Dry herb vapes

Wrh
Known User

Re: Dry herb vapes

Post by Wrh »

I've never used a vape, I've been smoking either a small pipe or a bong for many years I don't use tobacco just weed . What am I missing here should I be looking more into this . I can't see what a vape brings to the table can you vapers enlighten me please . Also can hash be used on its own ?
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:30 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:52 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Wrh wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:14 pm
I've never used a vape, I've been smoking either a small pipe or a bong for many years I don't use tobacco just weed . What am I missing here should I be looking more into this . I can't see what a vape brings to the table can you vapers enlighten me please . Also can hash be used on its own ?
Hi WRH,

Here's my tuppence worth on vaping.

After vaping, smoking dope in a pipe or joint just tastes like burnt crap. Every strain tastes the same... burning plants.

The flavour from the terps is amazing in a vape. Depending on which vape, the flavour is good for a few lungfuls, then when it's spent it becomes a bit burnt popcorny flavoured which is a million times better than burning plant matter for me.

I stopped coughing up phlegm after switching to vaping too. Also for me, vaping is a lot more uppy and headier as opposed to smoking being a bit more thick headed and dare I say it, makes me feel hungover the next day.

Some vapes are cracking for hash. Mostly butane driven ones I've found, but some desktops also work well with hash as you can crank them buggers right up and milk a bong all night long.

All in all, I do enjoy a hash and weed joint still but that's more for the room being filled with thick smoke that smells just like I'm 16 again... and I do smoke the cob cured (fermented) dope too in my pipe sometimes... But vaping is where it's at for me. Flavour city with the right strain.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 4):
Wrh (Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:06 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:52 pm) • wutang (Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 pm) • flip (Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:59 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:39 pm
Wrh wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:14 pm
Hi WRH,

Here's my tuppence worth on vaping.

After vaping, smoking dope in a pipe or joint just tastes like burnt crap. Every strain tastes the same... burning plants.

The flavour from the terps is amazing in a vape. Depending on which vape, the flavour is good for a few lungfuls, then when it's spent it becomes a bit burnt popcorny flavoured which is a million times better than burning plant matter for me.

I stopped coughing up phlegm after switching to vaping too. Also for me, vaping is a lot more uppy and headier as opposed to smoking being a bit more thick headed and dare I say it, makes me feel hungover the next day.

Some vapes are cracking for hash. Mostly butane driven ones I've found, but some desktops also work well with hash as you can crank them buggers right up and milk a bong all night long.

All in all, I do enjoy a hash and weed joint still but that's more for the room being filled with thick smoke that smells just like I'm 16 again... and I do smoke the cob cured (fermented) dope too in my pipe sometimes... But vaping is where it's at for me. Flavour city with the right strain.
Thanks Marcus I see a lot of you using vapes and as I said I couldn't really see what the fuss was about . It looks like I should give it a try , I'm assuming there's no cheap way to try it out as the good ones seem quite expensive but there's no point getting one that's second rate I suppose I'll keep my eye on this thread and maybe invest in something nice Thanks again mate and any suggestions on a vape for newbs would be great .
Marcus (Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:15 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:53 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Wrh wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:13 pm
Thanks Marcus I see a lot of you using vapes and as I said I couldn't really see what the fuss was about . It looks like I should give it a try , I'm assuming there's no cheap way to try it out as the good ones seem quite expensive but there's no point getting one that's second rate I suppose I'll keep my eye on this thread and maybe invest in something nice Thanks again mate and any suggestions on a vape for newbs would be great .
No worries, I'll also add that you will use a lot less dope than with smoking.

Some of the cheap vapes are good units, some of the expensive ones are not so good too.

I sold my Mighty that lots of people rate, as I thought it was rubbish. Overpriced plastic junk. I found all dope started to taste the same in it too, maybe I just have an aversion to a material in it's manufacture, but there's definitely better and cheaper vapes out there for me.

I'd say work out if you want a vape that cooks a bowl via conduction and you sit and "session" it for 5 mins (or 10 etc) or do you want a vape that heats a coil and you draw that warm air over the dope (convection) when required "on demand" style.

I'm an on demand person. I like a hit and then put it down while I do other stuff, desktop vapes suit me better than portables as most portables are session types.
I've had this new XMAX V3 a week (and dropped it a few times already :lol:) it's really hitting the spot for me and was quite cheap compared to some other vapes. It does session and on demand, it's a convection vape rather than conduction.

https://recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk/p ... 7977658604 and you get a spare battery too.

I think you also need to work out if you want it in the house or out and about?

