Dry herb vapes

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Dry herb vapes

Post by Marcus »

Wrh wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:31 pm
I'm only turning it off to refill bowl
No need, just leave it on all evening, the black rubber part of the bowl should allow you to pick it up when warm to dump the load.
Wrh wrote:
what is the max temps you boys use
I was around 180-185 *C for the whip.
200*C in elbow packs.

You see that 90* elbow that goes into your bong...??? Well have you got 2 of those in the kit? You could chop a bit off the whip off and have a shorter length with an elbow at each end just for bong hits.

Also, there should be little top hat screens that fit in those elbows, so pop 1 in the elbow (if it's too loose squish it, too tight erm, squish it the other way :lol: ) and pop herb in that, then into the 'cyclone bowl' and then try that. That's an elbow pack.

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

This really is a game changer, I've put a new whip and elbow kit in the amazon cart and if HRH likes it I'll get it to make a proper connection thanks again for all your advice gents :thanks:

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Wrh wrote:
Thank you gents for your help I've bodged this together and it draws ok ill try it later . As I said I'm really pleased with this it's just taking some getting used to . The video is great Marcus thanks , what is the max temps you boys use I suppose with the bong on it could go as high as it can go . I'm turning the vape on and leaving it on I'm only turning it off to refill bowl and that's only for a couple of minutes . Once again gents thanks for your help 👍
That's the tool will get you wrecked alright mate. Turn it as high as you like, but i run around 180 to 200c. Theirs some great vape guides around, i think one on Zamnesia seed bank, basically explains how to hit the bowl at certain temps for cbd only at lower temps, i seem to remember 145c but i might be tripping though and then use bowl up later for that thc buzz when you turn it back up to 180c+ summink like that anyhow, long time since i read it. 2 for price of one cant be bad hey.

I just turn vape on in morning and leave it on till it turns itself off mate, you can set it to turn of after 2 or 4 hours all auto like.

Theirs a glass bowl mod you can buy that gets the herb right down low sat just above heating element, the one comes with it if you look herbs are sat really high above, well they are in comparison, that gets it rocking good style as well, tis just a cheap Chinese glass fem to fem connector basically on fleabay.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:33 pm
Wrh wrote:
Thank you gents for your help I've bodged this together and it draws ok ill try it later . As I said I'm really pleased with this it's just taking some getting used to . The video is great Marcus thanks , what is the max temps you boys use I suppose with the bong on it could go as high as it can go . I'm turning the vape on and leaving it on I'm only turning it off to refill bowl and that's only for a couple of minutes . Once again gents thanks for your help 👍
That's the tool will get you wrecked alright mate. Turn it as high as you like, but i run around 180 to 200c. Theirs some great vape guides around, i think one on Zamnesia seed bank, basically explains how to hit the bowl at certain temps for cbd only at lower temps, i seem to remember 145c but i might be tripping though and then use bowl up later for that thc buzz when you turn it back up to 180c+ summink like that anyhow, long time since i read it. 2 for price of one cant be bad hey.

I just turn vape on in morning and leave it on till it turns itself off mate, you can set it to turn of after 2 or 4 hours all auto like.

Theirs a glass bowl mod you can buy that gets the herb right down low sat just above heating element, the one comes with it if you look herbs are sat really high above, well they are in comparison, that gets it rocking good style as well, tis just a cheap Chinese glass fem to fem connector basically on fleabay.
It definitely works better than the whip for sure I didn't need any hash or anything added with the bong I'm keeping it at 200 seems to work well ,I'm going to leave the vape on as you say its how I did it yesterday and it was fine I appreciate all your advice cheers mate :cheers:

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Here's a little thing I like to do...

Pop a pinch of that Himalayan Pink ROck Salt in your bong water.

Just seems to make it smoother and less phlegm in the mornings.

(I have nasal drip, I thought the nurse said "anal" drip at 1st so we had a bit of an inappropriate conversation, mostly on my side, for a few minutes.)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

seymore_budz wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:24 pm
Been vaping weed for about 6 years now after giving up smoking. I've tried quite a few over the years like the crafty , pax 2 and 3 da vinci, Angus, those induction ones that I can't remember the name lol, tinymight 2 l, volcano and mighty|mighty +. Between myself and my Dad we've spent £1000s on dry herb vapes. Trust me you can't beat a Mighty+ for portable and Volcano for desktop. The volcano is a lot of messing about so I'd go for the mighty everytime. It has its downsides like non-replacable batteries and needs a little maintenance to keep things optimal, but you simply can't beat it for convenience, ease of use and overall experience. I've been dying to find something to replace the mighty as its also fairly big for a handheld but nothing has come close so far. If Storz and Bickle went bust and all their vape disappeared overnight I'd go for a Tinymight 2.

My Dad likes to fuck about with all the attachments etc so he has some mad contraptions. They're great and all that but I can't be arsed setting up a rig to smoke some weed :) I'm too busy.
Hey Seymore, you mentioned you'd tried the Tinymight 2 but prefer the Mighty+, is that correct and if so, what is it you prefer about the Mighty+?

