Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

What happenes when cannabis gets too much light?

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Northsouthcollective
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What happenes when cannabis gets too much light?

Post by Northsouthcollective »

Anything upto 2000 umols/m2/second is acceptable (obviously during veg, much lower is needed). Plant yields increase linearly with light intensity, up to around 1500 umols/m2/second, but is not affected by the spectrum. Therefore, intensity alone is what is said to determine yield... This is from a recent study that was done in Canada by a 3rd party at an official company, not just plucked from thin air or word of mouth

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

, note the white light bleached tips
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Okay I am back on that subject with some personal experience. I can confirm that too much light is actually stressing the shit out of young plants/cuttings. People should be very careful when choosing an LED for young plants. Some of the proper LED panels like Invisible Sun can be very powerful even on minimum setting of 90w. This time I've rooted my cuttings under a 4W bulb and once all rooted, they went under an older LED 100W panel I have which produces purple light. They definitely look better. That shows how the new quantum boards from Invisible Sun produce so much more efficient light for the plant(at the right stage) from 90w rather than the old purple panel which produces 100w which obviously the plant doesn't really need. It's all about finding the balanace and not waste energy

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Bulls wrote:Okay I am back on that subject with some personal experience. I can confirm that too much light is actually stressing the shit out of young plants/cuttings. People should be very careful when choosing an LED for young plants. Some of the proper LED panels like Invisible Sun can be very powerful even on minimum setting of 90w. This time I've rooted my cuttings under a 4W bulb and once all rooted, they went under an older LED 100W panel I have which produces purple light. They definitely look better. That shows how the new quantum boards from Invisible Sun produce so much more efficient light for the plant(at the right stage) from 90w rather than the old purple panel which produces 100w which obviously the plant doesn't really need. It's all about finding the balanace and not waste energy
Well said bulls, I've also stopped using my led for veg altogether. This time they're under 300 watts of metal halide and loving it

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”