Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Easy Training Guide

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Bulls
Coco Grower

Easy Training Guide

Post by Bulls »

Hello Grow Room 420!

There are many training guides but I've decided to show you how I do it and explain it as simple as possible.

We all know how important is to train your plants when you're growing indoors to be able to make the most of your growing space and light.

I've always found training a plant from seed to be easier than from a clone. Simply because of the structure of the plant but the idea is always the same.

The first thing I always do is top the plant after the 4th or 5th node. That will depend on the strain and how much head room I have. If I need the plant to be shorter I will top after the 4th node.

Topping is very easy. you simply remove the new TOP growth after the 4 node of leaves. This way your plant will have 2 tops instead of only 1 and you can easily bend them and tie them down.

So this is the first step you do. Remove the top on the main stem to form 2 main colas.

The second step will be to do another topping on the side branches. The idea is the same as above.

Once you have done that you need to let them grow a little bit. When the first two colas on Photo N1 have grown much above the others, simply tie them down to the pots using Pipe Cleaners. Be careful not to snap the shoots.

Once the plants are big enough and allow you to tie all branches down, you do it! Open the plant so more light can penetrate the lower growth and reach the top of the plant. You will be surprised how many new tops will appear once light gets to the inside of the plant.

As the plant grows you might need to adjust the pipe cleaners and pull some branches down as some grow quicker than others but in the end you will have perfectly levelled canopy.

These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
flip (Wed May 27, 2020 3:13 pm)

hotshot
Has thanked: 0

Re: Easy Training Guide

Post by hotshot »

Bulls wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:04 pm
Hello Grow Room 420!

There are many training guides but I've decided to show you how I do it and explain it as simple as possible.

We all know how important is to train your plants when you're growing indoors to be able to make the most of your growing space and light.
I've always found training a plant from seed to be easier than from a clone. Simply because of the structure of the plant but the idea is always the same.

The first thing I always do is top top the plant after the 4th or 5th node. That will depend on the strain and how much head room I have. If I need the plant to be shorter I will top after the 4th node.

Topping is very easy. you simply remove the new TOP growth after the 4 node of leaves. This way your plant will have 2 tops instead of only 1 and you can easily bend them and time them down.

So this is the first step you do. Remove the top on the main stem to form 2 main colas.

The second step will be to do another topping on the side branches. The idea is the same as above.

Once you have done that you need to let them grow a little bit . When the first two colas on Photo N1 have grown much above the others, simply tie them down to the pots using Pipe Cleaners. Be careful not to snap the shoots.

Once the plants are big enough and allow you to tie all branches down, you do it! Open the plant so more light can penetrate the lower growth and reach the top of the plant. You will be surprised how many new tops will appear once light gets to the inside of the plant.

As the plant grows you might need to adjust the pipe cleaners and pull some branches down as some grow quicker than others but in the end you will have perfectly leveled canopy.

Some good easy to read instruction there Bulls. Nice post, thanks. :D

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Thanks mate. Tried to write it down as simple as possible and I hope it helps few people.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Well put together Bulls a very nice read indeed,

everydays a learning day here on the forum

Smokey = )
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

i spy
Has thanked: 0

Post by i spy »

very helpful mate

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Bloody hell! I've been looking for concise and straight forward topping instructions or a video as I want to top my new grow.

These are the best I've read, and I've read tonnes over the last few days. Cheers bulls! Thanking you kindly.

'free your mind and your ass will follow'

diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Very good info, I'm still too lazy tho hahaha - trying to get the wife to do more so I can do less as we speak :D
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:16 pm
Bloody hell! I've been looking for concise and straight forward topping instructions or a video as I want to top my new grow.

These are the best I've read, and I've read tonnes over the last few days. Cheers bulls! Thanking you kindly.

'free your mind and your ass will follow'
Hello buddy. Glad you find it helpful. If you got any questions, just ask buddy.
Black Grouse wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm
Very good info, I'm still too lazy tho hahaha - trying to get the wife to do more so I can do less as we speak :D
you lazy Grouse...lol but if you can, why not? hahah

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

It's usually us that make things simple buddy. Germination method is like every other seed, then goes into a medium and here we go :)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Looks like you're doing everything by the book buddy. Keep going and let us see the plants. Best if you switch the led light off when taking picturea and use your camera flash.

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”