Phonic Trap Ducting - Review

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I thought id do a review on this product as it's not cheap and if you are like me I was looking at it thinking... How can it be worth that much more than acoustic ducting or combi ducting?

On the website, it claims that the weave of the material means there is less air friction as the air moves through the ducting. We all know the noise of an extraction system or at least the loudest is the air leaving the system, not the fan itself. Whether it's the weave of the material or something else going in there this stuff is quiet, the air leaving the system is so quiet I had to double-check I had the high-powered 150mm fan on there, it is quieter than the low powered version was with combi ducting.

Where I'm growing I need my whole groom as quiet as possible, I had gone to great lengths to make sure it would be and was also going to add DIY silencers. There is no point, it's as quiet as anything I've run, and I've used every ducting, silencer, fan, over the years.

Another cool thing about this product is unlike every other ducting I've used the diameter of the duct that connects to the filter itself is just too big, not in a bad way, it fits nice and snug and stays there, obviously I clamped it on. I'm sure we have all have battles with trying to stretch ducting onto fans or filters in the past, often when they are hanging in awkward places too. That's a thing of the past with this stuff, slides right into place.

10/10 for nice and usability for this stuff.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 10):
Norseman (Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:03 pm) • 2Acres (Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:29 pm) • Sage (Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:06 am) • MommaB (Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:28 pm) • biosynthetic (Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:02 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:27 pm) • Hmr81 (Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:36 pm) • anova.330 (Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:45 pm) • Guest (Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:24 pm) • Herbalist (Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:30 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Phonic Trap Ducting - Review

Post by MommaB »

Awesome review sir! Im sure someone will be thanking you for it soon.
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
Keeno (Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:47 am)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

biosynthetic
Known User

Post by biosynthetic »

Yeh cheers, this is just the info I was looking for. Will defo be investing in some of this for my new setup :rock: :thx:
These users thanked the author biosynthetic for the post:
Keeno (Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:09 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I'm pleased you bought it. I told you that you wouldn't be disappointed. It's the best ducting on the market. Well worth spending the extra pennies on it. The other bonus is that it's fibreglass free.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Keeno (Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:09 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Post by Guest »

Keeno wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:56 pm

I thought id do a review on this product as it's not cheap and if you are like me I was looking at it thinking... How can it be worth that much more than acoustic ducting or combi ducting?

On the website, it claims that the weave of the material means there is less air friction as the air moves through the ducting. We all know the noise of an extraction system or at least the loudest is the air leaving the system, not the fan itself. Whether it's the weave of the material or something else going in there this stuff is quiet, the air leaving the system is so quiet I had to double-check I had the high-powered 150mm fan on there, it is quieter than the low powered version was with combi ducting.

Where I'm growing I need my whole groom as quiet as possible, I had gone to great lengths to make sure it would be and was also going to add DIY silencers. There is no point, it's as quiet as anything I've run, and I've used every ducting, silencer, fan, over the years.

Another cool thing about this product is unlike every other ducting I've used the diameter of the duct that connects to the filter itself is just too big, not in a bad way, it fits nice and snug and stays there, obviously I clamped it on. I'm sure we have all have battles with trying to stretch ducting onto fans or filters in the past, often when they are hanging in awkward places too. That's a thing of the past with this stuff, slides right into place.

Nice one K

So, how thhick are the walls on this stuff.

I remember buying the stuff with rock wool stuff in it. That was good stuff but a biathc to cut to size and fit.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:35 pm) • Keeno (Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:11 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:26 pm
Keeno wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:56 pm

Nice one K

I remember buying the stuff with rock wool stuff in it. That was good stuff but a biathc to cut to size and fit.
They quite think took me 45mins to cut in half so much fibres but good news is the feds can’t even cut it they leave it intact unlike the standard ones
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post:
Keeno (Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:11 pm)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

DIY.Rik wrote:

Roughly the same thickness, mate.

I didn't find it a problem cutting it and I have shitty eyesight and clubbing of the fingers. If I can do it, anyone can (who have hands.)
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 2):
Guest (Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:55 pm) • Keeno (Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:10 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

DIY.Rik wrote:

This will give you an idea, mate.

I bought one of those kits and it makes it so much easier and quicker to put on / take off the CF.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 2):
Guest (Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:56 pm) • Keeno (Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:10 pm)

Clicks

Post by Clicks »

Think I'm going to buy some of this myself. Was on the fence, but you've convinced me!
These users thanked the author Clicks for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:49 pm) • Keeno (Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:10 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Clicks wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:21 pm
Think I'm going to buy some of this myself. Was on the fence, but you've convinced me!
You won't regret it.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Keeno (Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:10 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”