Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Nutrient burn?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Nutrient burn?

Post by 2-Scoops »

Tbh those brown looking shitty bits on leafage in last pictures is prolly calcium deficiency which tends to happen most around 3,4 and 5 weeks into 12/12. I think its caused when plants are stretching like mad first 3 to 4 weeks of 12/12 and when they are at their hungriest needing lots of calcium to stretch and grow like good ens, but peep's don`t seem to up ferts at this time for 4 or 5 weeks and then drop it back down .

But yes calcium def i found is shit hard to get right once it goes tits up, it just gets worse and worse and come chop plants usually look like shit. You`ll still get a harvest and decent smoke is what I've found in times gone by when ive had it myself, but it does effect yield a wee bit obviously. Don`t sweat about it too much though and if your doing ph`ing thing in dirt then maybe look at setting ph for fastist uptake of calcium, i know plenty don't ph soil grows. Just google ph charts for weed growing, theirs loads in google pics @grownnotflown420 .
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Josh (Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:18 pm) • Guest (Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:33 pm) • wutang (Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:32 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Post by Guest »

This is what I use. Optimum overall is around 6.3

This is for soil though.

Good thinking @2-Scoops Never thought........ can't buy experience ey ;-)
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:09 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

grownnotflown420

Post by grownnotflown420 »

Things are going real Tits up here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Any hope or shall I just chop and cut my losses??
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:45 pm)
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

Post by Guest »

Mate, mine looked worse than that when I starved my last plants lol πŸ˜†

One thing I realised is you have to guess when they've come to a point of stopping growth. Keep an eye on 1 or 2 patches of trichomes.

Monitor how they progress and if they start turning Amber and you have no new tricjkme forming anywhere else, chop. Or the bud would start degrading.

Depends how you like your weed too. Earlier chop, more terpene profile I have found.

I always wany majority cloudy trichomes though, I hate racy weed. Who does?!
grownnotflown420 (Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:39 pm)

grownnotflown420

DIY.Rik wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:45 am
Mate, mine looked worse than that when I starved my last plants lol πŸ˜†

One thing I realised is you have to guess when they've come to a point of stopping growth. Keep an eye on 1 or 2 patches of trichomes.

Monitor how they progress and if they start turning Amber and you have no new tricjkme forming anywhere else, chop. Or the bud would start degrading.

Depends how you like your weed too. Earlier chop, more terpene profile I have found.

I always wany majority cloudy trichomes though, I hate racy weed. Who does?!
Ahaha no way man!

It's supposed to be a 10-12 week flower on this strain and they're at week 7 so I'm gonna try see it out until the end lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Guest (Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:46 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

It looks 100% locked out to me. Have you leeched the medium?

I;d give it a good run through with tepid tap water till EC out is the same as EC in, then start feeding it again.

Base ferts only, no calmag or potions. Just base feed. :idn:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Guest (Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:47 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:49 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:05 pm

Things are going real Tits up here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Any hope or shall I just chop and cut my losses??
Have you got any fulvic or humic acid and any synthetic ferts ? Tell me what ferts your using again. Bio-bizz i think ?

Defo don`t chop the fuckers mate, theirs one or two swazzers you can still do.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Guest (Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:57 pm)

Post by Guest »

2-Scoops wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:48 pm
Have you got any fulvic or humic acid and any synthetic ferts ? Tell me what ferts your using again. Bio-bizz i think ?

Defo don`t chop the fuckers mate, theirs one or two swazzers you can still do.
Say's indida range on 1st page...?

Humic/fulvic makes sense, or amino acids.

Maybe try using a different range to finish them off?
2-Scoops (Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:41 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Ah yes nice one, they`re indica ferts i remember now @DIY.Rik cheers.

I think they are synthetic not organic too @grownnotflown420 . So if im right in thinking that i`d be making a 50/50 mix up of your veg and bloom ferts with some fulvic acid slung in the mix and foliar spraying plants, humic acid works if no fulvic too and if you`ve got any b-vit type goodies for plants sling that in mix too but if you`ve none of those no sweat and just go with the veg50/50bloom ferts at a super high fert ec only. Id be making foliar spray up to 3.0ec as well doing it 5 mins before lights on or at lights on and 5 or 10 mins before lights out for 4 or 5 days. Pay extra attention to spraying undersides of leaves and try not spray and be soaking bud. Id also be making this foliar spray up with hydro or coco specific ferts iff you have them not soil ferts but if not its not end of world, tis just they have higher quantities of certain ellements in than dirt ferts and are tip-top for plant, a bit like plants been going down gym for a work out with Lou Ferrigno in comparison to soil ferts used this way.

