Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

The absolute noobs guide to growing with ease!

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
KD
Known User

The absolute noobs guide to growing with ease!

Post by KD »

Hello and welcome to my guide on the easiest way to grow I've found yet!

If you're planning your first plant and are finding the pH and EC control a bit daunting, this is for you.

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliation with BioTabs, nor do I work for BioTabs. BioTabs didn't ask me to write this, I just think it's a really good product.

How I grow, is considered 100% organic. I use BioTabs nutrient line to feed the micro life in the soil and they, in turn, feed my plants. It can be used in soil and coco with perlite at an 80/20 ratio with excellent results. I find the best soil to use is a seedling soil as we will be adding nutrients into the medium, along with bacteria and fungus that both protect the plant's roots, feed the plants and aid in the nutrient transfer from soil to plant.

So to get started, you would take your bag of seedling soil (I mentioned coco earlier as well but I will be talking about soil from now on as that's what I use. The general applications still apply though) and mix in your Startrex @ 25 gr per 5 litres of seedling soil. Startrex contains a large number of soil bacteria that immediately work to improve the soil and ensure better uptake of organic fertilizers.

Most potting soils are sterilised in order to kill weed seeds and germs. This also kills all the beneficial soil bacteria and fungi. The result is that the soil life potting soil takes a long time to become established. By mixing your soil with Startrex, you can ensure that your soil comes to life immediately, for your plant to take root quicker. The 3 most important components of Startrex are fulvic acids, humus and silicon. Fulvic acid is natures major transporter. It enters plant cells bringing the nutrients to the cells. Humus feeds the population of microorganisms and other creatures in the soil, and thus maintains high and healthy levels of soil life and Silicon (mono silicic acid) is widely known as a “superfood” for plants. While it doesn’t directly increase bud size, potency, or terpenes, it does the little things that lead to a successful, plentiful harvest.

Next, you make a hole in the centre of your pot, where your plant is going to live. I do this by just lifting out a large fist full of soil. Add 5gr of Mycotrex to the hole and cover it back over. Mycotrex contains 9 species of Endo Mycorrhiza spores, Beneficial Rhizo Bacteria, Seaweed meal & Humic acid. Mycorrhizal fungi infect the roots with a beneficial fungus. The plant supplies the fungus with sugars and carbon and receives water and/or nutrients in return. Rhizobacteria are root-associated bacteria that form symbiotic relationships with many plants where they increase the availability of nutrients through the solubilization of unavailable forms of nutrients. They basically break down what the plant cant eat into a form it can eat. Seaweed meal is an excellent source of micronutrients and beneficial plant growth promoters and Humic acid helps plants uptake and absorbs nutrients and contains Nitrogen.

So that's almost all for the soil prep. Now you can pop in your seed along with an actual BioTab or 2 depending on the size of your pot. Refer to the manual for this as it differs. The tabs themselves contain a formula of slow-acting organic nitrogen, bone meal, blood meal, feather meal, fish meal, natural humic acids and beneficial soil bacteria. The beneficial soil bacteria improve the soil and contribute to the good uptake of the fertilizers, resulting in uniformly healthy growth without leaching of the fertilizers. The unique combination of fertilizers and soil bacteria ensure healthy growth and healthy soil. On their own, they're useless but the micro herd in the soil will break this all down into all the nutrients a plant needs to thrive.

Lastly, I would water my plants pot with dechlorinated tap water and give them the last bit of the BioTabs kit. Dechlorinated tap water or bottled water is super important because chlorinated water will kill the living organisms in the soil and we really don't want that. Once I see some runoff coming out I would feed them 0.5ltrs of a mixture of Bactrex and Orgatrex. Bactrex is a dry, water-soluble powder with a large number of beneficial soil and root microbes (including 6 strains of Bacillus spp.), Trichoderma fungi and actinomycetes. These have a great effect on soil structure and fertility. It also contains various effective strains of Trichoderma. Which are a species of fungi that are harmful to certain other fungi, including fungi that cause diseases among some plants. Orgatrex contains; alfalfa meal, mixed molasses, kali vinasse, silicon oxide and rock dust. These partly supply sugars to the bacteria and break down into micronutrients for the plants.

