Terra Aquatica Tri-Part base feed

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Terra Aquatica Tri-Part base feed

Post by seymore_budz »

So if you have been reading my posts or chatting here you'll probably know I'm a snake oil slut. I'll try anything that says it will make my buds bigger :lol: (not true)

Over the years I've used a lot of nutrient brands. Canna, Vitalink, ATAMI, cellmax, Plagron, Advanced Nutrients, BioBizz, Plant Magic, Ferro, Growth Technology.. The list goes on and not one I've had a real bad experience with. Well, a bottle of cellmax exploded in the heat of the lamps and covered my entire grow in shit smelling brown sludge but that's user error :) Some work with my municipal water a little better than others but all grow a decent plant.

About 18 months ago I decided to go full RO. The trouble with RO water is it's too clean and many nutrient lines just don't have enough macros (including Calcium) to sustain healthy growth. For that reason, it's always a little battle to keep things green and I have had to add CalMag to plug the deficit.

Some have been better than others but all and I mean ALL have had to have a little CalMag to keep things healthy. Ferro has been specifically designed to work with RO water but the variety I was growing at the time under LED required a smidge of CalMag.

I also flip growing techniques a lot. I jump from batmix for mother's to Coco and hydro when it suits. Previous l've had to buy specific blends to match the growing media and style. Not anymore :)

While shopping about I came across Terra Aquatica Tri-Part. It's a three part base feed for all media types. all you do is adjust the ratios slightly to match and you're golden. What also turned me on to them is they were adamant that their soft water micro blend would not need CalMag with RO. I'd heard enough and had to try some so grabbed a litre.

I've been running it for only about a month but WOW!! It really does what it says on the tin. I've not have to give any of my plants CalMag and everything is very happy to be alive. I'm super impressed with this stuff. The change was almost instant. Plants that lacked a little vigor and were showing signs of Mg Def greened up in a few days.

Also, an observation of mine was anything short of Mg would droop earlier than plants that didn't. All plants follow a circadian rhythm and divert energy to the roots before lights off. This is why you see them droop before lights out and perk up before lights on. Anything with a deficiency would droop about two hours before the lights were due to turn off. This changed overnight! Plants that were dropping prematurely were now preying to the LED right up to about 30 minutes before the lights went off.

I've used it on batmix and coco so far and will run a aeroponic grow next year with them. I will probably stick with these for a while now.

So, if you're an RO grower like myself, trust me, go get yourself a litre of each and try it. I guarantee you it will put a smile on your face :fist:

Seymore :heart: TA Tri-Part
#binthecalmag
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
Norseman (Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:49 am) • The Shanchez (Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:13 am) • Trex (Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:32 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Product reviews”