Odor Control

A place to discuss growing security
wutang
Known User

Odor Control

Post by wutang »

Hey guys

Just wondering what you guys uses to control odor outside the groom?

I currently use Ona Mist 170g in an auto dispenser which sprays every 30mins. In a space of a single garage.

I'm thinking I need one of those ona buckets with a fan.

Just wondering whether you guys use anything else or other brands?

Thanks
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 4):
2-Scoops (Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:25 pm) • Keeno (Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:05 pm) • PaleoCannabica (Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:09 pm) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:58 pm)

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Nom
Known User

Re: Odor Control

Post by Nom »

Anything and everything if i have to mate, the ona works ok but the best thing i ever did was get a spare filter fan combo i can chuck anywhere in an emergency. That coupled with a grow gadgets plug in ozone jobby pretty much cures all ills, only really need the spare fan and filter for problem times though, handy for peace of mind come choppy time too. I do put a filter at both ends of my fan though and change the one in the tent every year, afaik it can stress the fan though but i expect the revolution vector to cope with it considering what they cost
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 5):
wutang (Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:44 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:31 pm) • Keeno (Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:05 pm) • Minty (Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:49 pm) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:14 pm
Hey guys

Just wondering what you guys uses to control odor outside the groom?

I currently use Ona Mist 170g in an auto dispenser which sprays every 30mins. In a space of a single garage.

I'm thinking I need one of those ona buckets with a fan.

Just wondering whether you guys use anything else or other brands?

Thanks
Iff your using a fan and filter ? Worried about odd stink and tbh iff you`ve set it up right their shouldnt be a smell and only time you get odd stink is when you open growroom door. But yes just stick an ona block in the outlet ducting part of your extraction. :oik!:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 6):
Keeno (Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:05 pm) • MrNice (Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:23 pm) • wutang (Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:09 pm) • Elijah Growz (Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:24 pm) • Minty (Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:49 pm) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

As 2-Scoops says if you are set up right only time you will get the leak is when the doors are wide open for feeding etc.

If you have to have the door open or are talking emergency/harvest type situation then a large pot on the hob with 50/50 curry sauce and water boiling on high and that will stink the next 3 houses out with curry smell. If you got a patio regular buckets of a strong bleach mixture chucked out there and that's all the neighbours will be smelling.

If you just want something to help mask feeding times ive found certain Yankee candles to do a really good job. Any of the cinnamon ones truly stink the house out.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 4):
wutang (Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:10 pm) • TheCloudyChef (Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 pm) • Minty (Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:49 pm) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 pm)

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

I just have a fan and carbon filter in my room with no ducting. It sits on the ground and shoots the air upwards in the room. I have an eight inch and six inch, but haven’t needed to run both yet. I’ve been pretty surprised that it keeps the smell away. I have quite a bit of flower in there too. Also, no door on the room. Just have a blanket up, because I didn’t have room to open the door and needed to run the portable AC duct out of the room. The portable AC duct can put out a little smell, but I just run it into a room with an essential oil diffuser and that definitely masks the smell. Those diffusers can definitely be the dominant odor inside and outside of your house if you’re worried about weed smell. I’ve been kind of shocked honestly. Fourteen plants in there and no odor problems outside the room.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post (total 2):
wutang (Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:06 am) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:08 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Exactly what I meant.. i.e feeding and harvest. Cheers lads. Funnily ive got a block that was sent by mistake instead of a mist. Hello block. Meet Mr Duct
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:18 pm)

Ghost_In_A_Jar

Post by Ghost_In_A_Jar »

I use Ona gel and a couple of carbon filters. Seems to keep most of the smell under control for me.

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

never had an issue with Smell in my shed, the carbon filter seems to do the trick to be honest.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
Elijah Growz (Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:24 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Paul_led
Respected Member

Post by Paul_led »

Ok so here’s my input , a correctly set up carbon filter with negative pressure in the tent should leak no smell at all ,
BUT ! And this is what always amuses me , how many of you guys are seriously ass twitchy about smell leaks from your grow area , ........ but then sits in the house windows open , or in the garden smoking a fatty ?
I have 3 mates and all ended up getting busted for growing for doing just this .
One mate was as unlucky to be sat on his front smoking when 2 pcso ( pretend popo) walked past . The numpty had left the blinds open upstairs and they clocked the tent, week later knock on the door warrant , he had a bedroom full

Paul
These users thanked the author Paul_led for the post (total 2):
Minty (Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:51 pm) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:08 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Paul_led wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:35 pm
Ok so here’s my input , a correctly set up carbon filter with negative pressure in the tent should leak no smell at all ,
BUT ! And this is what always amuses me , how many of you guys are seriously ass twitchy about smell leaks from your grow area , ........ but then sits in the house windows open , or in the garden smoking a fatty ?
I have 3 mates and all ended up getting busted for growing for doing just this .
One mate was as unlucky to be sat on his front smoking when 2 pcso ( pretend popo) walked past . The numpty had left the blinds open upstairs and they clocked the tent, week later knock on the door warrant , he had a bedroom full

Paul
Nail on the head Paul, dont get me wrong a grow smells more than a joint but people who haven't grown wouldn't know the difference. Shit news about your mates getting done though. If it does go legal here to at least smoke, it will change that hopefully. Since i stopped smoking green and only use oil my sense of smell for green went through the roof, the smells i notice now when i water or someone else is smoking local is mad, never noticed em before.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:25 pm) • Minty (Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:51 pm)

Return to “Growing Security”