Welcome to the Cannabis Germination & Propagation section. In this section you can find information and ask questions regarding the germination of cannabis seeds as well as propagation and the different techniques use to germinate cannabis seeds. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Germinating help in final 5l pot with Light Mix (Auto)

A place to get info and discuss germination of cannabis seeds
wutang
Known User

Germinating help in final 5l pot with Light Mix (Auto)

Post by wutang »

Hey guys

So I'm done with those jiffy pellet things..

I'm going to start an auto straight in its final 5l pot as its going into a small area (gq60). I am using biobizz light mix that hasn't been fully saturated yet as I know it can drown the seed and lead to root rot and stunted growth etc

My plan is to wet the soil just around where the seed will be going in, probably around 100ml, dig a 1cm hole, pop the seed in and create a dome from the top of a 500ml water bottle to give it some humidity.

Does anyone use this method? Or is there a better way of doing it with almost guaranteed success all the time? Perhaps wet paper towel it first, then bury it? :idn:

I'm open to suggestions as I killed the last seed in the pellet and the high temps around 26/27 fried the first small leaves and its dead. No growth for like 3 days.

Thanks in advance

Wu
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 2):
Mrs Beefheart (Mon May 17, 2021 10:42 pm) • Jayme Ream (Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:23 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Germinating help in final 5l pot with Light Mix (Auto)

Post by MommaB »

I normally always go with a 12 out soak then wet paper towel in a zippy. I’ve had a great success rate with that. I’ve tried pellets as well and they are ok but soaking and zippy has always been my go to
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
wutang (Mon May 17, 2021 10:29 pm) • Jayme Ream (Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:23 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Momma bear wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:52 pm
I normally always go with a 12 out soak then wet paper towel in a zippy. I’ve had a great success rate with that. I’ve tried pellets as well and they are ok but soaking and zippy has always been my go to
Thanks Momma B. I took my seed out today from the pot..after 3 days there was nothing. I put it inbetween a paper towel and within 4 hours a tap root emerged. I think I've had good success with this method before for now Im sticking to it. Saves the guessing in jiffys and soil. Hopefully tomorrow its ready to go into the pot.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Jayme Ream (Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:23 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:56 pm
wutang wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:31 pm
Momma bear wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:52 pm
Thanks Momma B. I took my seed out today from the pot..after 3 days there was nothing. I put it inbetween a paper towel and within 4 hours a tap root emerged. I think I've had good success with this method before for now Im sticking to it. Saves the guessing in jiffys and soil. Hopefully tomorrow its ready to go into the pot.
Sorry Wu-tang, only saw this thread now. I too like the paper towel method. I'm mid editing on a tutorial video I've made about germination and different methods, in a nutshell, I'm sticking with my paper towel in a baggie method. Regardless of what works best for a person, if it works, stick with it :puff puff:
No sweat brother man. Yeah this was my first ever method when I was a newbie. But then for a short period whilst I was doing NFT, because of the transfer into rockwool cubes, I was using pellets with good success. But recently I've failed miserably with them. Maybe its the seeds or genetics..:idn:
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Jayme Ream (Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:23 pm)

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

Hi mate,

I am new here also, but what i did was;

Pop seeds in a shot glass of warm ish water for around 16 hours, then transferred them to some damp (not wet) paper towel and then folded inside a sandwich bag with a few small air gaps left open. I then put the sandwich bags into the airing cupboard in the dark and warm, when I noticed a taproot starting to come out I watered roughly 100ml into a small hole (roughly first knuckle of my little finger) then planted directly into final pot with tap root facing down. Covered lightly with a small amount of the light mix and then popped a see through solo cup over it as a humidity dome.

As I said I'm still new to this I've just gone by what I've researched but I hope this helps!

Return to “Cannabis Germination & Propagation”