Microbiometer......!

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews

Microbiometer......!

Post by Guest »

Hey people,

I have just stumbled across this:

Anyone heard of this....?

There is a new Grow Cast podcast coming up on it.

Would you trust this...?
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
RB1 (Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:23 pm) • Clicks (Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:36 pm) • anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:58 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Microbiometer......!

Post by 2-Scoops »

Really what`s point of that is it just to satisfy peeps curiosity ? Some crap that you might use once or twice along with lots more crap i see in grow game these days. Man do farmers or allotment type growers use summink like this, fuck knows i couldn`t tell ya, but i very much doubt it then again i might be wrong.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 4):
Clicks (Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:36 pm) • Guest (Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:55 pm) • Solo Forager336 (Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 pm) • anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:58 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Clicks

Post by Clicks »

2-Scoops wrote:Really what`s point of that is it just to satisfy peeps curiosity ? Some crap that you might use once or twice along with lots more crap i see in grow game these days. Man do farmers or allotment type growers use summink like this, fuck knows i couldn`t tell ya, but i very much doubt it then again i might be wrong.
I’ve listened to quite a few podcasts on organic grows and building soil etc, and it is very possible that you can have an unbalanced microbial system and I guess this could be used to determine if that is your problem, if any problems may arise?

But if it were me and I was growing organically and everything looked healthy I wouldn’t bother.

I am quite anal about things though and it’s something I could see myself buying though just out of sheer curiosity

Although to answer Riks initial question, I’d reserve judgement myself until I listened to the grow cast because it could turn out to be an amazing piece of kit for the serious organic grower.
These users thanked the author Clicks for the post (total 3):
Guest (Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:02 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:12 pm) • anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:00 am)

Post by Guest »

Oi @2-Scoops quit putting it down before I have a chance myself :lol:

I was looking through their website and I am not totally convinced anyway. 😐

Also I haven't yet found anything which states if it tells you which microbes and fungi you have....? Also they could be bad microbes that you don't wish to have :idn:
Apparently it works by measuring a colour difference in a sample taken from a vile whoch separates the microbes.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
Clicks (Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:03 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:12 pm) • anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 am)

Clicks

Post by Clicks »

DIY.Rik wrote:Oi [mention]2-Scoops[/mention] quit putting it down before I have a chance myself :lol:

I was looking through their website and I am not totally convinced anyway.

Also I haven't yet found anything which states if it tells you which microbes and fungi you have....? Also they could be bad microbes that you don't wish to have :idn:
Apparently it works by measuring a colour difference in a sample taken from a vile whoch separates the microbes.
If that’s the case then it’s a croc of dung hopefully I’m proven wrong though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Clicks for the post:
anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Clicks wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:41 pm
I’ve listened to quite a few podcasts on organic grows and building soil etc, and it is very possible that you can have an unbalanced microbial system and I guess this could be used to determine if that is your problem, if any problems may arise?

But if it were me and I was growing organically and everything looked healthy I wouldn’t bother.
Yes i suppose you could prolly do that with it and in all honesty I'm no organic grower so i should prolly keep my trap shut at times, but i don`t :rolf: . But if your growing organically and can`t put your hand on a simple problem and are not able to run a healthy pot full of microbes i really think you prolly shouldn`t be growing organically. Peeps have grown shit hot crops organically for 1000`s of years without any crap that tells you this that or other. To me lots of grow stuff i see coming out these days or prolly most of it is all about raking in the growers cash and theirs no one more dopey than us stoners or lets say tis easy pickings for these type of company`s and that applies to everything i see in grow game from lights, ferts, seeds to this, that & t`other, the conning fuckers, not all company`s are that way but plenty are. Maybe I'm turning into or have turned into a grumpy old cynical twat, but come on lets be honest hey.. all you need is light, water, feed and pot of mud in reality to grow cock on weed. Let me point out that I'm not saying this won`t work, but i really can`t see a point to it. Man if i got started on some of grow related stuff i see used fuck I'd never stop ranting and raving about crap :shit: :boogie:
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Solo Forager336 (Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:02 pm) • anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:02 am)

RB1

Post by RB1 »

I'm sure something will happen, whether you gain usable information that's another thing.

Still worth a play about.
These users thanked the author RB1 for the post:
anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:02 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:01 pm
Also they could be bad microbes that you don't wish to have
Oh you`ll get a right mix of goodies, baddies & uglies but tint no sweat. The very little i know about it is I'd sling in loadsa little Clint Eastwood type goodies for pence at potting up and every once in a while through out a grow like Trichoderma and enZymes to name a few Rik and not sweat on it, go with the flow type stuff. :running-around:

These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 am) • anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:03 am)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Probably cheaper to buy a microscope and do a soil count yourself, not hard to do plus you get to see all the little critters moving around
Fascinating stuff
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:48 am) • anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:03 am)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

GHO

Post by GHO »

Quite well thought of by some big organic and regenerative names pal. Whether it's worth it I'm not sure yet but I'll probably have a dig at one some time in the near future. I think the main selling point is being able to measure changes in microbe population very quickly. Something organic farmers will find useful.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 3):
RB1 (Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:58 pm) • anova.330 (Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:03 am) • Guest (Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:36 am)

Return to “Product reviews”