Bho

RewisL19

Bho

Post by RewisL19 »

Hi guys, I want to try and make some bho. I haven’t got any kit yet so I’m very early stages lol. Do I really need a vac chamber or can it be done without?

I’ve got a load of trim from my last grow (Bubba Slush)
And on my list to get is a 50g blast tube, + the butane and Pyrex dish and so on.
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post:
Josh (Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:42 pm)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: Bho

Post by Josh »

Ghost93 wrote:Hi guys, I want to try and make some bho. I haven’t got any kit yet so I’m very early stages lol. Do I really need a vac chamber or can it be done without?

And on my list to get is a 50g blast tube, + the butane and Pyrex dish and so on.
There's a lot to learn, not gonna lie to you

You need to make sure that the butane is very pure, and doesn't contain mercaptans. These are added to give the butane a "smell" in case of leakage. Avoid these

I use "whipit!" It's manufactured in the uk I believe and is the best quality I've found so far. Get the highest purity they have available

This is a touchy subject to a lot of people because of the dangers involved, you really should do more research before trying it yourself

I personally use a 2 stage pump and vac chamber from amazon, knowing that the bho is fully purged is well worth the money

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 3):
Guest (Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 pm) • RewisL19 (Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:45 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:28 am)

RewisL19

Post by RewisL19 »

Josh wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:42 pm
Ghost93 wrote:Hi guys, I want to try and make some bho. I haven’t got any kit yet so I’m very early stages lol. Do I really need a vac chamber or can it be done without?

You need to make sure that the butane is very pure, and doesn't contain mercaptans. These are added to give the butane a "smell" in case of leakage. Avoid these

I use "whipit!" It's manufactured in the uk I believe and is the best quality I've found so far. Get the highest purity they have available

This is a touchy subject to a lot of people because of the dangers involved, you really should do more research before trying it yourself

I personally use a 2 stage pump and vac chamber from amazon, knowing that the bho is fully purged is well worth the money

Cheers for replying mate, yeah I’ve been looking for the butane. I’ve come across a few but il take a look at the one you mentioned :)

Yeah I’m aware of most of the dangers involved. What cooks my brain is how you get so many different types of concentrates from the same method just with a little bit of tweaking the process.

Ah that’s good to know about the vac chamber, I wasn’t sure if it’s 100% needed.
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post (total 2):
Josh (Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:17 am) • The Aspie Toker (Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:28 am)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Ghost93 wrote:
Josh wrote:

Cheers for replying mate, yeah I’ve been looking for the butane. I’ve come across a few but il take a look at the one you mentioned :)

Yeah I’m aware of most of the dangers involved. What cooks my brain is how you get so many different types of concentrates from the same method just with a little bit of tweaking the process.

Ah that’s good to know about the vac chamber, I wasn’t sure if it’s 100% needed.
Ya man, it took me about 5 runs to get the process down for how I like my bho. I prefer shatter, as it's the easiest to make in my opinion. If you want wax, you just whip air into the shatter after it's purged

I'll give you my process for "Thin Film Purging" to make shatter.

VERY IMPORTANT- do NOT try and blast ounce upon ounce of material and purge it in a thick layer. You will never get the residual butane out
Small batches are key, especially if you have learning to do. Better to mess up a tiny batch vs a big one

Start by pre-heating your vac chamber on a heat mat in a seperate area (the heat mat needs to be hot enough to get the oil to between 100-115f)

I use a stainless steel tube for blasting, got mine from Cali Extractions. Lasted for years and won't break

Blast into a round Pyrex dish that is sitting in warm-hot water (try no to go over 115f) no stove tops, no electricity whatsoever when around the butane. Get your water hot inside and bring it out to your blasting area

Once the butane comes out clear and no longer feels sticky, stop running butane through and let it off-gas. Keep changing out your water when necessary to keep it warm. Let this go until the bubbling slows or stops.

At this point, bring your pyrex dish back inside and place inside your pre-heated chamber. Remove the lid and use a temp gun to occasionally check the oil, it needs to be between 100-115f before pulling vac

IMPORTANT- To the Video app.php/vblog/josh/25/596

Switch your pump on and start to pull vacuum. With your pump running constantly and with the red valve open, use the blue valve (release valve) on your chamber to release pressure and control the height of the muffin. Pay attention and don't let it get too big, it'll stick to the sides of your pyrex and the top of your chamber

Once the muffin collapses and reaction slows, close the release valve and pull as much vacuum as you can. CLOSE RED VALVE before turning off the pump. After a few minutes the bubbles should stop and the oil will lay flat.

Release the air slowly from chamber. Let the oil get back up to temp and pull vacuum again

Repeat this process until there are no more reactions. It takes me 15-20 minutes to fully purge a batch.

Just remember, NEVER get your oil too hot or else it will darken up on you and turn to crumble, if this haplens before it's fully purged your oil is basically fucked and you have to re-dissolve it and start over

Take your time, be safe. Nothing to it really

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 4):
Sage (Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:00 am) • The Aspie Toker (Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:30 am) • RewisL19 (Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:27 pm) • Nom (Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:05 pm)

RewisL19

Post by RewisL19 »

Josh wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:58 am
Ghost93 wrote:
Josh wrote:

Ya man, it took me about 5 runs to get the process down for how I like my bho. I prefer shatter, as it's the easiest to make in my opinion. If you want wax, you just whip air into the shatter after it's purged

I'll give you my process for "Thin Film Purging" to make shatter.

VERY IMPORTANT- do NOT try and blast ounce upon ounce of material and purge it in a thick layer. You will never get the residual butane out
Small batches are key, especially if you have learning to do. Better to mess up a tiny batch vs a big one

Start by pre-heating your vac chamber on a heat mat in a seperate area (the heat mat needs to be hot enough to get the oil to between 100-115f)

I use a stainless steel tube for blasting, got mine from Cali Extractions. Lasted for years and won't break

Blast into a round Pyrex dish that is sitting in warm-hot water (try no to go over 115f) no stove tops, no electricity whatsoever when around the butane. Get your water hot inside and bring it out to your blasting area

Once the butane comes out clear and no longer feels sticky, stop running butane through and let it off-gas. Keep changing out your water when necessary to keep it warm. Let this go until the bubbling slows or stops.

At this point, bring your pyrex dish back inside and place inside your pre-heated chamber. Remove the lid and use a temp gun to occasionally check the oil, it needs to be between 100-115f before pulling vac

IMPORTANT- To the Video app.php/vblog/josh/25/596

Switch your pump on and start to pull vacuum. With your pump running constantly and with the red valve open, use the blue valve (release valve) on your chamber to release pressure and control the height of the muffin. Pay attention and don't let it get too big, it'll stick to the sides of your pyrex and the top of your chamber

Once the muffin collapses and reaction slows, close the release valve and pull as much vacuum as you can. CLOSE RED VALVE before turning off the pump. After a few minutes the bubbles should stop and the oil will lay flat.

Release the air slowly from chamber. Let the oil get back up to temp and pull vacuum again

Repeat this process until there are no more reactions. It takes me 15-20 minutes to fully purge a batch.

Just remember, NEVER get your oil too hot or else it will darken up on you and turn to crumble, if this haplens before it's fully purged your oil is basically fucked and you have to re-dissolve it and start over

Take your time, be safe. Nothing to it really

Whoa! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that Josh. Appreciate it very much! Il let you know how I get on soon once I’ve got all my equipment:) cheers dude.
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post:
Josh (Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:36 pm)

E.p_grower

Post by E.p_grower »

Banging advice in here :rock:

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates & Extracts”