Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Grow tips/advice/suggestions? newbie

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Cam420

Re: Grow tips/advice/suggestions? newbie

Post by Cam420 »

Marcus wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:51 am
I'd just give them water next time they need it.

The GH feed IF FOR SOIL will be ok. Bloom for flowering, grow for veg. I'd say those don;t need much grub now till starting to flower, they seem happy and full up.
They should be cool with a couple of waterings till they start showing pistils, then give them a dose of grow and then commence on the bloom next watering.
Yes they need feeding, but not at the moment, I'd err on the side of caution.

I have done A+B for coco in soil before in the past and it works, but I do prefer a specific soil feed.
I’ve given them clean water just now and I’m trying out a 450ml water every 3/5 days depending on how dry it is.

The top leaves have started to turn light green, is that the plant recovering from the nitrogen toxicity?
Or am I just overthinking? I’ve also raised the light to 34 inches above canopy.

Had a few fungus gnats, have used some bugclear (fruit and veg) on the lower leaves and killed the ones I could see. Any home treatments that would help?

Thanks bud

MrNice wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:35 pm
autos lighting iver 18/6 or 20/4 or bang them out on 24hrs no sleep period its upto you im on 20/4 with my autos plants look ok tho bro no worries
I might try a longer light schedule then, I did 24hr on my first grow but my grow space is in my bedroom so the fans tend to stop me getting to sleep, so I’m thinking of getting a timer to accurately do it, then it can turn on after I’ve fallen asleep 😂
Thanks

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

Marcus wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:42 pm
Those light green leaves are new growth and look spot on.

Yes, soak the soil whenever it's dry, plants do well with a wet and dry cycle of watering. - I've got a couple of issues with a plant at the moment, I've had coco plants in the tent so have got into the watering EVERYDAY habit and it's knocked onto my mud pots. These plants don't like it constantly damp in the soil. Ooops. :lol:

But they look cool, when ready to feed them bloom nutes, I'd feed them... then next watering give them plain water, then feed, then water etc. If they get hungry you may have to feed every watering, but you'll soon know if they are in need of a spot of lunch. :oik!:
Glad to hear, they deffo seem a lot happier now and starting to see some pistils on 2/4 of them, so will start giving some bloom nutes next feed I think.
I’m definelty gonna have to try coco next grow though heard good things from everyone.
I’m starting to get into a cycle now of about 450ml every few days and they deffo prefer it.

Yea soil can be annoying as I’m starting to find out, had a few fungus gnats hoping they won’t be a problem I’ve killed most and used some BugClear so hopefully won’t lay eggs.

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

ImageImageImage

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

As mentioned in the chat, you can also use products like tanlin that I think contains bacillus thuringiensis. I've used tanlin with gnatnix, yellow traps and smoke bombs when dealing with a massive infestation and that killed that bastards off pretty quickly. But that was an all out assault lol you don't have to be that extreme.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Cam420 (Mon May 18, 2020 12:25 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

Marcus wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:02 pm
Cam420 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Grab yourself some neem oil if you're going to carry on growing in soil. A teaspoon in some water and drench the pot with it should kill all the larvae in there. Do that a couple of times and you should eradicate most of the gnats.
I use yellow sticky traps too, they love them things. I can also recommend spending £1.50 on a small pack of predator mites too for every couple of plants each grow. :oik!: Gotta be one step ahead of these bugs, luckily I have had no bug problems since going back to soil.

Just a heads up, you don;t want to be spraying bug clear on anything flowering.
I’ll order some of those sticky traps they sound useful, and I’ll take that into account with the bug clear - I only used a little on the lower leaves but definitely don’t want to take any risks with that.
Is neem oil expensive? and is it going to affect anything else like PH?
grumpygrower wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:50 pm
As mentioned in the chat, you can also use products like tanlin that I think contains bacillus thuringiensis. I've used tanlin with gnatnix, yellow traps and smoke bombs when dealing with a massive infestation and that killed that bastards off pretty quickly. But that was an all out assault lol you don't have to be that extreme.
I’m praying that I’ve got lucky and it seems I might have because I’ve not seen any for a couple days now, but I’m deffo gonna go on the safe side and order a few things just in case. Sand sounds like a good option too if it suffocates them.

