Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Is there such a thing as too much light?

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Is there such a thing as too much light?

Post by 2-Scoops »

JJ wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:11 pm
How about a 1000w led in a 5x5,enough for autos
Yes you should just about be good with that, that`s if it`s a 1000watter cus 1000w means nothing these days and the light could quite easily be a 200watter power draw from socket on wall, is your light a true 1000watt power draw or not ? But yes its just very missleading and added to get your cash especially from people who know very little about it all, shocking really. I run a 4 or 600hps at times on fair sized or full sized plants in an area 110cm x 55cm and i think i`m about at limits really their.

Basically too much light is a big waste of cash to your pocket. Iff plant can`t use the light cus it`s too small and has only 5 or 6 leaves then that`s a real waste of £'/$ so you turn the light right down on power.

Also too much light can cause stress abd fry young seedlings fast and also burn leaves, i think i read it can cause hermie as well but i`m not convinced about that last one myself
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”