Welcome to the Cannabis Germination & Propagation section. In this section you can find information and ask questions regarding the germination of cannabis seeds as well as propagation and the different techniques use to germinate cannabis seeds. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Germinating in Paper idea

A place to get info and discuss germination of cannabis seeds
Point 5
Respected Member

Germinating in Paper idea

Post by Point 5 »

OK so hang in with me here. i'm stoned and pondered a while....

i'm using this place a a note for ideas and my grows as well as saying hi to everyone.

ive been thinking that germination in paper towel is best way forward.

You can make paper out of hemp with is basically a boring version of what we grow lol . so if i could make paper and put a seed in it then soak it would it be better off as its already surrounded by its own sort of material?

After we have cropped this grow i'm going to try and make paper out of the stems and have a go so stay tuned and see what happens!
These users thanked the author Point 5 for the post:
Son Goku XD (Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:07 pm)
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Germinating in Paper idea

Post by 2-Scoops »

I use a wet bit of kitchen roll (the good stuff that doesnt turn to mush when soaked) to germ seeds , i just put seeds between wet towel, cover it up and stick it in a draw and once the first root shows after 2 or 3 days it gets planted out into coco or a grow cube. I see a few do a similar way but stand it vertical up straight in a CD case tbh though i don`t see a difference vertically or horiziontally in time it takes to germ.

I would think soaking the wet paper paper towel in a bit of diluted baby bio, superthrive or b1 vits then the seed may possibly germ quicker but at end of day if seeds are germing in 2 or 3 days do you really need to speed things up.

If you could make the hemp paper then yes it may work ok but theirs not gonna be any difference is their from any other way of germing seeds, if it`s gonna germ it will at end of shift be that in some shit roll or hemp paper, no difference imo.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
wutang (Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:28 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Mini-G-Star
Respected Member

Post by Mini-G-Star »

Interesting thought there but no idea if it would benefit or not. I struggle to germinate as it is lol
These users thanked the author Mini-G-Star for the post:
Son Goku XD (Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:08 pm)
"It's not about how hard you can hit; it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I soak mine in a small bowl of water for around 24 hours. I may help them sink after around 12 hours by trying to dunk them.

After 24 hours or so, if they have sunk, they get transferred to a wet paper towel and placed either inside an empty margarine tub or a sandwich bag and placed on top of the sky box for a little warmth.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Son Goku XD (Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:08 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Son Goku XD

Post by Son Goku XD »

Nice idea buds😁
These users thanked the author Son Goku XD for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:20 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Germination & Propagation”