Also while I’m here are there any quick fix solutions to high humidity? It’s averaging about 60% right now but borderline 70% sometimes, problem being I’m growing in a wardrobe so no extractor fan. So I try to leave the doors open with a fan blowing out the door but it doesn’t work massively well.
Without spending much is there some sort of magic solution? Would be nice 😂
I’ve considered maybe silica packets or gel in the room?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Cam420 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:36 am
Marcus wrote:
Cam420 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Grab yourself some neem oil if you're going to carry on growing in soil. A teaspoon in some water and drench the pot with it should kill all the larvae in there. Do that a couple of times and you should eradicate most of the gnats.
I use yellow sticky traps too, they love them things. I can also recommend spending £1.50 on a small pack of predator mites too for every couple of plants each grow. :oik!: Gotta be one step ahead of these bugs, luckily I have had no bug problems since going back to soil.

Just a heads up, you don;t want to be spraying bug clear on anything flowering.
I’ll order some of those sticky traps they sound useful, and I’ll take that into account with the bug clear - I only used a little on the lower leaves but definitely don’t want to take any risks with that.
grumpygrower wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:50 pm
I’m praying that I’ve got lucky and it seems I might have because I’ve not seen any for a couple days now, but I’m deffo gonna go on the safe side and order a few things just in case. Sand sounds like a good option too if it suffocates them.

Also while I’m here are there any quick fix solutions to high humidity? It’s averaging about 60% right now but borderline 70% sometimes, problem being I’m growing in a wardrobe so no extractor fan. So I try to leave the doors open with a fan blowing out the door but it doesn’t work massively well.
No quick-fix for that I'm afraid. You could try the moisture traps but when they get going, I don't think they will be effective enough.

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

grumpygrower wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:43 am
Cam420 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:36 am
Marcus wrote:

No quick-fix for that I'm afraid. You could try the moisture traps but when they get going, I don't think they will be effective enough.
Ok for now I’ve just left the doors open and my curtains closed and I seem to be managing it ok, it’s just mainly after watering so should be ok I hope.

I’ve started giving them their first bloom nutes today, they all seem to be starting preflower.
The critical Kush that I had problems with nitrogen toxicity, is still clawing but all the other have recovered well. I’ve not noticed much new leaf growth but I can see quite a few bud sites popping up so does that mean I’m going into flower fully now?
Some lower leaves on the purple punch (shortest growing cycle) are turning yellow and shrivelling, if I remember from last time that’s normal right?

Asides from that they’re looking healthy I’m really pleased with them so far, slowly starting to smell as well. Every now and then I just catch a little scent and it smells amazing
ImageImageImageImageImage :Stoned:

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

Nearly on week 5 now and they’re starting to smell amazing, the first pistils on the Skittlez even look slightly purple 8-)
With this weather the last few days I’ve been having to manage the humidity more but they seem to be doing fine.
I’ve also started trying Stress training now, For the first time - any pointers? I’ve used para cord for now and just loosely tied the main cola down away from the others and tried to give them plenty of growing room and light, do they need to be readjusted after a few days ?
Finally, the lower leaves have started to turn yellow. I emerge from last time this is normal near to flowering but I thought it was closer to the end of flowering? I’ve only just started producing pistils a couple days ago.
The leaves look yellow, brown spots, crispy and dry.
Also I haven’t been able to get sticky traps yet so I’ve used a yellow ruler with double sided tape for the meantime.

ImageImageImageImageImage
These users thanked the author Cam420 for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Sat May 23, 2020 11:22 pm)

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

These users thanked the author Cam420 for the post (total 2):
kbag (Wed May 20, 2020 8:34 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Sat May 23, 2020 11:22 pm)

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

ImageImageImage
These users thanked the author Cam420 for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Sat May 23, 2020 11:22 pm)

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”