Welcome to the Cannabis Germination & Propagation section. In this section you can find information and ask questions regarding the germination of cannabis seeds as well as propagation and the different techniques use to germinate cannabis seeds. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Seedling Growth

A place to get info and discuss germination of cannabis seeds
The Daze
Known User

Seedling Growth

Post by The Daze »

Out of curiosity.... I planted two bag seeds.

If they both sprout why would one grow bigger and faster than the other?

-Daze
✨✨✨🌱🌱🌻💛🌻🌱🌱✨✨✨
we are on our way to growing beautiful cannabis
Be Well. Keep it Green. Blessed by Cannabis.
Our Current Garden:
NEW GROW SOON
|*Latest Grow Out*|

🌈💚🌻🌱🌈

The Daze
Known User

Re: Seedling Growth

Post by The Daze »

I believe they may be reg seeds. I know they came from a homegrown strain of Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold. My growmie said they had come from a herm plant... That had mixed with some chemdog they had going....

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

It can easily be a matter if it being multiple phenotypes of the strain. I have a few examples of that this year, same strain but very different growth patterns. That being said if they are reg seeds, keep an extra good I am on any that are growing tall and fast with increased internodal distances. In my experience males tend to grow tall quickly, because they’re kind of program to try and get up over the females around them to affectively spread their pollen. I would never pull a plant based on growth characteristics, but I definitely have found that they are the ones to watch and a good percentage of the time My guesses end up being right
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

The Daze
Known User

Post by The Daze »

Thanks josh.... Thats great advice

Also i know latitude and weather can play a role. I live at a 37 degree mark, i started late this year with all my seeds. I have plans to pop a few more. Any other winnings will have to wait for my eventual indoor setup next year....or sooner if i win an epic comp or two....

We have great weather through mid October into November when it starts to really chill down under 60's.... Given the weather patterns... Can i expect a good enough time to grow to harvest?

My seedlings are like 12 days old. Just budding the 3 prong leaves...

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Hey Daze, it could be a number of things and it's always hard to tell what may be causing it too. Seeds are not always equal and you will get differences in phenotypes. Saying that, from experience, seeds normally grow uniformed until they hit the real growth stage and then I normally see individual traits show.

Check this picture out.

The small one at the back is about 10 days older than the front two and the same age as the one on he back right. Same strain but different seed.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Cannabis Germination & Propagation”