Eco Technics Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller Review

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I thought id do a review on the Eco Technics fan speed controller. It's something I've used for a very long time. This product allows a grower to control temperature and humidity using extraction and intake fans that you would already have in your grow room. It achieves this by reducing or increasing the fan's output to suit your chosen temperature and humidity settings. It does this very well and can save power and noise as well. The one thing I will say is you are using fans that are just about up to the job then the system will be running your fans on full power most of the time. If you have overpowered fans this bit of kit will run them at lower than full output meaning the noise level of the fan and air leaving the system will be less.

It also has the ability to wire a heater to the system. This will then fire up if your grow room drops below your set temperature.

It has some very cool functions regarding temperature and humidity control. Not only can you set the exact temperature but you can allow a drift over so the system won't kick in until it reaches for example 1c above your chosen temperature setting. You can also set minimum and maximum fan speeds regardless of the temperature you set. So if you have a very high power fan and don't want it to ever hit 100% output you can set it to a max of 90% as an example.

Another benefit to the system is that everything is hard wired to it. So you have 2 fans and a heater running of the systems 1 plug.

Overall a very good bit of kit, a little expensive but it really does do everything it says. I know a few growers who have had these many years like myself, with no issues, so it's also very well made too.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Norseman (Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:40 pm) • Nom (Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:26 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:53 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Eco Technics Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller Review

Post by 2-Scoops »

Keeno wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:27 pm
Not only can you set the exact temperature but you can allow a drift over so the system won't kick in until it reaches for example 1c above your chosen temperature setting.
Temperature hysteresis is what that`s called Keano. When setting a similar way for humidity its called humidity hysteresis.

Summink i came across recently when setting my variac climate controller which is at +2c & -2c hysteresis from my set temp 27c, I just thought I'd mention it like. Tis a way cool setting though which stops those constant and sudden jumps up and down when temp drops or climbs 0.1c all time.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Keeno (Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:51 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Product reviews”