Raspberry Pi...

Joker59
Known User

Re: Raspberry Pi...

Post by Joker59 »

They are pretty cool. Can make it into a dope camera! My boy made all our lab cams using them. Can get the photo sensors real cheap too
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post (total 2):
Minty (Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:19 am) • Marcus (Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:34 am)
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

one word MINTY :lol:
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 3):
Joker59 (Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:42 pm) • Minty (Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:54 am) • Marcus (Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:34 am)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

You can also use some of them atleast to run scripts if you have any systems in your grow your may want to automate.
Minty (Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:19 am) • Marcus (Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:34 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:36 pm
So, my imac is jacked up on heroin and just beachballing me at the moment and I remembered I had a raspberry pi.

Its a 2GB Pi 4 .

Now my question is...

What the fuck can I do with it?

I know I can get on the web and play with programming... but does anyone have any good ideas of things to do with these things? Or are they just toys for kids basically?
Yo Marcus Mate,

Welcome to my world.

What do you do you want to do with it. I have a couple and use them as follows:-
  • Retro Pi - Think Arcade emulator which plays all the old Arcade ROMS, or the older consoles such as Amiga, N64, Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad, Dragon, If you have to remember it you can make it happen with a Raspberry Pi and a Wireless or Wired controller for real cheap.
  • Kodi - Think video streaming and you basically watch free pirate streams or valid sources, or even stream your own content. Another possibility a simple PI can do.
  • Minty Hydro - I use a Raspberry Pi ZERO W (the real small WIFI one) to host my web server and database etc for my growroom/build.
  • Minty - GrowRoom420 - Grow Tracking add on / automation idea - Use it host your own Grow Room with some custom sensors etc.
This is just a small sample of things you can do with that as you can install a full operating system on it (Usually Linux based but they now do a M$ Windows port for the memes).

So the question is more of "What the fook you wanna do wit it" ;o)
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 4):
Joker59 (Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 am) • Marcus (Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:34 am) • Bulls (Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:18 am) • MrNice (Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 pm)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:57 am
Thanks folks for the ideas.

Well, I can write a programme that says "Hello World" on it and that's about it. :idn:

See, the wifes nicked the moitor she used with it too so she can have 2 screens for work, so I was wondering if it's worth doing something with the pi and getting a new monitor for it. ? Or will it end up back in the draw in a few weeks time and i've got an unwanted monitor!

Nowt needs automating in my tent, I only sling them a bit of water and grub now and again... I'm organic too so the res feed would go off in 24hours after mixing, so can't set up an auto watering system. (and I'm not allowed a res upstairs due to the obvious leaking stuff that goes hand in hand with me and water butts!)

:idn: I think I had this dilemma when she got her new pc... That's why it got shoved in the draw. Maybe I should just shove it back in the draw and have a think about it! :lol:
You could break into a secure storage that holds record of all the debt and use it to hack the climate control and cook the servers! Sorry I’ve been watching Mr. Robot, if there’s nothing you need it for I don’t think it’s worth you buying a monitor right now, can always pull it back out in the future
Marcus (Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 am) • MrNice (Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 pm)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:25 am
Thejokerjosh59 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:05 am
You could break into a secure storage that holds record of all the debt and use it to hack the climate control and cook the servers! Sorry I’ve been watching Mr. Robot, if there’s nothing you need it for I don’t think it’s worth you buying a monitor right now, can always pull it back out in the future
I liked Mr Robot! :lol: That last season 4 got a bit freaky with the storyline. :oik!:

I suppose I could use it to learn more about programming stuff though. Or it can just replace this chromebook I use. Google are harvesting SO MUCH data from us. Be good to be rid of them.

I was looking at makimg a synth with it... ( some sort of noise maker)

I'm real into my soft synths, but my mac is where the software is and that's beachballing me! :suicide: So no music making for a while for Marcus.

MAybe I should just bite the bullet and replace the mac. :sad: :idn:
Great show, but yeah it was a trip. A synth would be awesome man or you can use it to jack subscription tv if you add a HDMI output to it lol

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Marcus wrote:
Google are harvesting SO MUCH data from us. Be good to be rid of them.
Bullshit mate, they are angels. Never collect any of your data :lol:
Can't even use speech-to-text without having active internet connection...as all your voice to text messages are saved on their server...

by the way...often when I ready Minty's info i scratch my head... :lol:

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Marcus wrote:
Thejokerjosh59 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:05 am
I liked Mr Robot! :lol: That last season 4 got a bit freaky with the storyline. :oik!:

I suppose I could use it to learn more about programming stuff though. Or it can just replace this chromebook I use. Google are harvesting SO MUCH data from us. Be good to be rid of them.

I was looking at makimg a synth with it... ( some sort of noise maker)

I'm real into my soft synths, but my mac is where the software is and that's beachballing me! :suicide: So no music making for a while for Marcus.

MAybe I should just bite the bullet and replace the mac. :sad: :idn:
Marcus brother you running Logic on your Mac for music....? :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I have a pi zero marcus, I use it as a dust collector :D
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
Marcus (Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:05 pm)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Cool

Marcus havent used Reason since version 5 hehehe mostly use my mates studio now make some tunes for fun he has logic running on his mac
hes got loads of software synths tons of plug ins
May be upgrade your mac HD to SSD mate it will bring back new life to your mac can send you a pm for a site for audio plugins where i know he D/L alot of music software from if your intrested .....try before you buy so to speak ....... :lol:

Return to “Non Canna Growing”