After that, just let your plant grow for the first 5 weeks. Only water it with Dechlorinated water and don't worry about checking the pH or the EC at all. The life in the soil will sort it all out for you. At week 5 you add more Bactrex and Orgatrex according to the chart amounts and I use a PK Booster tea once a week from the 3rd week after seeing pistils growing. The booster tea is a mixture of extremely concentrated organic compost, Bat Guano, Kelp, P releasing bacteria, K mobilising bacteria and selected special ingredients. BioTabs are slightly shady in revealing exactly what's in this one but trust me, its worth using it. To make the tea I pour a litre of dechlorinated water into an old yoghurt pot I have, add the tea granules and some orgatrex, and leave it to bubble with an air pump and stone for 24 hours. I start this the day before I will use it, then I water the plants with a few litres of water, and add 0.5ltr of this tea at the end.

I know it may sound a lot but believe me... it really isn't. I've tried everything, from soil with chem nutes, coco, full hydro and THIS is hands down the absolute easiest way to grow weed. I don't know how you can mess it up other than my favourite trick of forgetting I've already fed them at week 5 and doing it twice :lol:

Hope you enjoy and please let me know if you decide to try this, I would love to follow along for the ride. While your plant is still young, I recommend researching LST methods, Topping and what you're going to need to do come harvest time.
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 5):
Norseman (Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:34 pm) • Rassensi (Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:42 pm) • MrNice (Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:47 pm) • Keeno (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:11 pm) • mostang64 (Mon May 03, 2021 12:22 am)

Norseman
Known User

Re: The absolute noobs guide to growing with ease!

Post by Norseman »

Nice read mate. I'm sure this will be helpful for new growers if they decide to go fully organic in their groom.
These users thanked the author Norseman for the post:
KD (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:00 pm)
In the Silence lies the Power

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

Good read brother I might just try these at one point I remember you telling me about them a while back now has to be a year or so back you said you was going to try them out and obviously you liked the way they work
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post:
KD (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:00 pm)
Out here growing my own since 05

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Yh ive seen theses BioTabs before sound like a plan for new growers takes the pain out of woking out nutrient amounts

Be nice see some tests done using them
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
KD (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:00 pm) • Rassensi (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:01 pm)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Thanks for sharing that, I would like to go down the perpetual soil route at some point
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
MrNice (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:02 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Thanks for dropping in guys :bye:
Norseman wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:35 pm
Nice read mate. I'm sure this will be helpful for new growers if they decide to go fully organic in their groom.
Yeah, I hope so mate.
Rassensi wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:50 pm
Good read brother I might just try these at one point I remember you telling me about them a while back now has to be a year or so back you said you were going to try them out and obviously you liked the way they work
Yeah, its all I use now. GHO has piqued my interest though as they look awesome and cheaper than this but this is what I know and love right now. You should try a coco grow with them man. I reckon you will get bored with not having to mix feeds and pH or EC the liquids though. The perfect excuse to build a scrog instead though :lol:
MrNice wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:50 pm
Yh I've seen theses BioTabs before sound like a plan for new growers takes the pain out of woking out nutrient amounts

Be nice see some tests done using them
Its all I use MrN. My diary will show what they can do, especially if/when I get a light upgrade for the tents. I can't wait to try an invisible sun lamp with this stuff tbh

:Stoned:
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 3):
Rassensi (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:09 pm) • MrNice (Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:05 pm) • Norseman (Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:16 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

fibrosux wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:01 pm
Thanks for sharing that, I would like to go down the perpetual soil route at some point
Very welcome dude. I always have one plant in veg and one plant in flower. Use LST with this and it's so so simple to do. My last plant, I messed up and got 42g off her but normally I'm getting 70 - 80g off a plant under 110W COBs. The best thing I forgot to mention, was everyone who has tried my bud comments on the taste. Every time! They always say organic tastes better and I used to think weed tasted like weed until I started sharing some and people taste the difference for sure!

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

:barmy: That's my problem I enjoy the hole mixing feeds making sure everything's running correctly I'm a sucker for it lol :lol:
KD (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:20 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Rassensi wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 pm
:barmy: That's my problem I enjoy the hole mixing feeds making sure everything's running correctly I'm a sucker for it lol :lol:
I know, I bet its a blessing and a curse innit :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Rassensi (Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:22 pm)

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

I must admit I enjoy most days then others it's like ffs time to feed again but it all pays of in the end so I don't really mind lol
KD (Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:20 pm)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”