Usually i`d say add a few drops of washing up liquid per liter but they are flowering and you dont wanna be blowing bubbles come smoke time. Also i wouldn`t really be foliar spraying anything in bloom when plants have buds unless its needs be and it to me it looks a needs be moment, not only that its still early enough in flower to bring them around a wee bit foliar spraying without worrying too much.

I`d also do what Marcus says and flush pots through with loadsa water x 2 water to size of pots at least and let them dry out a wee bit but not fully 3 or4 maybe 5 days before starting watering in ferts again around 1.2 base fert only EC.

I`d do all that only iff your ferts are of synthetic kind cus its a really quick fix is foliar spraying high ec doses of base ferts and all being well you should notice a difference pretty sharpish in colour, were talking 2 or 3 days. On down side you may also nioticve odd fucked up leaf from spraying + light = odd fucked up burnt leaf. It`s really no sweat though and summink ive done quite alot on vegging cuttings running with higher EC of around 4.0, but i really dont wanna be saying run with 4.0ec cus shit can go south fast. Ive found 3.0ec for this is about sound. You wanna be doing this after flushing pot through whilst waiting on medfium to dry out for 3 to 4 days before deciding whether to carry it on a few more days, but you can over do it, not that i ever have so don`t sweat it too much.

As said previously shit just gets worse but you can get them to end and get a nice haul still.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Guest (Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:58 am)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:40 pm
Ah yes nice one, they`re indica ferts i remember now @DIY.Rik cheers.

I think they are synthetic not organic too @grownnotflown420 . So if im right in thinking that i`d be making a 50/50 mix up of your veg and bloom ferts with some fulvic acid slung in the mix and foliar spraying plants, humic acid works if no fulvic too and if you`ve got any b-vit type goodies for plants sling that in mix too but if you`ve none of those no sweat and just go with the veg50/50bloom ferts at a super high fert ec only. Id be making foliar spray up to 3.0ec as well doing it 5 mins before lights on or at lights on and 5 or 10 mins before lights out for 4 or 5 days. Pay extra attention to spraying undersides of leaves and try not spray and be soaking bud. Id also be making this foliar spray up with hydro or coco specific ferts iff you have them not soil ferts but if not its not end of world, tis just they have higher quantities of certain ellements in than dirt ferts and are tip-top for plant, a bit like plants been going down gym for a work out with Lou Ferrigno in comparison to soil ferts used this way.

Usually i`d say add a few drops of washing up liquid per liter but they are flowering and you dont wanna be blowing bubbles come smoke time. Also i wouldn`t really be foliar spraying anything in bloom when plants have buds unless its needs be and it to me it looks a needs be moment, not only that its still early enough in flower to bring them around a wee bit foliar spraying without worrying too much.

I`d also do what Marcus says and flush pots through with loadsa water x 2 water to size of pots at least and let them dry out a wee bit but not fully 3 or4 maybe 5 days before starting watering in ferts again around 1.2 base fert only EC.

I`d do all that only iff your ferts are of synthetic kind cus its a really quick fix is foliar spraying high ec doses of base ferts and all being well you should notice a difference pretty sharpish in colour, were talking 2 or 3 days. On down side you may also nioticve odd fucked up leaf from spraying + light = odd fucked up burnt leaf. It`s really no sweat though and summink ive done quite alot on vegging cuttings running with higher EC of around 4.0, but i really dont wanna be saying run with 4.0ec cus shit can go south fast. Ive found 3.0ec for this is about sound. You wanna be doing this after flushing pot through whilst waiting on medfium to dry out for 3 to 4 days before deciding whether to carry it on a few more days, but you can over do it, not that i ever have so don`t sweat it too much.

As said previously shit just gets worse but you can get them to end and get a nice haul still.
Wow thanks man,

So today I flushed with Ph'd water, 30l of water and will foliar feed coco synthetic nutes just a & b before lights out, unfortunately I don't have fulvic avid etc.

Really appreciate your help dude πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
2-Scoops (Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:42 pm)

Return to β€œCannabis issues and help section”