Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Supercropping for bigger yields

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Supercropping for bigger yields

Post by 2-Scoops »

Super cropping is very similar to topping, in that you just pick a site and squeeze away till you here it crack, then bend it just above a new shoot then the new shoot will take over as the main stem whilst the bent one repairs itself over a few weeks. Super cropping is done in veg and not in flower for bigger plants and yields, although if using the same technique in flower to control height etc its still HST and the plant will react the same spreading auxins around the plant more evenly trying to survive what it thinks is end of days. In pic one the plants have been topped twice when young to reach this stage of about 17 to 20 inches tall, I've then super cropped between 7 and 9 inches of each plant to keep them at even heights, i flipped to 12/12 about 12 days later.
The plants are Freddy`s Best by Dutch Passion which is a sativa heavy haze like plant, i ran at 12/12 for 12 weeks.
B4.

Basically you just squeezing a stem until it cracks just above a new shoot like you would if topping with scissors and then bending it over gently, but if you don`t bend it over enough it will be stood back up the next day, so don`t be scared to bend it.

AfterImage
4days later Image

11 days after still in veg. I then flipped to bloom about 2 weeks after supercropping.Image

3 weeks in and buds are starting to show.Image

4 to 5 weeks in bloomImage

9 weeks in bloomImage

About 11 weeks into bloom

Just b4 chop after 12 weeks in bloom ImageImageImage

I got me just over 20+ oz from the middle plant and roughly 1lb from the other 2 on either side of bigger middle plant. All 3 were grown under 2 x 600 hps lights in a passive hand fed run to waste coco medium.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 5):
Nom (Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:28 pm) • Keeno (Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:29 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:50 pm) • Sage (Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:13 pm) • ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:49 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Supercropping for bigger yields

Post by MommaB »

wow thats some beautiful bud! Not ever super cropped before but after seeing these I may have to try it. Great read thank ya sir.
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:33 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:25 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Very cool write up @2-Scoops. Beast of a plant that middle one. When I looked at the bud pic I thought it was exo. I've not heard of Freddys best before but I'll be googling it after seeing this.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:26 pm)

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Auto og kush,bent to reduce some height,it crackedImage
Now more buds playing catchup
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Out of interest the 3 plants were in a floor space around 9ft x 5ft and on EC-2.8 throughout flower getting flushed through with x2 water to pot size on a weekly basis.

Lol @JJ your an animal cracking those bloody stems. They starting to look slightly overfed to me mate as well
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I super crop everything. Long and battered veg for thick plants.
When's the best time to stop? I usually keep pinching and tweaking until they start forming pom poms.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:56 pm)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:37 pm
I super crop everything. Long and battered veg for thick plants.
When's the best time to stop? I usually keep pinching and tweaking until they start forming pom poms.
Its not really superrcropping done in flower but still known as HST (high stress training) but its still producing same respone from auxins within the plant by spreading them around rest of plant more evenly and in doing so it should help slower growing stems catch up a wee bit, so it isn`t exactly a wasted excersise if done in those first 3 weeks of bloom, but once stretch is over i just can`t see point.

But yes i tend to do it once when i do it in veg, basically i top plants young and wait till plants are a fair old size before doing it all in one go, dont get me wrong if any stems take off on their own during veg or early bloom (first 3 weeks) then i would or do snap them back over to level height of canopy off and make it more even.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
ohlordyeah_420 (Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:53 pm)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”