Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

the coconutters club learning thread

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: the coconutters club learning thread

Post by 2-Scoops »

Momma bear wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:58 pm

Love coco! Tried soil and just didnt like it. Everyone has a prefrence I suppose.
Are you gonna strip away fan leaves so all buddage is solid all way down stems or just roll with it Momma ? When i did a similar scrog man i wish I'd removed fan leaves cus for sure their was a lot more fluffy buddage come chop, tbh i was a bit devo`D i didn`t remove fans twice through out the grow. We live n learn i suppose or maybe not in my case. Grow looks great by the way from here fan leaves or not. :rock:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
duke (Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:49 am) • KD (Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:42 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Momma bear wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:58 pm

Love coco! Tried soil and just didnt like it. Everyone has a prefrence I suppose.
hi momma bear you know your doing good when you need 2 nets! :clap: gonna be beasties soon enough,thanks for sharing :thanks:
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Guest (Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:03 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

duke wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:43 pm
MrNice wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:43 pm
Brother duke i do love your bud pics would you like to donate them to the social media crew
for us to use to promote the forum

If so could you tag me please @Mr Nice
O yh do you have them with out the txt ? if not dont worry :thanks: bro

Many thanks

mn
hi mrnice i not sure how to tag you but your welcome to use any of my pics from gallery theres quite a mass now,cheers :bye:
[/quot

thanks duke yeah thats why asked you have loads of bud pics wicked ill have to come bk go through them :thanks:
gentleman and a scholar
Be good to push the forum with yr buddy pics who dont lik seein bud pawn lol

Many thanks

MN

O yh if want to tag people hit the @ on your keyboard or phone then start to type member name should appear in a drop down menu click name boom you dont it should then show red after lik so i tag my self here to show you @Mr Nice
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
duke (Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:30 am)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

hi all just a quick update on the sainsburys homebase coco i have been trialing,well it is cleaner than the poundland coco and had a starting ec below 0.40 and is properly buffered and has mixed particle sizes which ime is better for good aeration than the dusty type coco from poundland.
my 2 vanilla kush are both in 20ltr pots of the homebase coco and both looking very healthy still using the dutch pro bloom at 1.2 ec and daily check of run of for any problems and all seems as it should,£12.99 for 75ltrs and not having to either visit a hydro shop in person or trust that the ebay seller knows what there selling :lol: so when i need coco next i know where im going! :bye: :i agree:
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 4):
Wrh (Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:02 am) • MommaB (Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:34 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:49 pm) • Guest (Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:03 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

duke wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:19 pm
hi all just a quick update on the sainsburys homebase coco i have been trialing,well it is cleaner than the poundland coco and had a starting ec below 0.40 and is properly buffered and has mixed particle sizes which ime is better for good aeration than the dusty type coco from poundland.
my 2 vanilla kush are both in 20ltr pots of the homebase coco and both looking very healthy still using the dutch pro bloom at 1.2 ec and daily check of run of for any problems and all seems as it should,£12.99 for 75ltrs and not having to either visit a hydro shop in person or trust that the ebay seller knows what there selling :lol: so when i need coco next i know where im going! :bye: :i agree:
Thanks for this. seems like i got a new coco supplier now. :thx:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
duke (Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:04 pm) • Guest (Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:57 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

A good tip with coco is don't overwater whilst plants are young with very little rootage or your gonna start to see problems that look like deficiencies ie: over ferting or light burn ect ect, basically hold of watering/feeding daily and do the old pot lifting trick, when a pot of coco with a young plant in with very little rootage needs watering you will easily be able to tell the pot will become light as a feather, don`t let pot become bone dry but its not rocket science, basically if you`ve got a young plant that has few roots in a small pot it shouldn`t need feeding/watering again for 3 to 4 days maybe more for first 2 or 3 weeks of its life.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 4):
Rassensi (Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:02 pm) • duke (Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:05 pm) • Josh (Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:51 pm) • Guest (Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:56 pm)

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm
A good tip with coco is don't overwater whilst plants are young with very little rootage or your gonna start to see problems that look like deficiencies ie: over ferting or light burn ect ect, basically hold of watering/feeding daily and do the old pot lifting trick, when a pot of coco with a young plant in with very little rootage needs watering you will easily be able to tell the pot will become light as a feather, don`t let pot become bone dry but its not rocket science, basically if you`ve got a young plant that has few roots in a small pot it shouldn`t need feeding/watering again for 3 to 4 days maybe more for first 2 or 3 weeks of its life.
Exactly what mr scoops said I mean I’ve only been growing in coco for years now and some how still about killed them with over watering at the seedling stage oh Ras you dammed NOOB 😂😂sound advice from me old mucka tho I need to stop forcing the issue Image :bang head:
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post (total 4):
duke (Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:44 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 pm) • Guest (Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:56 pm) • KD (Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:15 pm)
Out here growing my own since 05

Rixtar

Post by Rixtar »

Just coming to the end of my first grow and so happy I chose Coco, has been pretty easy once I got into the swing of mixing up the nutes. Love it... 2nd grow going to commence next weekend
These users thanked the author Rixtar for the post (total 4):
Rassensi (Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:08 pm) • duke (Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:07 pm) • KD (Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:15 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Rixtar wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:59 pm
Just coming to the end of my first grow and so happy I chose Coco, has been pretty easy once I got into the swing of mixing up the nutes. Love it... 2nd grow going to commence next weekend
hi rixtar so we have another coconutter in the club! like you say a few good grows under your belt and in coco you can control/improve more every grow,it evolves and can be made quite easy with a bit of nouse.
coco i can grow anything in. mud i suck big time :oh-shit: so glad my old mentor many years ago showed me a commercial tomatoe (wink,wink) crop in coco,man i was struck with :idea: and went home and built my first drobe,never took mud for weed since!
best of luck with the new grow,cheers :nice: :nice: :Stoned:
mon the coco!!!!!!!!! :wave:
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Rixtar (Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:31 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Aaaaand I'm in :) Gonna read this in a bit 👍
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
duke (Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:09 pm)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”