Site Admin

Re: Tip #1 - Ventilation & Odour Control

Post by Keeno »

GMOGreen wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:45 pm
Keeno wrote:
GMOGreen wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:24 pm
Sorry, stress was the wrong word. I meant load but as you say, running at lower speed will do similar I guess

I do find running my 4 inch fan with 6 inch ducting reduces "woosh" noise tho

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Was thinking that, as the one thing ive never had fail is a rvk, luckily a good brand isnt expensive with this, the system air are spot on. As for the load ive heard that using the higher diameter can indeed reduce noise, but i think it will also reduce airflow. If thats the desired effect id go with the insulated ducting and a silencer.
Interesting

You mention reduced airflow but I would be inclined to say volume of air moved would still be dictated by your fan?

The higher diameter / volume of the larger ducting may have a lower flow rate but the capacity being higher means the fan would still move the same volume of air just at lower velocity?

Yep i agree, brain fart there I think. As BG says it's same with filter. Never attempted it, bit anal about how it all looks lol, like it all sleek and inline. But makes sense.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

bit off topic, but has anyone ( dangerous before you consider ) tried venting through sewerage? Obvious methane issues but been told if done right its extremely effective
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

Black Grouse wrote:bit off topic, but has anyone ( dangerous before you consider ) tried venting through sewerage? Obvious methane issues but been told if done right its extremely effective
Where are you thinking of venting soil stack or into a drain manhole?

Sent from a green and pleasant land

Donks
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Donks »

GMOGreen wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:24 pm
Bulls wrote:I wouldn't imagine the fan is stressing too much mate … I mean they are designed for the size outlet. The best thing to do for your fan is to run it through a controller. Reducing the fan speed will make it last longer :)
Sorry, stress was the wrong word. I meant load but as you say, running at lower speed will do similar I guess

I do find running my 4 inch fan with 6 inch ducting reduces "woosh" noise tho

Gmo i am also oversized. Running 6" accoustic ducting on my 5" rvk. Good call mate it deffo helps!

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

B.G. wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm
Black Grouse wrote:bit off topic, but has anyone ( dangerous before you consider ) tried venting through sewerage? Obvious methane issues but been told if done right its extremely effective
Where are you thinking of venting soil stack or into a drain manhole?

Just a toilet without the u bend to stop smell.... obviously pressurized

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

There’s no danger as such and your waste/soil stack will have or should have a secondary ubend before it hits the main drain . The only problem I see is the way the pipe is designed your airflow will natural pushed down as it exits the ubend and will restrict you airflow as the rising pressure is being pushed back down by your fan . Would be ideal if the connection from the ubend pointed up and not down. Have a good check on the top of the soil stack to make sure it naturally vented and doesn’t have the cap on it which allows your drain to draw air but won’t let it out

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

Great read bull thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

Return to “Growing Security”