I am considering the Tinymight 2 because I was under the impression it gives denser clouds, similar to a ball vape, which would suite me very well. I tried my friend's standard Mighty and wasn't too impressed, finding the vapour too light and wispy in a similar way that I found the Volcano to be. I owned a Volcano for many years and was an early adopter but ended up replacing it with a Flowerpot due to preferring denser vapour - it feels more like smoking a bong!

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Hi @sybarite I ended up getting a ball head for my flowerpot. :oik!:
I had to use my original showerhead top on the baller base to hit the spot, otherwise there was no resistance with just the mesh ball retainer.

You still chuffing on your balls?

I've ordered the ball head for my silver surfer too from the states. :roll eyes: I've been hitting the surfer hard lately, it's the weapon of choice. :viking:

As for the TM2, I ain;t got a clue. They like it over on the FC forum, I'd just be concerned with them basic nuts n bolts as a cooling unit.
Have they finally made a ball cooling unit I wonder?

All this talk of balls is making mine itch.

:dance:

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

:rolf: yes @Marcus, I love the feeling of hot air being sucked through my tiny, shiny, red balls - both stimulating, yet relaxing at the same time.

I noticed they have a few new head designs since I got mine but not really paid much attention to how they work.

I really love my Flowerpot, one of the best things I ever bought and definitely the best vaporizer I've owned.

Regarding the TM2, basic nuts n bolts as a cooling unit does sound pretty shit but probably 99% of the user reviews are glowing, build quality seems good and they have a 10 year warranty. I'm just curious why some people might prefer a Mighty or Mighty+, but I read they are better as session vapes, as opposed to bong-like hits from the TM2.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

sybarite wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:46 pm
seymore_budz wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:24 pm
Been vaping weed for about 6 years now after giving up smoking. I've tried quite a few over the years like the crafty , pax 2 and 3 da vinci, Angus, those induction ones that I can't remember the name lol, tinymight 2 l, volcano and mighty|mighty +. Between myself and my Dad we've spent £1000s on dry herb vapes. Trust me you can't beat a Mighty+ for portable and Volcano for desktop. The volcano is a lot of messing about so I'd go for the mighty everytime. It has its downsides like non-replacable batteries and needs a little maintenance to keep things optimal, but you simply can't beat it for convenience, ease of use and overall experience. I've been dying to find something to replace the mighty as its also fairly big for a handheld but nothing has come close so far. If Storz and Bickle went bust and all their vape disappeared overnight I'd go for a Tinymight 2.

My Dad likes to fuck about with all the attachments etc so he has some mad contraptions. They're great and all that but I can't be arsed setting up a rig to smoke some weed :) I'm too busy.
Hey Seymore, you mentioned you'd tried the Tinymight 2 but prefer the Mighty+, is that correct and if so, what is it you prefer about the Mighty+?

I am considering the Tinymight 2 because I was under the impression it gives denser clouds, similar to a ball vape, which would suite me very well. I tried my friend's standard Mighty and wasn't too impressed, finding the vapour too light and wispy in a similar way that I found the Volcano to be. I owned a Volcano for many years and was an early adopter but ended up replacing it with a Flowerpot due to preferring denser vapour - it feels more like smoking a bong!
Hey @sybarite,

Yes, I have just recently tried the Tinymight 2. I bought my Dad one as he's been banging on about them for ages and I secretly wanted to try one as I'm aways looking for a replacement for my Mighty.

The Tinymight 2 deffo give you big clouds and is a decent little unit. What I didn't like about it is it burns hot as there's not much between the mouthpiece and the herb chamber. I think if you added a cooling chamber to the device, it would be better than the Mighty+. I also found that I get a better flavour from my Mighty+.

The Mighty+ give bigger clouds if you have the temperature turned up a little higher (~195C). Anything below 190 and it's like puffing on air :) That being said, it's deffo doesn't have the same kick as the Tinymight 2 on that first rip with a fresh bowl. If that's what you prefer, you may like the Tinymight over the Mighty.

Here are the points that I considered when choosing the Mighty+ over the Tinymight.

Tinymight pros:

* Smaller unit, conspicuous.
* Replaceable battery
* Thick clouds

Tinymight cons:
* Not as consistent as the mighty+
* Hot, harsh vapor

Mighty cons:
* Large unit. Looks dodgy lol
* Non-replacable batteries
* Hard to clean

Mighty pros:
* Much more consistent temperatures. (Doesn't drop so much while you're drawing)
* Better flavour IMHO
* Bigger batteries
* Almost perfectly designed tool :) Fits in all the hard to clean places. They've even made the gap between the fins the same size as the poker tool.

If you like thick clouds and a bong-like experience then the Tinymight 2 will deffo be up your street. It would be my second choice 100% Let me know what one you go for. Its a shame you can't try before you buy right?!
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

It looks like I've got a lot to learn about this vaping lark
I haven't a clue what your all talking about. All I know is I'm converted and can't see me going back to burning my weed, if anyone has any links to guides it would be great, I can see me getting a portable one as well as the arizer, it's a lot to get your head around but thanks to this thread and you guys I'm on my way :thanks:

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates, Edibles, Extracts & Paraphernalia”