diy alcohol reclaim condenser how to thread

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: diy alcohol reclaim condenser how to thread

Post by 2-Scoops »

@duke i was more interested in the air still that looks like a soup maker for making moonshine or running lets say a 2liter RSO mix through, basically to reclaim lets say around 80% of the alcohol or whatever and then finish up the RSO in the slow cooker to evaporate rest of alcohol off. Kinda instead of evaporating 2liters off which takes all bloody day it should only take a few hours or less done that way, if that makes some sort of sense mate. Check the video out of the air still, tizz a pretty snazzy bit of kit and no mess or faffing around for under £100
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
duke (Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:54 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Rawreefer
Grow Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Rawreefer »

Hi Duke,
What ISO are you using...?
These users thanked the author Rawreefer for the post:
duke (Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:54 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Rawreefer wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:16 pm
Hi Duke,
What ISO are you using...?
hi hexeal 99.9% isopropyl alcohol medical grade currently but have used also hexeals acetone which is good and works as well in the condenser,the price of iso has shot up recently so the condenser pays for itself in no time :i agree: :thanks:
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Rawreefer (Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:13 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Hi @duke great thread, it inspired me to make my own using 2 jar lids and some pvc hose between them.

FECO in one jar in a pan of boiling water and the catch jar on the floor, (lid flipped and cracked for pressure exchange).

It takes no time at all!

HOWEVER... It looks like I may have more ISO in the jar than came out of the bottle... :lol:

So before I pour it into the bottle to see, am I right in presuming that the dope I washed in the ISO leeched moisture into the stuff?
So this ISO has a bit more water content that out of the bottle?

Cheers dude!
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
duke (Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:00 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

:lol: I forgot the pics!
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
duke (Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:00 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

ImageImageImageImageImage

YAY! SIDEWAYS PICS!!!

:bang head:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
duke (Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:00 pm) • GMO (Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:22 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Not that i wanna drink it, but would that be drinkable and safe now. Kinda reclaiming the alcohol and gets rid of all nasties & it should make that safe to drink or am i bloody crackers thinking that ? Then again I remember seeing a documentary about the Vietnam war where the marines were distilling anything with alcohol in to make it safe and drinkable.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:09 pm) • duke (Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:08 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:02 pm
Not that i wanna drink it, but would that be drinkable and safe now. Kinda reclaiming the alcohol and gets rid of all nasties & it should make that safe to drink or am i bloody crackers thinking that ? Then again I remember seeing a documentary about the Vietnam war where the marines were distilling anything with alcohol in to make it safe and drinkable.
ISO is pure alcohol anyway so is probably cleaner than this reclaimed stuff.

I think you could probably drink it if watered down anyway, seeing as alcohol is alcohol...???

:idn:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
duke (Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:08 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:18 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:09 pm
Hi @duke great thread, it inspired me to make my own using 2 jar lids and some pvc hose between them.

FECO in one jar in a pan of boiling water and the catch jar on the floor, (lid flipped and cracked for pressure exchange).

It takes no time at all!

HOWEVER... It looks like I may have more ISO in the jar than came out of the bottle... :lol:

So before I pour it into the bottle to see, am I right in presuming that the dope I washed in the ISO leeched moisture into the stuff?

Cheers dude!
hi marcus was it proper dry like 10% ish moisture? was it frozen? i do not imagine the weed adding very much moisture ,my condenser reclaims about 90% but never more than i put in.
im surprised that short a run of plastic tubing adequate to do the job but it looks a simpler design though how scalable it would be im unsure,i have nearly finished harvesting 4 plants and have a freezer full of weed waiting for oiling but been so busy decorating (one of my most hated tasks) and by evening im too knackered to be playing with making oil,this bruce banner strain fucking stinks smells like i dropped a can of unleaded petrol in the house atm,good job ive an understanding missus!
do be careful what plastics you use with hot isopropyl as it can leach chemicals into the concentrate,neoprene fuel hose automotive one used for e10 fuel is best and lasts ages.
have you measured what you recovered? enjoy your oil,peace
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:02 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:18 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

duke wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:49 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:09 pm

It takes no time at all!

Cheers dude!
hi marcus was it proper dry like 10% ish moisture? was it frozen? i do not imagine the weed adding very much moisture ,my condenser reclaims about 90% but never more than i put in.
im surprised that short a run of plastic tubing adequate to do the job but it looks a simpler design though how scalable it would be im unsure,i have nearly finished harvesting 4 plants and have a freezer full of weed waiting for oiling but been so busy decorating (one of my most hated tasks) and by evening im too knackered to be playing with making oil,this bruce banner strain fucking stinks smells like i dropped a can of unleaded petrol in the house atm,good job ive an understanding missus!
do be careful what plastics you use with hot isopropyl as it can leach chemicals into the concentrate,neoprene fuel hose automotive one used for e10 fuel is best and lasts ages.
have you measured what you recovered? enjoy your oil,peace
Hi duke.

It was a bag of trim that has been stinking up my fishfingers in the freezer, so I presume it was just hung for a week before going in there.

The short length seems fine, it is a bit warm but not hot. I had a google and pvc is ok with ISO but will degrade over time, so it isn;t for long term use. I also read that copper + ISO + heat 300*C makes acetone and was all "no way am I using copper" then realised we;re at 100*C so it should be fine. So I will set something like this up with some microbore copper pipe.

I have 5g of oil from that test. I did a 2 days in the freezer extraction and was amazed at the amount of fats on the bottom of the jar when I got it out. Barely needed a filtering too, all the crap was held in the fats!

I didn't decarb the trim either, so I'll do a 125*C in the oven to purge the last of the ISO and decarb it.

Might make some chocolate bars and hand them out at the local "Park Run" on Saturday morning for the hungry finishers! :naughty: :rolf:

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates & Extracts”