Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Nutrient burn?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
grownnotflown420

Re: Nutrient burn?

Post by grownnotflown420 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:46 pm
Cool as fuck. You could and should keep at that dose for most way through the whole grow, i`d prolly up them when they are stretching like mad and at their hungriest for ferts to 2.5ml a litre when you flip to 12/12 for 3 weeks before dropping back to 2ml for rest of flowering @grownnotflown420 jobs a good en though hey.
Absolutely man! Thanks so much again bro!!

One question tho, recon I should feed every time they need watering? Or once a week then just plain water in between?
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:13 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:46 pm
Cool as fuck. You could and should keep at that dose for most way through the whole grow, i`d prolly up them when they are stretching like mad and at their hungriest for ferts to 2.5ml a litre when you flip to 12/12 for 3 weeks before dropping back to 2ml for rest of flowering @grownnotflown420 jobs a good en though hey.
Absolutely man! Thanks so much again bro!!

One question tho, recon I should feed every time they need watering? Or once a week then just plain water in between?
No i would think they`re are gonna need feeding ferts every feed in that 60/40 medium now which i doubt will have or hold much ferts in it for too long. Yes it`s 40% peat moss and im not sure how that works but i think it will hold ferts a wee bit more than just 100%coco. But just dip your run off every few weeks and iff its climbing too much above what your putting in through top then just flush it back down with plain water all in one go.

I dont think the medium will become water logged either if you feed those every few days now they are flying, maybe try it out and if they do then water in ferts every 3 days instead of 2, but i`d be going with 2 days atmo right till chop till summink tells me different which i doubt it will. Always try to go by how plants are looking and if they looking good above ground why change things, they will tell you if they`re hungry or iff your watering in too much ferts in no time.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
grownnotflown420 (Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:42 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

grownnotflown420

Wicked man, I will water today then with ferts 👍👍👍

Cheers @2-Scoops

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Cheers @2-Scoops
Out of interest how often were you watering since upping ferts ?

They will fill that room if you flip them now those mate, they may need some defoliating at som,e point when they`re bigger to let light in.
grownnotflown420 (Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:47 pm)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:28 am
grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Cheers @2-Scoops
Out of interest how often were you watering since upping ferts ?

They will fill that room if you flip them now those mate, they may need some defoliating at som,e point when they`re bigger to let light in.
Tbh dude I can't entirely remember timings
I went from cubes straight to 15l pots and was giving very little water every 2-3 days
Then I fed once with 0.5ml/L and it is here that I fucked up 😂😂 it sat wet for almost a week so I didn't water at all, when they finally dried up, I fed with 2ml/L and will feed 2.5ml/L today as I'm gonna change my lighting schedule to 12/12 as like you say it'll fill the grodrobe.

Being a haze strain I'm worried it may overgrow a tad 😂😂😂

But deflation will have to happen you're right lol, already defoliated twice lol

The 2 plants are definitely different phenos, the one on the right is squattier and has much bigger leaves. Ironically up until the last week I thought it was the better of the 2. The one on the left started life all twisted and shit, didn't look good as a seedling but the root growth was incomparable to the other, few weeks on it has overtaken the one on the right in every way possible!!
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:07 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Just let them be for first 3 weeks of 12/12 and do all defoliatrion after stretch when you know how land lies then when stretch is over. Usually i just remove all bottom 3rd of plant altogether completely and iff any needs doing up top then i`ll remove shit loads of big fan leaves and klet them go do their thing friom their, but sometimes plant may not need any removing cfrom up top, like my current grow in pics i added i took none away up their in flower.

As for stretching iff any stems take off just squeeze stems between finger and thumb till it crushes and bend them back down, kinda like supercropping, but yes they soon repair themselves just dont faff about too much once done, you could do that around 2 weeks into 12/12 in one go, it will also help spread hormones around plant.

Dont forget to check run off a few weeks in cus we or you dont really know how that medium works and how much ferts it holds or collects and holds onto over time.
grownnotflown420 (Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:12 pm)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:07 pm
Just let them be for first 3 weeks of 12/12 and do all defoliatrion after stretch when you know how land lies then when stretch is over. Usually i just remove all bottom 3rd of plant altogether completely and iff any needs doing up top then i`ll remove shit loads of big fan leaves and klet them go do their thing friom their, but sometimes plant may not need any removing cfrom up top, like my current grow in pics i added i took none away up their in flower.

As for stretching iff any stems take off just squeeze stems between finger and thumb till it crushes and bend them back down, kinda like supercropping, but yes they soon repair themselves just dont faff about too much once done, you could do that around 2 weeks into 12/12 in one go, it will also help spread hormones around plant.

Dont forget to check run off a few weeks in cus we or you dont really know how that medium works and how much ferts it holds or collects and holds onto over time.
Wicked man makes perfect sense thanks again bro!

Recon 2.5ml/L tonight will be fine? On first day of flip? My thinking is preload it before it takes off lol

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:13 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

Recon 2.5ml/L tonight will be fine? On first day of flip? My thinking is preload it before it takes off lol
Im just not sure tbh, i`d maybe go in with 2ml cus those ferts are high in NPK that your using alongside cal/mag and its that usually issue a few weeks into bloom calcium or magnesium defs and not only that those ferts are NPK heavy alot more than i use. I`m kinda making it up as i go along :lol: Hence why i say keep going by what plants saying and if it looks good , jobs a good en. I mean they may not even need 2.5 ml a liter of those ferts, im kinda going by what i tend to do with A&B i use, but your grow medium is different as well so its all about being carefull tbh im trying to be a little conservative cus its easily overdone so stick at 2ml atmo cus you have calmag suppliment going in as well. I use 60/40 coco/perlite, remember that for your next purchase 8-) But yes just go steady and iff owt looks dodgy get a run off reading and lower ferts a wee bit, but im usually around on here, so keep pictures coming every now n then mate of both plants and odd close up, i`ll try my best for you :oik!: Remember if your going to feed every few days keep check for droopy overwatered look .
grownnotflown420 (Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:50 pm)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:04 pm
grownnotflown420 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:13 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

Im just not sure tbh, i`d maybe go in with 2ml cus those ferts are high in NPK that your using alongside cal/mag and its that usually issue a few weeks into bloom calcium or magnesium defs and not only that those ferts are NPK heavy alot more than i use. I`m kinda making it up as i go along :lol: Hence why i say keep going by what plants saying and if it looks good , jobs a good en. I mean they may not even need 2.5 ml a liter of those ferts, im kinda going by what i tend to do with A&B i use, but your grow medium is different as well so its all about being carefull tbh im trying to be a little conservative cus its easily overdone so stick at 2ml atmo cus you have calmag suppliment going in as well. I use 60/40 coco/perlite, remember that for your next purchase 8-) But yes just go steady and iff owt looks dodgy get a run off reading and lower ferts a wee bit, but im usually around on here, so keep pictures coming every now n then mate of both plants and odd close up, i`ll try my best for you :oik!: Remember if your going to feed every few days keep check for droopy overwatered look .
Awesome thanks man aha, I have the ecothrive 60/40 ready for next run already 😂😂😂

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I don`t know what that ecothrive is, i just buy coco and perlite and mix myself mate.
grownnotflown420 (Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:20 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”