Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

LED grow lights in a 2x4 tent

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
The Daze
Known User

LED grow lights in a 2x4 tent

Post by The Daze »

Okay growers! I have a comparison question. I’m looking for the best LED setup for a 2x4 tent. I intend to start off with 1-3 off plants as my first go around.

I’ve heard good and bad about Mars Hydro, Vivosun, Visparspectra, SpiderFarmer and many other using the “Samsung LH301b/h” diodes.

I’m looking into the green sunshine company and their Electric Sky 300 v3 LED lights … I know famous YouTubers like MrCanuck and MrGrowIt utilize these lights … I’ve seen great yields on Instagram…

This is a long term purchase for my lighting needs as it’s a serious investment for my medicinal growing needs.

Does anyone have any recommendations I may have not considered? I’m looking to maximize my yields ina little space without buying the wrong kind of lights!!

Thank you kindly for all your feedback and advice!
Photo of screenshot for attention and discussion of tech for our plants! 🪴

I know most members being in the UK …have the amazing @Invisible Sun LED lights yet I’m unsure how those specs would translate over as well as I’m in the USA…

Who knows… maybe I can also win a light… December isn’t over yet!! ✨🙌🙌✨

So just kicking out thoughts for my upcoming grow…
~Daze
These users thanked the author The Daze for the post:
anova.330 (Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:43 pm)
✨✨✨🌱🌱🌻💛🌻🌱🌱✨✨✨
we are on our way to growing beautiful cannabis
Be Well. Keep it Green. Blessed by Cannabis.
Our Current Garden:
NEW GROW SOON
|*Latest Grow Out*|

🌈💚🌻🌱🌈

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
anova.330
Respected Member

Re: LED grow lights in a 2x4 tent

Post by anova.330 »

I use California light work CLW 550. I would not recommend these. Ideally you want something to span that 4 foot width.
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post:
The Daze (Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:23 pm)
#growingwitheagle #crystals #petioles #eagleproudwarriortheproject #weednerdworld
#potectDiscord

Wardrobe Farming

Post by Wardrobe Farming »

I have 2 fixtures from kingbrite (alibaba supplier), a sp150 from marshydro and just bought a spider farmer sf100 to fill the gap in my groom. The extra money to go with invisiblesun would have gave me peace of mind should I have needed a return or have any issues I know I could have reached out, don't think it will be the same with my Chinese manufacturers. That being said thankfully all my lights have performed really well. Alibaba was easier than I thought, priced well and running over a year, marshydro has been running for close to 2 years with 0 issues and my spiderfarmer is new but I have only heard good things about them. When looking at led lights I found a few visparspectras with faulty or humming drivers (on ebay)so I might not be as confident with them or maybe I just got lucky with my lights and was looking at a bad time for them. It really is a minefield and I feel your pain. If I had to do it all again I would love an oversized bar setup with a good efficiency rating making sure to reach the full width of my space(mainly because I have hight restrictions it suits me better). Sorry for the long speech.
These users thanked the author Wardrobe Farming for the post:
The Daze (Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:53 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Hey daze

You see Rassensi lights cheap as and as you can see hes doing pretty well with them

Fecida 600w £50 each three or four of those would do i guess

https://growroom420.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=320

get em on amazon
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
The Daze (Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 pm) • Wardrobe Farming (Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 pm)

The Daze
Known User

Post by The Daze »

I appreciate y’all’s advice and experiences! I’ve heard the horror stories of growers getting the wrong kinda lights setup and wasting grows
I will look into those ya recommend

I’d rather put in the moneys towards something g I know comes from a good warranty and not overseas… like china… with the exception of Invisible Sun— a future goal to save towards— euros are expensive compared to our US paper money lmao 🤣
These users thanked the author The Daze for the post (total 3):
MrNice (Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:01 pm) • Wardrobe Farming (Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:03 pm) • anova.330 (Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:06 am)

Wardrobe Farming

MrNice wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 pm
Hey daze

You see Rassensi lights cheap as and as you can see hes doing pretty well with them

get em on amazon
As much as they are sold as "cr600" looking like 600w they only pull 120w each from the wall. I'm not 100% sure but it also looks like older led technology, hence the need for a inbuilt fan. I could be wrong on that one but just wanted to make sure you have all the info you can get.
Absolutely no hate 💚 I'm sure they will grow some decent plants if used right. Just maybe not the most efficient 🤷

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Wardrobe Farming wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 pm
MrNice wrote:
Hey daze

get em on amazon
As much as they are sold as "cr600" looking like 600w they only pull 120w each from the wall. I'm not 100% sure but it also looks like older led technology, hence the need for a inbuilt fan. I could be wrong on that one but just wanted to make sure you have all the info you can get.
Absolutely no hate 💚 I'm sure they will grow some decent plants if used right. Just maybe not the most efficient 🤷
Yeah hear what ya saying WF not 600w as claimed but to me proof is in the pudding

Ive got a ching chong light 300w same foot print as ras one aswell as an invisible sun ish150 pro and so far the cheaper light has produced the best weed

Sorry brother ras borrowed ya pic to show

Wardrobe Farming

MrNice wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:41 pm
Wardrobe Farming wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 pm
MrNice wrote:
Hey daze

get em on amazon
Yeah hear what ya saying WF not 600w as claimed but to me proof is in the pudding

Ive got a ching chong light 300w same foot print as ras one aswell as an invisible sun ish150 pro and so far the cheaper light has produced the best weed

Sorry brother ras borrowed ya pic to show
I don't doubt it, I just want anyone and everyone to make a informed decision 👍

Ancient.Soul.Grown

Post by Ancient.Soul.Grown »

Invisible Sun honestly... amazing!!!

Link to site on the right size of the page.

Defo consider them as an option.... suuuperb build... quality diodes...

and no i am not sponsored... but i wouldnt say no if they asked :)

ASG
These users thanked the author Ancient.Soul.Grown for the post (total 2):
Wardrobe Farming (Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:41 pm) • The Daze (Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:28 am)

Ancient.Soul.Grown

Post by Ancient.Soul.Grown »

I had a look for you.... soooo shiney

ISH265 V3 Evo is an option

or ISH F BAR another option.

I'm sure they would also give you a small discount... top guys.

ASG
These users thanked the author Ancient.Soul.Grown for the post:
The Daze (Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:28 am)

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”