post by Norseman »

Sorry if I'm a little cheeky and bumping up this thread :Stoned:

Greenthirteen

Post by Greenthirteen »

I loved mine. I don’t use it much now but it helped me quit cigarettes after 30 years so love!
These users thanked the author Greenthirteen for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:24 pm) • Norseman (Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:17 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”