Wild flowers

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Re: Wild flowers

Post by Hobbit »

looks like potatoes mate, definitely a solonaceae id say. whole plant pic??

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

Hobbit wrote:looks like potatoes mate, definitely a solonaceae id say. whole plant pic??
You know I seen polly potatoes the other day a thought the leaf structure looked the same but funny enough I’d asked polly if she knew what it was . I’ll get a better picture once the weather brightens up a little . Thank you kindly hobbit

Sent from a green and pleasant land

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

yeah im almost certain mate, first glance thought Aubergine, was admiring the colour as Aubergine flowers are usually all purple /pink. Noticed the foliage after. In very good health by the looks bro.

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

Hobbit wrote:yeah im almost certain mate, first glance thought Aubergine, was admiring the colour as Aubergine flowers are usually all purple /pink. Noticed the foliage after. In very good health by the looks bro.
It’s my first summer in the new house and the garden is completely new to me as this is the first time I’ve seen it in bloom . Got and had some lovely flowers. Apple tree strawberry black berries raspberry and rhubarb. . You can tell the previous owners loved the garden

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Wow mte very nice, I see llilasia, maybe an orchit, camellia, dunno the top one but maybe some species of euphorbia. Luky man you are to have moved in on such beauty. That 3rd from the bottom mate is that a brunsfelsia, interesting shad of mauve if it is.

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

another unknown flower to me ,,. I’m sure Hobbit will know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

Hobbit wrote:looks like potatoes mate, definitely a solonaceae id say. whole plant pic??
potatoes and I’d agree with you hobbit but since I’m picking ya brains I’ve got these trees growing and again not sure what they are and are just going into bloom ? I also have a lovely butterfly bush it’s great to see the butterflies buzzing around it thanks for the help hobbit

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

B.G. wrote:
potatoes and I’d agree with you hobbit but since I’m picking ya brains I’ve got these trees growing and again not sure what they are and are just going into bloom ? I also have a lovely butterfly bush it’s great to see the butterflies buzzing around it thanks for the help hobbit

Some wicked looking flowers there BG nice one

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

B.G. wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:19 pm

potatoes and I’d agree with you hobbit but since I’m picking ya brains I’ve got these trees growing and again not sure what they are and are just going into bloom

Deffo potatoes mate, easy on the N now hard on the K. too much N will weaken them and give you dramas.

Next one is Hibiscus and the last one with the cool moths Im not sure bro, pics werent very clear my end. If you can get a nice close up of an individual flower from the inflorescence I may be able to identify the family and that should help track it down. My first thought was some type of Oleander.

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

Hobbit wrote:
B.G. wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:19 pm

potatoes and I’d agree with you hobbit but since I’m picking ya brains I’ve got these trees growing and again not sure what they are and are just going into bloom

Deffo potatoes mate, easy on the N now hard on the K. too much N will weaken them and give you dramas.

Next one is Hibiscus and the last one with the cool moths Im not sure bro, pics werent very clear my end. If you can get a nice close up of an individual flower from the inflorescence I may be able to identify the family and that should help track it down. My first thought was some type of Oleander.
Hibiscus as in the tea I’ve drank while in the Middle East ? I’m now hoping so I’ve not feed looked after the potatoes and didn’t even know they was planted there 🤪 only watered them upto now the plant with the butterflies on is commonly known as a butterfly bush but is a buddelia and I think was brought to the uk from North America but I’m probably wrong thanks again hobbit. I’m really keen to look after this garden and getting to know the names of the plants will really help when it comes to cutting them back and stuff

Return to “Non Canna Growing”