Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

slow growth check up

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: slow growth check up

Post by Nanook »

perfect example, more patience than me to do all that tbf. You stopping with the 4 main colas?
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

HippyDi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by HippyDi »

I think its fear not patience:) lol. I dont think I will top again. Although it does seem like a resilient strain. I'm hoping I can manipulate her existing branches and get at least 6? Or am I being naive?
She has 6 branches so far. And hoping the top nodes will grow out nicely making 8 that I could get to stretch into colas.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

If you can bend her, you can get them ;) its all about time/patience. I just flatten mine under a net and let them go with no topping etc but my method is lazy, and doesnt work as well.

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

Well your plants look amazing.... Lazy or not. :) another question.....
I use the flora series nutes so pretty clean. And I ended up adding trichoderma (for hydroponics) the day after she was topped. Almost a week ago. Roots are growing out the bottom of my pot. Toying with the idea of changing from an ebb and flow to a drip. Some of the roots ends seem to dry up between floods. What do you think?

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

Don't laugh at my homemade pot plan. There are 3 big holes at the bottom

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Not laughing, a good homemade airpot :)

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

Lol thanks:) think I should leave it like that in ebb and flow or change to drip system to keep roots wet?

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Cracking work on the training, she will respond well I have no doubt about that, you’re doing some great work here really nice to see

You clearly have some great root structure already my only concern is she isn’t flipped yet and the roots will double possibly treble over the flowering weeks can you contain them wet to dry cycles Isn’t a bad thing necessary I’d be more worried about the amount of roots she will kick out is potting up an option at all without damaging to much before it’s to late ???

Smokes
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

looking real nice lady, id be incline to give another feed daily, so if you were feeding twice a day go for 3-4 times a day. those roots should soon form a nice mat in the runoff tray and you may end find that your almost constantly feeding anyway

I would say go with your gut. if you think she is ready for constant drip feeding, go for it, youll soon see if she likes it or not :)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

Thank you! :) good to hear. As I said I'm rolling in the dark here.

I can put her in a bigger pot... If I have to... I feel I have shocked her enough for my comfort (not hers necessarily:)
I'm hoping I can get away with the roots growing out the bottom? ( my basin is closed so no light) thats why I was considering changing to a drip system so that at least the roots didn't dry too much between floods. I have most of the parts to do the swap easily.

I have heard of ppl developing a full root mat at the base of their flood and drain basin. But jeeze.... Cleaning, root rot and roots in my pipes....

Alternatively I can pop her in a bucket to extend the length. But don't want to do dwc, not comfortable yet. Would keep to ebb and flow or drip

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”