easy dry sift rosin at home

Wizard
Respected Member

easy dry sift rosin at home

Post by Wizard »

ok ok ok , so here is my little blurb on how i make rosin from drysift

so first off i use a pollen box to collect kief each time i bust weed up

ImageImageImage
so i take the kief and put it into a folded piece of parchment paper and press it just a bit with heat to make it into a puck ,, i then take the puck and wrap it with a square cut from coffee fliter ,,keep the hairstraightener on lowest heat setting ,,, put your wraped puck placed in flod of parchemnet and squeeze it in the hairstraightiner and apply pressure , ( i use wood clamp ) i press for 45 seconds to a min , remove the puck and scrape up your goo,, to make it easy to get of the paper , place a plate in the freezer then put you paper on it to make the rosin cold , it will come off way easier ,,,, dab it , roll it into a joint , bowl topper for bongs and pipe ,, and so so much flavours
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post (total 6):
Marcus (Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:59 pm) • Josh (Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:06 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:12 pm) • camkush (Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:16 pm) • Keeno (Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:27 pm)
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: easy dry sift rosin at home

Post by Josh »

Pickle Rick wrote:ok ok ok , so here is my little blurb on how i make rosin from drysift

ImageImageImage
so i take the kief and put it into a folded piece of parchment paper and press it just a bit with heat to make it into a puck ,, i then take the puck and wrap it with a square cut from coffee fliter ,,keep the hairstraightener on lowest heat setting ,,, put your wraped puck placed in flod of parchemnet and squeeze it in the hairstraightiner and apply pressure , ( i use wood clamp ) i press for 45 seconds to a min , remove the puck and scrape up your goo,, to make it easy to get of the paper , place a plate in the freezer then put you paper on it to make the rosin cold , it will come off way easier ,,,, dab it , roll it into a joint , bowl topper for bongs and pipe ,, and so so much flavours
Love this write up man the wife's gonna hate it though
She's gonna get extract in her hair next time she uses her straightener!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 4):
Marcus (Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:07 pm) • MommaB (Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm) • Guest (Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 pm) • Wizard (Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:23 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Love this def going to give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
Wizard (Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Very nice write up Rick.

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

Josh wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:03 pm
Pickle Rick wrote:ok ok ok , so here is my little blurb on how i make rosin from drysift

ImageImageImage
Love this write up man the wife's gonna hate it though
She's gonna get extract in her hair next time she uses her straightener!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
you can always double up on the parchment paper to prevent leaks onto the plates
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post:
Josh (Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 am)

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

Looking well nice thanks for the write up

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

I picked up a handy tip from raw, he uses a garlic press like the one in the photo, the bit you load the garlic into needs to be round not like the oval shaped ones you get.

He cut out the bit the garlic is squeezed through so there’s a big hole, then drop a coin into the garlic press, then you have a flat surface for pressing on.
Chuck your kief in and press into a puck, you can push the coin out and the puck is stuck to that.

Great idea for making kief pucks, i like what you did there though. Ive made hash from kief loads of times but never thought about pressing it for rosin
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Also worth a thought is using small micron filters and keep pressing to make thca isolate
https://youtu.be/-gkDoyOyq84

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

What does a dry sift box do? do you put dried bud in shake it around and some of the tricomes come off?.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

IMO wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:18 pm
What does a dry sift box do? do you put dried bud in shake it around and some of the tricomes come off?.
Exactly, just like a kief catcher on a grinder

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates & Extracts”