Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Planning for going organic/bio

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
TheCloudyChef

Planning for going organic/bio

Post by TheCloudyChef »

So I'm already planning my next grow to use up the nutes I have before going Completely Bio/Organic.

My current grow is with a Coco, compost , EcoThrive lifecycle and charge mix which has seemed to work well but then I started using An PH perfect which again for a 1st grow I've been reasonably happy with this said I have nothing to compare it too yet .

Once I've finished the nutes on my next run I really want to change it up and use nothing synthetic.

I was wondering if theres an organic / bio soil guru on here that will be prepared to possibly mentor me into this way of growing?

I can read and read and read but always doubt myself so looking for 121 guidance on how to achieve my goals from someone whose been there and can answer questions.

1st pic 18ltr pot WW Auto - 2 weeks past suppliers due date for chop but I feel 3 weeks away minimum

2nd pic 1.5ltr cut down coke btl same strain , she came down last Monday.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author TheCloudyChef for the post (total 5):
Guest (Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:21 pm) • TTL (Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:43 pm) • GMO (Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:44 pm) • Greenfingers (Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 am) • Twisted (Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:44 am)

Re: Planning for going organic/bio

Post by Guest »

TheCloudyChef wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 pm
So I'm already planning my next grow to use up the nutes I have before going Completely Bio/Organic.

My current grow is with a Coco, compost , EcoThrive lifecycle and charge mix which has seemed to work well but then I started using An PH perfect which again for a 1st grow I've been reasonably happy with this said I have nothing to compare it too yet .

Once I've finished the nutes on my next run I really want to change it up and use nothing synthetic.

I was wondering if theres an organic / bio soil guru on here that will be prepared to possibly mentor me into this way of growing?

I can read and read and read but always doubt myself so looking for 121 guidance on how to achieve my goals from someone whose been there and can answer questions.

1st pic 18ltr pot WW Auto - 2 weeks past suppliers due date for chop but I feel 3 weeks away minimum

2nd pic 1.5ltr cut down coke btl same strain , she came down last Monday.

ImageImage

@GMO has started his 1st organic grow. I'm on my 3rd in and about to start my next with a whole new approach. So I'll be pretty much in a similar position to you.

I'm going to be leaning on support from @GHO as his products and passion for what he does is amazing and he seems to put the buyer/customer 1st. All fantastic produce I've had so far. I'll be using his starter kit as a main base, find it on his website here:

https://www.greenhandorganic.com/a-recipe-for-success

I presume using ecothrive products you're in th UK?

I use the ecothrive perlite mix. But I'm moving away from that now. I'm using a coco straight, organic in a compressed block from Amazon for my next, then using GHO's buck wheat hulls for aeration which also adds silicon to add strength to cell walls too. May add a small amount of clay pebbles, but they're not that good for the environment I've heard nor sustainable. Then I'll use GHO's recepie with a few other goodies added into the biggest pots that will fit in. Oh and as many worm castings as I can afford, may even go 50/50 on that.

Hope this helps? ....or finds you a rabbit hole maybe lol.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
TheCloudyChef (Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:33 pm) • TTL (Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:43 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

whats your aim buddy. free/homemade plant available nutrients or more water only soil or living soil?
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:49 pm) • TheCloudyChef (Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

TheCloudyChef

Post by TheCloudyChef »

GMO wrote:whats your aim buddy. free/homemade plant available nutrients or more water only soil or living soil?
Morning buddy, My aim is to be living soil by the end of 2021,
That seems along way away but gives me time to put it together and for it to start doing its thing,
But would also be interested in free homemade nutes.
I've done small bit of reading regarding fermenting nettles.
Any and all help welcomed

These users thanked the author TheCloudyChef for the post (total 2):
GMO (Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:54 am) • Guest (Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:06 am)

Post by Guest »

TheCloudyChef wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 am
GMO wrote:whats your aim buddy. free/homemade plant available nutrients or more water only soil or living soil?
That seems along way away but gives me time to put it together and for it to start doing its thing,

I had this from GHO. He says if you use 40L pots or less, you will need to top up with a compost tea and/or some sort of ferment etc...... The smaller the pot, the more often you'll need to add extras to keep the microbial life and availability of nutritients.

Maybe worth while holding on to that thought?

Thats why I think it's best to do a little of both. Unless you're outside or in huge pots, which isn't likely indoors.

Its good to plan ahead, I failed to do that on my grow and I've paid the price for not having enough of my own supply :bang head: lol

I've already planned into 2021 myself :i agree:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
GMO (Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:50 pm) • TheCloudyChef (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:57 am)

TheCloudyChef

Post by TheCloudyChef »

So I'm using 16ltr fabric pots, so will have to rethink

These users thanked the author TheCloudyChef for the post:
Guest (Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:58 am)

TheCloudyChef

Post by TheCloudyChef »

DIY.Rik wrote:
TheCloudyChef wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 am

I had this from GHO. He says if you use 40L pots or less, you will need to top up with a compost tea and/or some sort of ferment etc...... The smaller the pot, the more often you'll need to add extras to keep the microbial life and availability of nutritients.

Maybe worth while holding on to that thought?

Thats why I think it's best to do a little of both. Unless you're outside or in huge pots, which isn't likely indoors.

Its good to plan ahead, I failed to do that on my grow and I've paid the price for not having enough of my own supply :bang head: lol

I've already planned into 2021 myself :i agree:
Sorry for late reply, new job and took my eye off the ball . Lol

Guest (Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:59 am)

Post by Guest »

TheCloudyChef wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:58 am

You don't necessarily have to re think. It depends on your set up, its size and your equipment. Smaller pots you'll just have to top dress every 2 weeks or so and keep giving compost teas or slme sort of microbial colony, the smaller the pot, the more you need to add as extra.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
TheCloudyChef (Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:38 am)

TheCloudyChef

Post by TheCloudyChef »

DIY.Rik wrote:
TheCloudyChef wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:58 am

You don't necessarily have to re think. It depends on your set up, its size and your equipment. Smaller pots you'll just have to top dress every 2 weeks or so and keep giving compost teas or slme sort of microbial colony, the smaller the pot, the more you need to add as extra.
My grow spaces are going to get kitted out and made better before next run , extraction , carbon filter, more fans to move air.
Going to solar paint the inside of both cupboards and lay some kind of flooring aswell as getting another led for the 2nd space so definitely going to improve growing conditions now I'm not rushing in .
I only have 16ltr pots currently but can always go up in size if outcome will improve.

Not long untill last plant gets chopped down now so all systems go!!

TheCloudyChef

Post by TheCloudyChef »

WW Auto nearing end of life,
Coco,compost with ecothrive charge and lifecycle with around 6 feedings off AN PH Neutral.
My coke btl grow dried abit too quick so lost alot of flavour which is slowly coming back through curing in jars but defo want to get drying dialled in for when this one gets chopped at end off week Image

Guest (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:07 pm)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”