I do like going to my little vape station desk for a hit every hour or so, saves me sitting on my arse in front of the telly all night just chuffing away for no reason on a portable. I'll have a lungful or three and I;m good for an hour till the next fresh bowl starts calling me. :cheering:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Wrh (Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:20 pm) • wutang (Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I think vaping and toking weed are a totally different buzz tbh @Wrh with vaping being much stronger if you can get it rocking rightly, i think plenty give up vaping cus they cant get hang of it, imo every different vape that ive tried has a different knack for getting it rocking n rolling good style.

I also think vaping is a more heady high and much stronger than toking on a joint, maybe that's summink to do with the weed not combusting unlike a joint that does combust, possibly theirs more oxygen in your system with no combustion, feck knows tbh prolly nowt to do with it.

I still like a joint too, in fact i tug a joint as much as i vape, mostly in evening.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Wrh (Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:20 pm) • Marcus (Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:02 pm) • wutang (Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:32 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

Thanks for the advice gents I've seen a desk top one it's an ariza extreme q and it's 103 quid it had lot of good reviews , I think we would rather have a desk one to start with as we don't partake when we are our and about , but a portable could useful in the garden , we usually smoke in the cabin to try and disguise the smell a bit but from what I've read a vape doesn't smell too bad anyway . Thanks again I'm going to look into this a bit more I do like the idea of tasting the flavours more I know what Marcus means about the burnt plant matter taste , I'll speak to she who must be obeyed lol 😂
Marcus (Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:02 pm) • wutang (Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:33 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Wrh wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:33 pm
Thanks for the advice gents I've seen a desk top one it's an ariza extreme q and it's 103 quid it had lot of good reviews , I think we would rather have a desk one to start with as we don't partake when we are our and about , but a portable could useful in the garden , we usually smoke in the cabin to try and disguise the smell a bit but from what I've read a vape doesn't smell too bad anyway . Thanks again I'm going to look into this a bit more I do like the idea of tasting the flavours more I know what Marcus means about the burnt plant matter taste , I'll speak to she who must be obeyed lol 😂
I highly rate them Arizer EQs. 2-Scoops has my old one.

You get the option of bags with it too or just use it as a whip vape.

Great choice for a dive into the vape world. You can always use it as a pot pourri room scenter thing too if you dont get on with vaping. :lol: They send you a bag of lavender with the unit.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Wrh (Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:50 am) • wutang (Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:33 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yeah @Marcus and @Wrh i use Arizer EQ with water bubbler or bong on only nowadays, its the one in picture that i posted on top of second page. I dont use it for bags i think they are crap but ok at a party i suppose.

I've got one of those portable arizer airmax mk 1 vapes doing nowt, it dont get used at all nowadays, if any of you 2 want it, im no fan of it, i think airflow is shit on it, its a bit better stuck in a bong or bubbler though, i got bong attachment for it too, in fact i think that's only attachment i got, feck knows where other mouthpiece is now but they`re cheap enough on E-Bay, that said attachment with it can be used for toking without the bong. But its just gathering dust atmo

These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Wrh (Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:49 am) • wutang (Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:33 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:53 pm
Yeah @Marcus and @Wrh i use Arizer EQ with water bubbler or bong on only nowadays, its the one in picture that i posted on top of second page. I dont use it for bags i think they are crap but ok at a party i suppose.

I've got one of those portable arizer airmax mk 1 vapes doing nowt, it dont get used at all nowadays, if any of you 2 want it, im no fan of it, i think airflow is shit on it, its a bit better stuck in a bong or bubbler though, i got bong attachment for it too, in fact i think that's only attachment i got, feck knows where other mouthpiece is now but they`re cheap enough on E-Bay, that said attachment with it can be used for toking without the bong. But its just gathering dust atmo

That's a fantastic gesture mr scoops I'm going to talk to hrh tomorrow , not sure which way to go it's all a bit confusing with all the different attachments and bong bits etc I'm not sure which way to go both sorts seem to have there pros and cons . I definitely think I need to at least try it , the smell bit is a big plus I don't really like smelling of smoke so we have wax melts going all the time to keep the smell down . I'll keep you informed 👍
Marcus (Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:47 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:33 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I’ve been using dry herb vapes for years now and my current one is a nectar platinum which was around £100, the main benefits of vaping are, convenience and discreteness, it’s self contained just add herb and go, it’s very economical with herb as nothing gets wasted, the main benefit as I see it is your not combusting anything so unless you have it on high there is no smoke which is abit weird to get used to because you think your not getting anything but you are, but it’s definitely easier on the lungs than pipes and bongs.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Wrh (Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:39 am)

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates, Edibles, Extracts & Paraphernalia”