Welcome to the Cannabis Germination & Propagation section. In this section you can find information and ask questions regarding the germination of cannabis seeds as well as propagation and the different techniques use to germinate cannabis seeds. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Jiffy peat and coco

A place to get info and discuss germination of cannabis seeds
Nom
Known User

Jiffy peat and coco

Post by Nom »

Am i likely to ecounter any problems or is there anything i should know about if i germ seeds or put cuttings into the peat jiffys and then pot up into coco using coco A&B nutes from start to finish? Or am i just worrying about nothing

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: Jiffy peat and coco

Post by kbag »

Just worrying about nothing Dan. I have often started my seedlings in soil and then potted into coco never had a problem doing so.I have used a 1/2 to 1 liter pot then pot up into coco from soil so i can not see a jiffy pellet causing no issues.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 3):
Nom (Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:09 am) • Hmr81 (Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:40 am) • 2-Scoops (Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Lovely cheers Kbag
I better get germing then
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
kbag (Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:10 am) • seymore_budz (Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:06 am)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I use jiffy pellets with relative success..but I think recently I've been making a mistake whereby I put more water on top straight after I bury it thinking it won't be moist enough, which in turn compresses the seed in the pellet and either takes a long time like 10 days to pop or I dig it up after 10 days and break the taproot.

I've just put another one in and now I use a mist spray if I am concerned about it overdrying.

I could have sworn the pellets were easiest things to germ in..when i first started anyway, maybe its just me doing it wrong :lol: we'll see..trial and error

Wake_n_bake73

Post by Wake_n_bake73 »

I am currently doing my first grow in coco coir I have previously only used soil but I got some coco coir jiffy pellets and all went well I did read that using soil jiffy pellets was OK with coco coir anyway
:roll: :Stoned: :roll:

Return to “Cannabis Germination & Propagation”