Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Tap Water

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Tap Water

Post by seymore_budz »

Neilw420 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:05 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:41 am
Neilw420 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:25 am
I did my first ever grow with bottled water and had nothing but problems, now use tap water with no problems, just recently starting using the stuff to make tap water safe from ecothrive and not had one deficiency but I don’t leave my water to stand, does come from the loft tank though so not mains.
Yea bottled water is normally full of Ca, Mg and Na and isn't suitable for growing plants. The neutralise from Ecosys is asorbic acid (vitamin C). It breaks the bond between chlorine and ammonia so both can evaporate. It happens relatively quickly and they can both evaporate pretty quick too. I'm not 100% convinced it's a necessary step after doing a little research but it won't hurt anything.
Yea to be fair I was skeptical but used it for about 5 weeks and not had any deficiencies like normal but could be the new light aswell
Well..... is does do what it says on the tin so I don't want to bash the product, the questionable thing in my head was is there enough chloramine in the water to kill off your beneficial beanies. Common sense would tell you it would or what's the point in adding it to the water but I spoke to GMO here and another horticultural biologist friend of mine and both agreed that the chloramine wouldn't kill off enough of the bacteria to make removing the chlorine/chloramine woth it? That being said, most of the manufacturers of these living beneficials products would tell you to remove chloramine or at the very lease off-gas your water (which don't work with chloramine anyway). I have no way of testing so my advice would be always follow the manufacturer's recommendations unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Neilw420 (Wed May 27, 2020 12:35 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Neilw420

Post by Neilw420 »

grumpygrower wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:01 pm
Neilw420 wrote:
grumpygrower wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:41 am

Yea bottled water is normally full of Ca, Mg and Na and isn't suitable for growing plants. The neutralise from Ecosys is asorbic acid (vitamin C). It breaks the bond between chlorine and ammonia so both can evaporate. It happens relatively quickly and they can both evaporate pretty quick too. I'm not 100% convinced it's a necessary step after doing a little research but it won't hurt anything.
Yea to be fair I was skeptical but used it for about 5 weeks and not had any deficiencies like normal but could be the new light aswell
Well..... is does do what it says on the tin so I don't want to bash the product, the questionable thing in my head was is there enough chloramine in the water to kill off your beneficial beanies. Common sense would tell you it would or what's the point in adding it to the water but I spoke to GMO here and another horticultural biologist friend of mine and both agreed that the chloramine wouldn't kill off enough of the bacteria to make removing the chlorine/chloramine woth it? That being said, most of the manufacturers of these living beneficials products would tell you to remove chloramine or at the very lease off-gas your water (which don't work with chloramine anyway). I have no way of testing so my advice would be always follow the manufacturer's recommendations unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.
For £6 it’s worth a shot, something has made a difference this time. Iv always been in the mind of its not enough to cause a problem in the water but I’m in north London with a newly extended sewage works so could be alsorts in the water for cleaning the pipes etc,

Also if I leave my water to sit the ph stabilises slightly lower so this could help I don’t know 😂

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Neilw420 wrote:

Also if I leave my water to sit the ph stabilises slightly lower so this could help I don’t know 😂
That will probably be the change in temperature of the water buddy.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
Neilw420 (Wed May 27, 2020 6:58 pm) • Tictok (Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:46 am)

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”