Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

First regular seed grow.

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

First regular seed grow.

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

So I've got 10 x Bruce banner #3 IBL (strawberry diesel x Og kush) regular beans by ethos.
My plan was to plant 3 or 4 of them soonish and then grow them for 6 -8 weeks and take Clones from a female plant and veg the Clones.

Will I be able to sex the plants without flowering at around 8 weeks? I've seen so many conflicting reports about this on Internet I'm unsure.

I wasnt planning on flowering the mother at all but would it be a good idea to flower her and then take Clones (again Internet tells me conflicting stories) and then revert her back to veg?

So after all that Googling I thought I'd ask you knowledgeable lot.
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: First regular seed grow.

Post by GMO »

Literally do what you like mate

By 6-8 weeks a plant is usually mature enough for you to confidently sex them as they usually start to show preflowers

You can take cuts in veg and flower them

You can grow out a plant, take cuts in flower and reveg them

You can flower a plant, cut it back to the bare minimum and reveg it also

Imo you will have the strongest clones by keeping a mum in veg forever but then monstercropped or revegged clones also gave their own benefits

Real vague answer sorry dude, but I hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Re: First regular seed grow.

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

No mate, that's awesome. I just wanted to know if I could sex a plant without flowering really as the Internet tells me yes, then no, then yes..

I'm sure a few close up pics on here and you guys will let me know if I've got a boy or girl. 👍

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”